Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Photography and Media
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2011, 07:40 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Dawn Patrol at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
Curious to know if and who checks this?

Need to get some stickers made up to cover up the 100-400 then!
They seem pretty strict on it from what I hear. The missus little bro who is 12 wasn't allowed his in, and it was at the bottom of his bag...
Old 05-12-2011, 07:46 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol View Post
They seem pretty strict on it from what I hear. The missus little bro who is 12 wasn't allowed his in, and it was at the bottom of his bag...
Footy is the same ... It's the corporatisation of everything.

My favorite one recently is paying to attend my daughters graduation and being advised that photos were prohibited to be taken due to contractual obligations with the event photographer.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:34 PM
STI Master

98kellrs at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB Liberty View Post
My favorite one recently is paying to attend my daughters graduation and being advised that photos were prohibited to be taken due to contractual obligations with the event photographer.
Yes and no on this one, firstly a tog has to make some money somehow, and everybody wants the world for free nowadays. Having the choice between their own badly taken shots with a P&S or having to pay for professional shots, 90% of the time people will take the free option, so where does that leave a professional tog? That said it is a mementos occasion and you'd expect to at least be able to use a crappy P&S to keep some memories of it.

A little of topic, but I recently held a studio session for a dance school, 60-odd kids, high-key style, 2x studio strobes and 2x speedlights etc and even then parents were trying to take their own pictures. I had all my lights optically triggered and each time they took a photo all my gear would go off! If you don't want to pay for them (and I was charging half what the guy the previous year charged), why bring them to the shoot?! /rant.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:03 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Ashby at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB Liberty View Post
Footy is the same ... It's the corporatisation of everything.

Did your daughter go to Curtin? I have my graduation in Feb of 2012, I haven't paid yet, and if that is the case then I may not bother going to graduation. Not much point as I can have my Graduation Certificate delivered via mail
Old 06-12-2011, 08:09 AM
Flat Four Father

Rexxar at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Rexxar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDR RA View Post
^^ Nikon D7000 is a good bit of kit. Advice I was given is go with the brand (either Canon or Nikon) that most of your friends have that you are likely to be able to borrow lenses. despite most of the guys on here being Canon fanbois a couple of good friends both run Nikon so we went that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reflexwrx View Post
I have the Nikkon D90, amazing camera. Great hobby and the photos of our children growing up are priceless. The video function on the D90 is not great, I believe they rectified this on the next model.
I have the Nikon D7k the video is ok to combat the camera trying to focus every 2sec just increase the aperture to F8-11 and it should be ok
But my Gopro still take better video imo...

You want a Crop sensor lens for that extra reach, Cannon is 1.6? and Nikon is 1.5
So what ever the focal length ie. 70-200 its actually 105-300[(1.5 Nikon crop sensor)correct me if Im wrong]
Old 06-12-2011, 10:57 AM

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashby View Post
Did your daughter go to Curtin? I have my graduation in Feb of 2012, I haven't paid yet, and if that is the case then I may not bother going to graduation. Not much point as I can have my Graduation Certificate delivered via mail
John Curtin High School - Not Curtin University.

I went to the grad ceremony for my Curtin degree - waste of time n money and the photo was crap.
Old 18-12-2011, 06:45 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

nice_05 at standard level

Also going to check out the Nikon and Canon camera next week for the girlfriend, on another note is there any worthy point and shoot digital camera under the $500 range. Cant really decided if i want to get her a dslr or more of a compact unit.
Old 18-12-2011, 06:53 PM
STI Master

98kellrs at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by nice_05 View Post
Also going to check out the Nikon and Canon camera next week for the girlfriend, on another note is there any worthy point and shoot digital camera under the $500 range. Cant really decided if i want to get her a dslr or more of a compact unit.
Check these out for a decent P&S, I've had 2 and absolutely loved them, no issues at all. The wide angle and 16x are super handy!

http://panasonic.com.au/Products/Lum...-TZ20/Overview
Old 19-12-2011, 09:11 AM

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

I could carry my old 300mm in my pocket of my baggy jordan shorts without detection.

Problem, copyright fags?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 19-12-2011, 09:49 AM

Master D knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nice_05 View Post
I have a nikon coolpix p500.
It has massive zoom and does almost everything that a dslr does but in a friendly p&s way.
Cost me $600 and its a magic camera.
Leave it in full auto for p&s pics or there is like 12 other modes for tweaking the camera the way you want it to be.

Tags
camera