Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions > Your Driveway
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree504Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 12:53 PM
Subaru Tech Division

nick73 is a gurunick73 is a guru

So much grunt on such a small track! Nice work. How do you rate the Hankooks after a few events now?
Old 03-11-2013, 02:00 PM
Flat Four Father

XT43 is a guruXT43 is a guruXT43 is a guru

Nice one fag.

Are you still in town for Rallysprint on Thursday night?
Old 03-11-2013, 02:00 PM
Sign me up!
Scoobie Doobie

RoughStilin at standard level

They are really good for he money mate. I'm sure driver taste would dictate a difference in the top few R comps, but at nearly $110 cheaper per tyre over the leading brand, I'm happy to spend the extra $440 saved on beer
nick73 likes this.

Simon.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:02 PM
Sign me up!
Scoobie Doobie

I'm not Burke, the only Rally Sprint I see is the one in January.

Send me your design also for the trophy cabinet

Simon.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:07 PM
Flat Four Father

XT43 is a guruXT43 is a guruXT43 is a guru

Haha, I can whip two up if you're keen. There's a pallet up at a house that's being built down the road from mine so I have plenty of wood.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:13 PM
Scoobie Noobie

LAGMONSTA at standard level

Tom told me about this gf8 and the storys behind it very nice bud
Old 19-11-2013, 09:27 AM
Sign me up!
Scoobie Doobie

Yesterday was a tuning afternoon with all fours & rotaries at Barbagello. There was no timing gear, but I did have my Performance Box & it told me I did a 63 sec lap, which I am really happy with. I did have a bit of a missfire issue on the last lap, which cut my afternoon a little short, but I'm pretty sure its a cam sensor / wiring issue.

I'm getting used to the car more & more each time I go out at Barbs & making slight improvements in parts of the track. I need to work on the esses part as this area scares me to be honest, as the car can become so unsettled. The rev limiter also seems to appear too soon & I think I need a bigger, brighter shift light, as the car just keeps pulling & it doesn't feel like I should be changing gear.

Still a lot more work to do & a long way to go, if I want to get into the 60 sec region though. I still think I have a very good chance of completing my goal.

I need to tune it again & put more boost into it, finish off my aero design & get started on putting it on the car. I am also toying with the idea of some upgraded suspension, but that won't be for a few months yet.

Video of yesterday afternoon

Simon.
Old 11-02-2014, 07:56 PM
Sign me up!
Scoobie Doobie

Rebuild #27

Well, its been 2 & 1/2 months since the car has been on the track. Whats the reason? The small electrical issue I thought I had after the 4's & Rotary tuning day at Barbs, turned out to be a spun bearing, bent crank & the pistons just clipping the valve on 2 of the pistons, due to the bent crank.

We came to the conclusion that this has happened, due to Tommy Tram being a Gay Lord. On a more serious note, coming out of kolbe (the basin) oil pressure seemed to drop of momentarily & then pick back up again. This indicates to me that I suffered oil surge & that's what has more than likely starved the bearing of oil. The funny thing is, I noticed the hesitation & what I thought was an electrical issues, even after I came in I didn't think I had done a bearing, although the engine did not sound right.

So, I destroyed a rod, did enough damage to require a line bore (where the bearings sit that separate the crank from the block) the casing halves needing machining down & the crank straightened.

After all of this I thought to myself, why do you keep doing this, you should just part the car out and sell it all off. Then I thought to myself fuck that, what would Burke say if you did that.

So.....

I decided to upgrade further & step things up another notch, so to speak. I have sleeved the block with Darton sleeves, completed all the machining work to fix what I broke, got a new set of rods & pistons to suit a 2.35 ltr capacity.

I need to get the crank cryogenically treated, but its straight & ready to be reused. You can see how hot it got.

I also decided that whilst there are band aids of Subaru's pushing oil out into catch cans on the track & potential oil surge issues, fuck it, I shall go dry sump & fix all of those problems associated to oiling in one go.

Troy from ProSpeed Racing was a top bloke as usual & I also managed to get my hands on a Process West intake manifold for a great price - Cheers Troy

So, more to come. I am also converting to a water to air intercooler, which has the intercooler unit on the dash side (in cabin) of the fire wall & a radiator in the boot to cool the water. I intend to put on my larger 1.06 rear housing on the turbo to give it some more up top & also get the boost up to 30 - 32lb. Aero is happening, as is lightening the car more by adding Lexan windows & a few other tricks to try & keep the weight down.

Simon.
Old 11-02-2014, 08:10 PM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

spun bearing disappoint seems to have put aside by dreams of water to air cooling and darton sleeves....I like where this is going. You are a crazy mofo but I love watching it. Bring this thing to Racewars and set land speed record ?
Old 11-02-2014, 08:57 PM
Sign me up!
bug love

munya at standard level
Send a message via MSN to munya Send a message via Skype™ to munya

I like the dry sump bit, don't like the spun bearing side of things but hope this will solve your issues.

Tags
#bigbluewheelstime, can i have a sugar daddy?, daz, gf8, hack, kapow = kamao, pink mesh track hack, racecar, roughstilin, this wagon just got shit done, track, track hack