Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Personal Classifieds > Wanted
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-10-2011, 10:56 AM
STI Master

Terry.Wrist at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSGT View Post
Yeah good luck. Changing suspention in and out for track and offroad duties. You may do it once and never again.

Cant have all 3 things.
Hahaha Russell hates suspension!! How could I forget

Yeah a foz or outback is a compromise but it will do all three to the level Sarah is planning.
Have you actually looked into the license side? I'd be taking what John has said into consideration first and foremost.
Old 25-10-2011, 11:04 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

Sarah, am I right you can't get a normal drivers licence due to your vision impairments? I seriously doubt that CAMS will grant you a track licence if that is the case. I'd look into this first, before you look at a car option. And it will be very difficult to find something that can be all 3 cars. Something that can be good at 2 of them, and just pull off the 3rd is possible though... good luck
Old 25-10-2011, 11:22 AM

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry.Wrist View Post
Hahaha Russell hates suspension!! How could I forget
Must have changed suspention in the foz about 6 or 7 times! I hated every one. Could do it in under 2 hours by myself in the end though.
Old 25-10-2011, 11:37 AM

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Surely a H6 outback would be a better choice when it came to towing.

I cant see a non turbo forri being any fun on track.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 25-10-2011, 12:10 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

huey at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay View Post
Surely a H6 outback would be a better choice when it came to towing.

I cant see a non turbo forri being any fun on track.
Ive used my current GT Foz and my old mans H6 outback for towing boats up to 1300kg and a little bit of offroad and the outback wins hands down in both, a good middle ground would be an XT but i dont like your chances of getting one for 10k
Old 25-10-2011, 01:39 PM

Master D knows their stuff

If that is what your looking for i think the outback is a good compromise.

I personally dont really understand the logic behind it but awesome. If you can get out there and have a go awesome.
Old 25-10-2011, 01:48 PM

Strubaru knows their stuff

only problem i see with an outback is if you do chose to mod the car for track work its gonna cost a heap more getting liberty/outback specific stuff whereas the foz's can use wrx gear which is cheap & abundant
Old 25-10-2011, 02:05 PM
STI Master

gorotsuki69 at standard level

for offroading a Foz has better approach angle and clearance than an Outback I think
Old 25-10-2011, 05:23 PM
Subaru Tech Division

wawa at standard level

Guys as both Mark and I have said am not looking for a dedicated track car for the reasons already stated should I be able to get a CAMs licence of any class I will not be planning on hitting the track hard, more at the pace of a snail so good suspension, high torque/kw is not needed. Am more concerned with everyday driveability, towing ability, and offroad capability. I had the option to buy my dad's NA outback but given that it had low clearance was really only suited to beaches that have no sanddunes in sight.

PS Russ the $5 photo tags are getting really old mate nice to know you don't have memory problems but seriously you had a grudge we took it to PM to sort it you said we were all cool and apologised yet time and time again you post this shit. Its really not funny and I'm longer amused by it. Asking you politely to please stop, if you have issues with me that's fine but no reason to continue bagging me out at every opportunity.
Old 25-10-2011, 06:05 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

Jeckle at standard level

Sarah, I know this is not what your after, but I did see a V8 100 series Landcruiser "compete" in a Dutton Rally a few years back, maybe 5.

I have seen a few nice Foz's about, and if your not really going into rough stuff, outback (Canning Stock Route) you could make it happen, especially if your with a 4WD that has a good low range gearbox, and travelling with friends is a good way to 4WD.

Suspension lifts can help a 4WD, (and do) but the tyres are more important in my book. So smaller rims with 60+ profile tyres for off road. This will increase the length of the tyres footprint and get you out of many places when you drop tyre pressures. See these guys http://www.subaru4wdclubwa.asn.au for what a Foz can do, eg the powerline track (photos there on photo page). You won't be able to do what my 105 Landcruiser can do, but you'll have fun anyway.

If you can, go with a turbo charged Foz, throw some coil overs on, This will make it easy to change your ride heigh, see the page Mao has on this forum with a Honda Civic Wagon on an Anti-lag night at Barbs, Windem up to get a couple of extra inches in ride height, soften the shocks, swap over the rims/tyres, while your doing the suspension, and off you go to the bush/beach, change to a set of semi slicks on another set of rims, lower the ride height, harden the shocks and your ready for Collie or Barbs. (Nice 4WDing down here as well)

Here is an eg, but its not in WA 1999 SUBARU FORESTER GT AWD 79V MY99 Cars For Sale in NSW - carsales.com.au - carsales.com.au

This may not be perfect, but possibly the best compromise this side of a Porsche Cayenne, VW Touareg, or a BMW X5.

If you can convince Mark to let you drive his car, then look at a Pathfinder.

Tim

Straight roads are for fast cars, twisty roads are for fast drivers. I have or am neither.

http://tttmsp.smugmug.com/