Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > ECU Discussion > Stock ECU Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2013, 03:33 PM
Scoobie Noobie

alby1281 at standard level

Hi, i just recently did a v4sti swap in my 98 club spec evo2. I did this because i myself thought it would be easier having the loom and ecu included which also had the 3plug setup etc... Myself and a good mate did the swap and it was both our first time working on a Subaru. I did the research and also did the same pin swap but also could not for the life of us get the fuel pump to go! After more research i had a bloke tell me that due to in Japan having little to no car theft they did not have alarms or something to that effect...anyway he old me that in Aus they retro fitted imobilisers for insurance purposes because they were being stolen so often insurance companies wouldn't insure owners etc...so he said there was a chip in the key that told the original ecu that it was the right key for that car etc... and turned fuel pump on and the sti ecu didn't recognise this, long story short we earthed the pump with a switch and it fired straight up! I now just run a fuel pump controller with pressure regulator etc... You will have to upgrade fuel pump as my standard rex pump starved when on boost. Did the walbro upgrade and it screams to the limiter! Just thought i would try and help as i know the nightmare i went through lol.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:38 PM
Scoobie Noobie

alby1281 at standard level

Sorry also the sti air flow meter is different and has an extra pin out from memory and runs an extra wire back to the ecu for air temp (it advances and retards timing depending on air temp etc..) It will work fine without it but if you ever do a track day or something you will want it.
Old 29-03-2013, 03:22 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

kody at standard level

Thanks for that.. I did swap them over and it still didnt work. Theres gotta be something deeper as i gave individual earth to all the ecu earth pins and a constant earth to the fuel pump now it works. Still trying to figure out how i managed to stuff up the ground circuit
Old 29-03-2013, 06:12 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

RS_207 at standard level

Hmm mine is a jdm sti conversion into audm liberty, no dramas there. Talk to Doug at stechnic, he'll set u right.
Old 20-04-2013, 10:27 AM
Scoobie Noobie

wills01 at standard level

i have done the ecu swap only moved the wires as in the above post no no fuel pump and no fire its also bypassed the immobiliser will turn over but no start since mine has immobiliser do i have to not move pin 17 to pin 7 ???? any advice would be greatly appreciated its did run just before i swapped ecu to STI version

Tags
ecu, my97, pinouts, sti, v3, wrx