Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions > Your Driveway
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-02-2012, 08:43 AM
STI Master

huggy_b knows their stuff
Default MY12 company bus

Well I have been on here for a while now, stirred a bit of shit and met a few people so I figure I should do a proper intro!

Around Oct 2010, my old company car (Hilux) was creeping up to 100,000km so I started deciding what I was gonna replace it with. For tax reasons another ute would have been better, but with my changing work role in the company I wanted a normal sedan - if I need a ute we have 3 others at work. So now it came down to bargaining with the boss (old man) about what I could get. I was given the parameters of "why not get a Calais like mine, or something equivilent?" - with equivilent being the clincher for me to propose a WRX. The old man looked smug and thought I wouldn't be in the price range, but I presented all the figures and he reluctantly agreed - BINGO! Went out and put a MY12 on order, January delivery.

During the wait, I started to accumulate some bits and pieces to add to the car when it arrived. I have been cunningly putting some purchases through the company, others I am footing myself. The old man doesn't want me to "modify" the car, so stealth is the order of the day......

So far the changes include:

Boring legal 35% tint
De-badged
Hella Supertones
AEM CAI
Ultrex C/F front lip
Cobb Racing short shifter
Kartboy front and rear shifter bushings
Alcantara gear boot replacement
Rally Armour mudflaps (black)
6.5 inch RF splits front
6.5 inch RF 2-ways rear
10" DVC RF sub
Alpine MRX-V60 amp
17" G-Max rims (white) and red Rays lugs nuts

Couple of pics from the WRX Club of WA supercruise:

The white rims were a long term view, they are lighter than stock so they will be replaced soon (this week infact) at which point they will be shod with some street legal(ish) race rubber for extra curricular activities.

End of the week I'll be sporting gunmetal Rota's: either 18 x 9.5 DPT or 18 x 9 G Force with yokohama s-drives (245/40) and STD coilovers - should improve the stance somewhat.

Also I have a few goodies sitting in the spare bedroom including Grimmspeed 3 port EBCS, PW TMIC, Ultrex 3" TBE and an ultrex H-Brace. I only have 2700km on the car right now, so I wanted to get through that 5000 - 6000km barrier and give it an oil change before getting the tune, so for now it lays in wait (although I am going to see if the cat-back section of the exhaust will fit up this weekend). Toying with the idea of adding a Deatschwerks drop in fuel pump and some slightly bigger injectors to give myself a little headroom on the tune, but undecided if I want to go that far yet.......

Tags
bus, company, my12