Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > ECU Discussion > Verso Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-06-2007, 10:39 AM
Subaru Tech Division

sleepy at standard level
Send a message via MSN to sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nauli
No, Sean and Nick did not write the software...they tune the cars (and are very good tuners).
Peter wrote the software and to my knowledge he is not an employee of Sean & Nick's.
From what I hear Pete has a lot of input into the tunes done on cars. Infact he attends most of the tunes. Can't say much for ECUTek. Having to send ECU's back to the UK.

Not intentionally bagging ECUTek. I am purely just saying that if I had a choice of products Verso would win, because the support is there, not in another country.

Last edited by chee; 21-06-2007 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Removed surname
Old 21-06-2007, 10:50 AM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy
From what I hear Pete has a lot of input into the tunes done on cars. Infact he attends most of the tunes. Can't say much for ECUTek. Having to send ECU's back to the UK.

Not intentionally bagging ECUTek. I am purely just saying that if I had a choice of products Verso would win, because the support is there, not in another country.
Pete is the brains behind verso correct! He will be pulling my maps very soon with the view towards allowing Sean to tune my new car using verso. I was meant to go there last night but got sidetracked with work and couldn't get there.
Old 21-06-2007, 11:07 AM
Flat Four Father

BLUES at standard level

If Pete decides to go on an extended holiday, or take a lucative job interstate/overseas, gets sick, etc - can anyone else tune a Versofied car?

I understand (and am happy to be corrected if I am wrong) that the ASG boys can't Verso tune without Pete? Is this correct?

Just something to think about regarding 'product support'.

Edit - remember, the answer is always MoTeC
Barbagallo - 56.03 (S); 1:08.09 (L)
Collie - 50.77
Possibly the most under-driven Evo X in the world??

Last edited by BLUES; 21-06-2007 at 11:11 AM.
Old 21-06-2007, 11:17 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

nauli knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy

OK, you're not bagging ECUTek per se, but your information about its support is just not true. In fact there are a lot more sources of ECUTek info to be had around Aust (than Verso, for example which is only in one? workshop)...and I've never heard of an ECU going to UK.
And I am in no way saying this to detract from Verso....it's just if one is going to make statements on a public forum, then they should be accurate. The fact is that there is huge support for ECUTek around Australia, ECUTek tuners share info and there are regular ECUTek symposia in Sydney for tuners.
Of course the choice you make is your own and we are very fortunate here in Perth to have choices.
Old 21-06-2007, 11:19 AM
Powered by BP98

phizzle at standard level

$990 VERSO > $2000+ ECUtek 3. They do the same thing. IF Lane at RT or Steve(?) at MMS were better tuners than Sean at ASG people would still be buying VERSO but instead of ASG doing what seems to be 90% (on this forum at least) of the tuning, it would be getting done wherever the 'magic' tuner works.

Bottom line: Pick your tuner, then pick your ecu managemnt/software based on your budget and project goals.
Old 21-06-2007, 11:25 AM
Dak Dak Boom!

BOMB3R is a guruBOMB3R is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nauli
OK, you're not bagging ECUTek per se, but your information about its support is just not true. In fact there are a lot more sources of ECUTek info to be had around Aust (than Verso, for example which is only in one? workshop)...and I've never heard of an ECU going to UK.
And I am in no way saying this to detract from Verso....it's just if one is going to make statements on a public forum, then they should be accurate. The fact is that there is huge support for ECUTek around Australia, ECUTek tuners share info and there are regular ECUTek symposia in Sydney for tuners.
Of course the choice you make is your own and we are very fortunate here in Perth to have choices.
My Ecu is in the UK atm........

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
365hp and 515nm

New Beast to arrive April 2015 - 365hp, 450nm, 0-100 in 4.4sec. AMG Goodness!
Old 21-06-2007, 11:26 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Wow. Everyone is up in arms with a Verso debate again.

Easy answers for everyone. If you have a ECUtek tune of any variety and are happy with it, then by all means contact an ECUtek tuner and have the tune upgraded.

If you've not happy with the ECUtek, by all means look at other options (Verso, Motec, Autronic, Link, NASA Missile Control etc).

If you are interested in Verso, contact Allstar Garage on 9248 7433 and have a chat to them.

Now, I might recommend that people like Blues and Nauli have a chat to them too before the go on professing 'what happens if' etc. I mean, what happens if ECUtek in the UK decides to shut its doors? What happens to all the Australian tuners. For what it is worth, Pete is there at every Verso tune to make sure it is to his satisfaction. Should he go on holiday, work will continue as usual.

And Steve, read Jaron's post before. His ECU has been sent over east for diagnosis and now has been sent back to the UK for diagnosis. All this time he is without his car or an explanation as to what is going on. Personally this does not give great confidence in all this "we have more workshops and share knowledge, so we must be better".
Old 21-06-2007, 11:29 AM