Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > ECU Discussion > Verso Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-01-2008, 09:40 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

MonsterMashie at standard level
Send a message via MSN to MonsterMashie
Default ECUTECK vs VERSO

Apart from $1500 vs $1000 my understanding after a LOT of research is that verso is just an older early version of ecuteck [U]that has a lot less options and parameters and not as acurate, the program has evolved and improved over time as most technology does.

Im looking at getting this done to my car and am leaning towards spending the extra $$$ to get it done right. EVERYONE on these forums seems to have done verso and have a ASG hat on.

Anyone have some non biased info, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

cheers.

P.S. (these forums are great for info, i appreciate all the info i have found in the threads, thanks to all.)
Old 17-01-2008, 09:41 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Brendan08 is unrated
Send a message via MSN to Brendan08

http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/showthre...ighlight=verso
Old 17-01-2008, 09:42 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

man this has been debated soooo many times... have u tried searching?

and also your completely wrong about verso being an "old" version of ECUTEK.

really it comes down to suitability. I can't see why verso would be unsuitable for your car, unless:

1: you have a my97-my00 wrx and is non-verso-able
2: you are going for more mods and want rot. idle and antilag, in which case, you would go motec or autronics, but then ur looking at 4k+
Old 17-01-2008, 09:43 PM
Sign me up!
Barge Master

pmh at standard level

ummm..where did you read that verso is an older version?
i think you got it other way round

there's been a few threads on the ecutek vs verso with varying degree of opinions

best way to educate yourself and have an unbiased view is to go have a chat to the tuners of ecutek (MMS) and ASG (verson) and ask the same questions and see what you get

btw, ecutek $1500 is a off the shelf tune for set mods, with no dyno (correct me if i'm wrong)

$1000 verso tune is a dyno tune (custom) for whatever mods you got
Old 17-01-2008, 09:52 PM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

good question none the less mate so no big deal. Try the search function for more threads on both ecutek and verso subject. If you still have questions then post a question or send me a pm cheers out dave

disclaimer: personally i think verso flash is a great value for money mod for our cars but I have no financial or otherwise interest in said flash
Old 17-01-2008, 10:09 PM
Dak Dak Boom!

BOMB3R is a guruBOMB3R is a guru

Grabs Popcorn and stays right outa this one Maybe just a little post...........

As PMH said have a chat to all tuners and choose the option for you. I would chat to Lane at Race Torque over MMS though. But thats just my experience/opinion.

Also make your own judgement, the guys at the workshops tend to spin it a little. You will know the spin when you speak to all, then decide.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
365hp and 515nm

New Beast to arrive April 2015 - 365hp, 450nm, 0-100 in 4.4sec. AMG Goodness!

Last edited by BOMB3R; 17-01-2008 at 10:13 PM.
Old 17-01-2008, 10:17 PM
Sir AntiLag

UNDRGND at standard level

Dave - I think Impresiv is right... it all depends on what mods you are doing....and what your chasing from your car.

I am a firm believer in buying quality gear for your car...ask people who know me and i aint strapped for cash either but if you want your car right you got to spend the money wisely otherwise (like me and many others) you spend a shit load trying to balance the right parts for the setup you want.!!

Im looking for a everyday driver with a little extra grunt. The verso is what most people need on this forum (if they can get it on their car that is)... keeping the ecu as stock as possible is a bonus. Dont forget Subaru have spent a shit load of time and development in their ecu's to get it right

You need to speak to the right people ie the tuners/wprkshops and also people who have done this stuff before.

If you want a crazy setup like data logging, lambda, angle mount turbo, extra injectors, race fuel combined with petrol setup etc i think the motec is second to none. Just remember motec needs to be tuned by a experience tuner and ask many motec owners that they have spent a a lot of time (which equals dollars) on tunes to get it right. With Motec you cant have a champange taste with a beer budget.

If you want a fast driveable car then go verso champ...especially if its a daily driver.

This is only my 2 cents so dont take anything to heart. Use these forums as guides but do what ever makes you happy... its your car and money

Cheers

Chris

I cant say much about ecutek cause i have never delt with it.
Old 17-01-2008, 10:25 PM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

So out of curiosity, how did you come to the assumption that Verso is an older version of ECUtek with less features?

I know the people behind Verso and it is completely different software with things that are not even available with ECUtek.

Without starting the usual debates, as everyone else has said search the forums and you will find all the information you need.
Old 17-01-2008, 10:26 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Chris at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterMashie
Apart from $1500 vs $1000 my understanding after a LOT of research is that verso is just an older early version of ecuteck [U]that has a lot less options and parameters and not as acurate, the program has evolved and improved over time as most technology does.

Im looking at getting this done to my car and am leaning towards spending the extra $$$ to get it done right. EVERYONE on these forums seems to have done verso and have a ASG hat on.

Anyone have some non biased info, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

cheers.

P.S. (these forums are great for info, i appreciate all the info i have found in the threads, thanks to all.)
Haha where some of this mis-information comes from, I can only wonder.

At the end of the day its just a person messing around with the numbers in your ecu to get the maps right for the mods you have done. It just comes down to who you would like to do it.
Old 17-01-2008, 10:30 PM
Sign me up!
Barge Master

pmh at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
At the end of the day its just a person messing around with the numbers in your ecu to get the maps right for the mods you have done. It just comes down to who you would like to do it.
i disagree. no tuner should be selling an off the shelf tune and assume its ok for your car based on the same level of mods, without a dyno. there are jsut too many variables that can be different for difference cars, even with the same level of mods. that's just a cop out and a lazy approach to tuning.

and, with the ecutek, its not that easy to get your ecu "un-ecutek"

understand what the tune is about, ask questions
there are no shortcuts, you'll end up paying for it later

Last edited by pmh; 17-01-2008 at 10:32 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
ecuteck, verso