Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Personal Classifieds > Wanted
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2009, 01:32 AM
Sign me up!
Handbrake!!

dtrally is a gurudtrally is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by urabus View Post
. I swear the thrid sentence out of his mouth was I hate this jap crap.
What an outdated bogan thing to say. I would have had to ask what he drove? (bets on it's an old F100, greatest car EVER made!)

Quote:
. When he was too fat to fit in to take it for a drive said ofsider took it for a lap and he give it a good rev.
Try taking a car with a dogbox there! They struggle with the whole driving concept. "there's somethig wrong with your gearbox" (well there probably is now)
Old 03-12-2009, 09:09 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrally View Post
Try taking a car with a dogbox there! They struggle with the whole driving concept. "there's somethig wrong with your gearbox" (well there probably is now)
haha i think if you let 95% of the world drive your car with a dog box they would struggle! I know i would.

http://kap.industries/
Old 03-12-2009, 10:33 AM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

I'd get it caught in 3rd
Old 04-12-2009, 10:02 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

Papa Het at standard level

Quote:
All you really want is some consistency.
This is what makes me angry about the entire system. There are guidelines to work to but they seem to get completely ignored.

A little story...

A few years back I bought a pre 1989 car in from Japan. A supercharged MK1 MR2.

Had the few bits it needed for compliance which wasnt much and took it to the pits for inspection and rego.

Inspector: "Sounds a bit noisy, better test it"

I kinda expected this because it was a touch loud. They start the test and it passed.

Inspector: "Nah its to loud lets test it again"

So he does the test again...pass

and again...fail

and again...pass

Inspector: "Nah I cant let it go its to loud"

I was somewhat annoyed at being failed even after having 3 tests that passed!

Next thing the inspector goes "Looks to low"

So he measures the ride height and it PASSES...."Nah looks to low to me....OI TIMMO GIVE US A HAND WITH THIS!!!"

Out waddles 7 foot tall X 9 foot wide 29 metric tons of Timmo who plonks himself in the drivers seat. Despite the TRD adjustable suspension (VERY stiff) and fat anti-roll bars the car is now sat down on one side. Guess which side the inspector chose to re-do the test from!!

Inspector: "Nah its to low, these struts (anti-roll bars) are to low"

The entire time there was zero consistency to how the job was being done and I felt it totally unfair that a car would be poorly loaded to do a ride height check. If they want to load it they should use calibrated weights placed in the seats and in the storage areas.

In the end I had to weld a baffle in to the exhaust and remove the anti-roll bars and massively over inflate the tyres to get it through the pits.

The entire experience left a very sour taste.

Anyway sorry for the thread hijack...as you were.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Sign me up!
Handbrake!!

dtrally is a gurudtrally is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Het View Post
The entire experience left a very sour taste.

Anyway sorry for the thread hijack...as you were.
I reckon Brendon's probably got the bits he needs by now anyway, so I'll spam his thread with more moaning about the pits!

Licensing anything other than a stock standard non performace car is going to be a demoralising experience.

I've built a number of car trailers over the years and one particular one gave me all kinds of grief. It was a beaut trailer, no ugly welds, no sharp corners, clever design so it wasn't heavy and ugly etc. I had tubes and pins specially machined on a lathe for heavy duty ramp hinges so they didn't rattle, spherical bearings on the ramp stays again so they didn't rattle etc.

The ramps pivoted upwards on a slight rearward angle when stowed, well under the allowed overhang but not vertically. The examiner measured from the axle centre line to the tip of the ramp and compared it to the axle centre line to the front of the 'load area' and reckons the axles were too far forward.

I pointed out that the axles were 150mm rearward of the centre of the 'load area' but he insisted that the ramps were load area too. WTF!
Old 04-12-2009, 01:44 PM
www.dilettante.net

EXPLICIT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to EXPLICIT

And the qualifications required for these einsteins would be? Government sector lads - Its the Ausfalian Way!!!!
Old 04-12-2009, 02:14 PM
Sign me up!
The Converter

GX-REX at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrally View Post
I reckon Brendon's probably got the bits he needs by now anyway, so I'll spam his thread with more moaning about the pits!

Licensing anything other than a stock standard non performace car is going to be a demoralising experience.

I've built a number of car trailers over the years and one particular one gave me all kinds of grief. It was a beaut trailer, no ugly welds, no sharp corners, clever design so it wasn't heavy and ugly etc. I had tubes and pins specially machined on a lathe for heavy duty ramp hinges so they didn't rattle, spherical bearings on the ramp stays again so they didn't rattle etc.

The ramps pivoted upwards on a slight rearward angle when stowed, well under the allowed overhang but not vertically. The examiner measured from the axle centre line to the tip of the ramp and compared it to the axle centre line to the front of the 'load area' and reckons the axles were too far forward.

I pointed out that the axles were 150mm rearward of the centre of the 'load area' but he insisted that the ramps were load area too. WTF!
Sounds like the truck that my sister had. Dad was driving it up to her place and gets pulled up by the heavys. They measured the length of the tray and said it was about 100mm too long. Copped a yellow sticker and dad gets a fine. We looked into it and the ruling was brought in for all trucks post 2001 or so. The truck was an old 83 canter so was exempt. We ended up shortening the tray to make them happy.