Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions > Your Driveway
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree80Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-09-2013, 09:21 AM
STI Master

Patch at standard level

Bumper vents are done, to be honest I'll probably spray the frames black when I come to redo the paint on this bumper but it'll do for now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jEstEr? View Post
Love it. The centre console / Prova bar aren't my cup of tea but it's not my car. Also lol at people thinking $25k is a lot... heh.

I've got a set of headers & turbo here that you can have for the right price too if you get bored.
Thanks! I guess the cost all depends where you're at, enough for me coming out of school into uni but no where near most builds out there! I've got a plan to make the Prova lip tie in more than that silver one there, but I'll see how it pans out.

If they were unequal length I'd be all over them, don't think I need any serious power gains from another turbo set-up until I learn how to drive the thing properly though
Old 30-09-2013, 09:30 AM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

Yeah I did my first build on ~$40k a year, I know what its like. I stopped updating my excel spreadsheet years ago
Old 23-11-2013, 05:10 PM
STI Master

Patch at standard level

Got a couple more goodies to go on;

Kando Dynamic UEL headers. Well worth the money, these are very nice quality! Probably will get them ceramic coated but won't worry about wrapping.

Also have a Gimmspeed AOS to go on, thanks to Riggs. Probably won't make a world of difference to the oil seeping out my intake joins but I guess it's worth a shot.

And a thank you to Spikey for making my daily a little better with some struts and springs!
Tiigga likes this.

Last edited by Patch; 17-05-2014 at 04:53 PM.
Old 18-01-2014, 01:29 PM
STI Master

Patch at standard level

Little update for anyone interested;

Went and saw Neil at Maximum Motorsport just to get an idea of what I can have done as far as tuning is concerned... and walked out booked in for an ECUtek tune the following week.

We found a Version 5 STI computer had been running my Version 6 STI mechanicals since I had it swapped last year - had been causing some mid-range power loss and probably a host of other issues so it was good to get that sorted. Wound up with 177 kw and 318 nm, which I'm more than happy with!
Attached Thumbnails
DIY STI Tune Graph.jpg  
lachy294 likes this.
Old 21-04-2014, 08:24 PM
STI Master

Patch at standard level

Couple little updates:

GD WRX alternator cover

Whiteline 24mm rear swaybar + HD Links

2 pot rears to go on

Ganador Mirrors

Took it to the Motorplex last week after watching everyone having fun at Racewars. First time out doing any racing, ran pretty consistent 14's, dipped into the 13.8's, then a 13.3 and then this on the final run

WhiteRX, AWDmoke, TROLLEY and 3 others like this.
Old 22-04-2014, 04:19 AM
Subaru Tech Division

red dragon2002 at standard level

nice

where did you get the ganador mirrors from?
Old 22-04-2014, 06:34 AM
STI Master

Patch at standard level

A member on here wanted standard ones so I did him a trade
Old 17-05-2014, 04:44 PM
STI Master

Patch at standard level

Was going to leave this until the End of Summer cruise but eh, what of it...

Genuine STI Foglight covers thanks to Tom (WhiteRX). Better condition than the ones I had and, well, STI pink bits!

And I wanted a front lip but didn't particularly want to pay $200+ when I'm eyeing off suspension and brake bits, so I got the saw and plastic welder out and a bumper I found and compromised. Came out surprisingly well and is as strong as a factory plastic bumper, no garage door seal here!

Pimpreza, magic1 and Kiiz like this.
Old 31-07-2014, 12:51 PM
STI Master

Patch at standard level

Got my HT Autos 22B style rear lip with built in diffuser. Bit of work getting it to fit but happy with the result

Cat likes this.
Old 07-09-2015, 09:32 PM
STI Master

Patch at standard level

Bit of an update...

Was on the way to the last WAW of the 2013/2014 season and noticed some steam rolling out the grill when I stopped at a set of lights. Temp gauges were still reading normal. Had recently installed a radiator hose water temp sensor adapter and a pinhole leak had developed in the top hose. Towed it home, replaced hose, did some preliminary checks, babied it around for a while and all seemed to be okay. Did 2 evenings at the motorplex the next season, and all was well until a mate of mine pointed out a small amount of coolant in my still fitted radiator overflow-overflow bottle. Not good. Other symptoms of a stuffed head gasket began to surface and the car mostly stayed off the road since.

Started piecing together a bit of a party pack for its rebuild, have plans for a new motor setup but with uni fees and travel ideas I've decided to fix the 2L for now. Will be getting the heads serviced, new metal head gaskets, new head studs (just OEM spec), and a rear main seal as it looks like the current one is a bit leaky. At the same time I've pulled out the STI 5 speed and R160 and have sourced a 6 speed, R180 casing, 2010 STI helical front and plated rear centres , 2003 STi rear subframe, GD WRX 2 pot rear brakes, DBA 656S rear conversion rotors, '03 STI shifter with TIC/Kartboy bushes, and all the other small bits and pieces for the conversion.

Sad to see the car in such a state but it'll be good to have it up and running again, tired of driving my buzz box daily around. Will be doing some tidy-up work while its all apart too, and replacing the leaky brake booster and A/C compressor which shat itself.

(ignore the 1 pots hanging off the lateral links, haven't changed the brake lines over yet!)

TROLLEY likes this.

Last edited by Patch; 07-09-2015 at 09:34 PM.

Tags
1998, diy, gx, impreza, sti