Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Stock ECU Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/stock-ecu-discussion/)
-   -   07 wrx tune (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/stock-ecu-discussion/51384-07-wrx-tune.html)

ketchup 03-12-2012 09:29 PM

[QUOTE=mao;724932]This was already addressed in a PM sent to Tony and will open up the software for him to physically take a look.[/QUOTE]

Wait, are you trying to say you sent him the .hex file and expected him to decipher any sort of useful information from it? Or you sent him the graph of the AFR readings, someone who already had trouble understanding the power/torque graph provided (no offence intended Tony).

Dan [GTI] 03-12-2012 09:29 PM

[QUOTE=Tony;724953]It was answered.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't have put it better myself :D

If anyone has questions I am sure they all have the ability to PM Mao or any other collaborated parties to get the answers they need.

astralex 03-12-2012 09:30 PM

I was referring to the question posed by rexesstacyimonmyiphonecantbebotheredlookingup. This is a public forum, the moment you started the thread you have to accept that people are well within their rights to ask a question, regardless of whether you like it or not.

American Dave 03-12-2012 09:31 PM

this is why we have forums so we can discuss issues confronting us all..there is no need to lock threads but I will not hesitate to give out holidays if any member violates the rules here

mao 03-12-2012 09:33 PM

Good call.

Have organised Warick to do a few runs on Thursday and will post the runs up on different launches.

As PMed to Tony, will open up the software for actual AFRs for Him as we'll.

Tony 03-12-2012 09:36 PM

[QUOTE=Rexesstacyonerateorcism;724959] someone who already had trouble understanding the power/torque graph provided (no offence intended Tony).[/QUOTE]

No offence taken. Jsut to be clear, i understood the power/torque graph. I just wanted to know why the stock tune is so outrageous. Then everything else happened :(

mao 03-12-2012 09:59 PM

None of the below. Although Tony has mentioned he is busy until Christmas, once I get his vehicle here, will upload his tune in his ecu for him to view actual AFRs. No emailing but actual in-situ data.

As mentioned, Warick will be here to go through the runs and graphs with him, until our customer, Tony is duely satisfied. It is our job to do so.

[QUOTE=Rexesstacyonerateorcism;724959]Wait, are you trying to say you sent him the .hex file and expected him to decipher any sort of useful information from it? Or you sent him the graph of the AFR readings, someone who already had trouble understanding the power/torque graph provided (no offence intended Tony).[/QUOTE]

Kato 04-12-2012 10:12 AM

Good to see the customer support.

Mao, if you could pull the data from the dynapack showing a standard torque ramp up, that would answer most people's questions. I'm sure Tony wouldn't mind as it would give a better basis for questions.

Kato 04-12-2012 11:46 AM

Also, RedMY01Owen thanks for the negative feedback saying I'm argumentative because I wish to question a dyno plot that shows maximum torque at 2500 rpm.

If you can post up all these 2.5's with TD04's making all that torque at 2500 rpm, that would be more constructive.

Btw, feedback means jack shit on here.

RedMY01Owen 04-12-2012 12:13 PM

I didn't post negative feedback because you questioned a dyno plot that everyone else had also questioned (myself included). I posted negative feedback saying that your post was argumentative because your post was argumentative. My original post did not say that the dyno plot was wholely correct, merely that there was SOME useful infromation that could be read from it. Bear in mind that some people do use the accelerator before they engage the clutch and this will result in more than idle torque at takeoff. In some cases the customer might ask for a dyno plot representing a low rpm launch.

My understanding of reputation is that if someone posts something useful/informative/constructive they should receive positive feedback and if they act like a child they should receive negative feedback. I wasn't saying you are argumentative, only that your post was. What does reputation mean to you?

I agree that these motors won't make full torque at 2500rpm, and I said this in both of my posts.