Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Personal Classifieds > Wanted
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2008, 11:54 AM
Flat Four Father

Pimpreza at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIGSTi
I don't understand how you could possibly get your shoe caught? At no point should your foot be between the pedals or under them while hell toeing. He is doing something really wrong LOL.
I can assure you I know how to drive.......Toes hard on brake then bringing the heel (side of foot) up & across to blip accelerator while down changing a couple of gears whilst braking hard it was catching on the corner of my heel.
But maybe you know better, I've only been driving for longer than you've been alive.
Obviously with race shoes on this wouldn't happen but as a rule I don't wear them.
Yamaha Zooma 50cc rocket hopefully going with the Transit.

Last edited by Pimpreza; 04-09-2008 at 12:02 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:55 AM
Sir AntiLag

nicecar at standard level

Theres a write up on scoobymods, the clutch and brake pedal is easy you just pop them out and put on sti pedals. The footrest pedal bolts are a pain in the arse to get off but its fairly straight forward....its the accelerator pedal thats a pain.

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/sho...=pedal+install

Easiest way is to remove the whole assembly, push throttle cable to the right, remove the two bolts holding it in. Once thats done the scoobymods diy says to knock the pin out, but no matter how much i hammered the pin didnt budge so i removed the metal bit off the stock sti pedal with some pliers and left the stock original stock plastic part on (cut away some of the bumps with a stanley knife) - then screwed the sti pedal on top.

Looks great, only problem is while screwing on one of the original bolts I managed to shear off half way - which is when the punching started

This is for an 05 sti which already has the metal pedals, i think its easier if you have a older/wrx with rubber pedals.

Last edited by nicecar; 04-09-2008 at 11:58 AM.
Old 15-09-2011, 09:04 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Top-Deck at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicecar View Post
Theres a write up on scoobymods, the clutch and brake pedal is easy you just pop them out and put on sti pedals. The footrest pedal bolts are a pain in the arse to get off but its fairly straight forward....its the accelerator pedal thats a pain.

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/sho...=pedal+install

Easiest way is to remove the whole assembly, push throttle cable to the right, remove the two bolts holding it in. Once thats done the scoobymods diy says to knock the pin out, but no matter how much i hammered the pin didnt budge so i removed the metal bit off the stock sti pedal with some pliers and left the stock original stock plastic part on (cut away some of the bumps with a stanley knife) - then screwed the sti pedal on top.

Looks great, only problem is while screwing on one of the original bolts I managed to shear off half way - which is when the punching started
Awesome link mate, saved a lot of time/car punching!
Old 15-09-2011, 09:35 AM
STI Master

MISSWRXYSTi knows their stuff

OMG OMG - So at risk of Hijacking this link ! I have been looking for scuff plates for my car for months and they are on the Japanparts link !? WHERE have I beeeeeen !!!?

//estreladesign.com.au
https://www.facebook.com/EstrelaDesign
Old 15-09-2011, 01:13 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by misswrxy View Post
OMG OMG - So at risk of Hijacking this link ! I have been looking for scuff plates for my car for months and they are on the Japanparts link !? WHERE have I beeeeeen !!!?
haha don't feel so bad, I had no idea they existed either until I started looking for my STi pedals...if only I had found that website sooner! lol
Not sure about their other stuff but the pedals are top quality and fit like a glove! They also track your purchase and send it out pretty quick as well...
Old 15-09-2011, 01:23 PM
Flat Four Father

Jezza at standard level

How do these pedals go for grip? Doesn't look like much on them...

The rubber cover on my clutch pedal is buggered; been keeping an eye out for a while now. I know that the rubber pedals are required for a safety reason, and many aftermarket pedals can be canaried.

Edit - I'm guessing the little circles are rubber etc to satisfy legalities, but do they work?
Old 15-09-2011, 01:27 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Master D knows their stuff

If they are like the ones that appear on stock STis, they are fine. Ive had no problems.

Maybe just a bit hard on your feet if you drive barefoot.
Old 15-09-2011, 01:29 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

So far I have only had them on for a few days but haven't had any issues whatsoever with grip, even this morning when it was wet.
As for the aftermarket -> to the best of my knowledge these pedals actually came stock on the STi so there should be no issues there either.

Edit: just re-read your comment Jezza and realised I had the same problem with the clutch lining come off...hence how I stumbled across the STi ones lol
Old 15-09-2011, 01:30 PM
Subaru Tech Division

REXXXED knows their stuff

I just ordered myself a set, thanks for bumping this sucker up Lisa
Old 15-09-2011, 01:58 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

mattmy99 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by REXXXED View Post
I just ordered myself a set, thanks for bumping this sucker up Tom
Fixed.