Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > ECU Discussion > Verso Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2007, 08:39 PM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru
Default Experiences with Verso

This is a thread for Verso customers to relay their feedback, results and overall experience with the Verso tuning. Since Verso is a new and exciting product, there are more and more threads appearing on Perth-WRX regarding it, so hopefully this will bring it to one spot for discussion, customer feedback and a great place to find information for anyone wanting to Verso tune their car.

I personally run a 2005 WRX and have had 2 Verso dyno tunes.

My last tune consisted of the following engine modifications:
- 816cc Decapped Injectors
- STi TMIC
- 3 Port Boost Solenoid

The aim of this was to see how far I could push the little TD04. Call me crazy, but it makes me happy

I talked to the Verso staff (Pete and Ryan) and Sean from ASG as to what my goals were and the best way to go about them. Through every step of the way everyone was extremely constructive and professional (except when I kept getting told to buy a bigger turbo ).

The tuning process was excellent and netted me an extra 10-15% more torque than my previous tune. I was extremely happy as this was putting me towards my goal of 13.0 quarter mile on a TD04.

On the road test after the tune (to make sure everything was working well), it was noticed that the larger injectors were causing the car to nearly stall when coming to a stop. Pete re-assured me at the time that he would look into this but it may take up to a week to diagnose and correct the problem. How suprised I was when I had a phone call the next day saying the problem had been corrected (and found out that Pete had spent all night working on this for me). Whilst he had been looking over the map to correct the idleing issue, he also cleaned up the map and looked for any possible gains that may have been missed at the tuning time. This extra out of hours service is why I recommend Verso to any person looking for a tune.

I have currently run a 13.1 on this setup (blame the roof racks for slowing me down) yet still maintain a fuel economy of 480-500kms per tank, have a smooth as silk power delivery, perfect stock idle and more power than before.

Anyone else with Verso please post up your comments so the larger population of Perth-WRX can see your feelings on your experience.

Cheers,

John

Tags
experiences, verso