Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions > Your Driveway
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree1348Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 08:45 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Strubaru knows their stuff

wow, were you warned that running the power fc without a retune to suit engine/mods could result in dok dok?

doesn't sound like something sean would do
MY00GC8 likes this.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:30 AM
Subaru Tech Division

type25 at standard level

it's sad that you've had such bad luck with this conversion.

but, at least it didn't die at racewars.

it would have been alot more expensive to have it towed back home from there!
phizzle likes this.
phizzle (05-04-2013)
Old 05-04-2013, 09:44 AM
Powered by BP98

phizzle at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by type25 View Post
it's sad that you've had such bad luck with this conversion.

but, at least it didn't die at racewars.

it would have been alot more expensive to have it towed back home from there!
Same, sorry to see your experience isn't going very well cat.

Still as above, at least it didn't add insult to injury!
Old 05-04-2013, 11:24 AM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

Fuck I'm confused. Surely Fat's and his boys would know that if a Power FC was going to be used, it would have required a tune and organized it or at least advised Cat to take it to ASG for a tune straight away.

I smell a "she'll be right" and I can't see it coming from who did the work or ASG.
MY00GC8 and Slap Dash like this.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:16 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Tony knows their stuff

this whole conversion makes me sad. I think you need to sit back, research the shit out of everything and anything you intend to do to the car from now on. This way you will be able to have a say about whats going on with the build and know if they are doing something that could compromise all your hard work and money. With abit of research you would have known you wouldnt be able to just chuck the FC on without getting it tuned, no matter how closely specced the same cars are.

Hope all works out well and you get it back on the road soon.
Old 05-04-2013, 02:57 PM
STI Master

Cat at standard level

Ok guys, I know something is fishy, I'm not an idiot and There are certain things about the conversion I will not say on a public forum and I will make sure I get my facts straight and Talk to everyone involved before anything gets started which by the way will not be plastered all over the internet

I'm not going to be naming names or pitting workshops against eachother because that is just disrespectful.Anyway information I have been told is incorrect and it has ended with my car being the way it is after one day of driving it so I will be looking for some answers..... END OF STORY

On another note since last year I have asked in this thread for a moderator to close it multiple times and I have also sent Pm's to two mods asking the same thing yet I have been ignored, I now ask one last time would a moderator please be kind enough to lock this thread before someone says something that shouldn't be said and I end up with a possible lawsuit on my hands.

When the car is fixed and everything has been sorted I will start a new thread.

Thankyou
Old 05-04-2013, 03:04 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

mattmy99 knows their stuff

Thread is a great example of what not to do. I say keep it open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru4eva93 View Post
...before someone says something that shouldn't be said and I end up with a possible lawsuit on my hands.
How is anyone saying anything going to end in a lawsuit that affects you?
People can piece together half a story and come up with a half-arsed baseless possible scenario all they like. It's not going to get you in trouble.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:08 PM
STI Master

Cat at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmy99 View Post
Thread is a great example of what not to do. I say keep it open.

How is anyone saying anything going to end in a lawsuit that affects you?
People can piece together half a story and come up with a half-arsed baseless possible scenario all they like. It's not going to get you in trouble.
Because I started the topic and could be held accountable if a workshops reputation is damaged, so I don't want to take any chance of it happening.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:13 PM
Sign me up!
Baller on a budget

V3 RA at standard level
Send a message via MSN to V3 RA

A lawsuit?

Relax, we're all just trying to get to the bottom of what has happened here. Keep in mind that your experience will affect other people and their decisions, if you have been fed misinformation I personally would like to know where it came from and so should you.

Hiensight is a wonderful thing and bet a lot of people would do things differently when building a car, me included. I think everyone has so far been pretty constructive with their input. I for one am disappointed to see someone who is clearly very passionate about their car, suffer an engine failure so soon after the conversion. I doubt that the half cut was dodgy and now the ecu swap has surfaced...there is no doubt in my mind that putting that power FC in and not having it run up on the dyno has been the demise of your engine.

Whether it was your decision to not have it dynoed or you got told it wasn't necessary is for you to disclose. But if it was a workshop telling you that the power FC is ok to go on, I'd like to know what shop it was. Because its likely that information has left you 8 grand in the hole, with a broken rx.

Good to see that you've accepted it is done now and you're looking toward the future, but it's a heartbreaking way to learn a lesson. Good luck with it, do it once, do it right!

JDM version 3 STi RA
The Following User Says Thank You to V3 RA For This Useful Post:
Cat (05-04-2013)
Old 05-04-2013, 03:26 PM
STI Master

Cat at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3 RA View Post
A lawsuit?

Relax, we're all just trying to get to the bottom of what has happened here. Keep in mind that your experience will affect other people and their decisions, if you have been fed misinformation I personally would like to know where it came from and so should you.

Hiensight is a wonderful thing and bet a lot of people would do things differently when building a car, me included. I think everyone has so far been pretty constructive with their input. I for one am disappointed to see someone who is clearly very passionate about their car, suffer an engine failure so soon after the conversion. I doubt that the half cut was dodgy and now the ecu swap has surfaced...there is no doubt in my mind that putting that power FC in and not having it run up on the dyno has been the demise of your engine.

Whether it was your decision to not have it dynoed or you got told it wasn't necessary is for you to disclose. But if it was a workshop telling you that the power FC is ok to go on, I'd like to know what shop it was. Because its likely that information has left you 8 grand in the hole, with a broken rx.

Good to see that you've accepted it is done now and you're looking toward the future, but it's a heartbreaking way to learn a lesson. Good luck with it, do it once, do it right!
I'd like to get to the bottom of it aswell, and I was just worried that what I say/started could get me into some trouble. As I said I have to talk to the people involved before I start making asumptions but from what some of you guys have said it is pretty obvious what caused the problem. Also if I had to do it again I would have done it very differently.

Tags
balls, because racecar, boost, cat, chop chop ad, dak, dok, dok dok boom!, dokless, heard a slight tapping...... meh she'll be right, let it die, limiter launchs rule!!, lot, needs more cable ties, rattle can presentable, rip funny tags, snap dakle pop, sorta running well, stock