Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Your Driveway (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/)
-   -   Jay's Version VI STi (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/63600-jays-version-vi-sti.html)

astralex 08-10-2016 06:11 PM

From memory it was similar, but I'm fairly certain he was running corn juice.

VUSSUTE 08-10-2016 06:14 PM

I swore I saw a post where it was tuned on 98 and did 346 from memory. Or was it STI FLING?

VUSSUTE 08-10-2016 06:18 PM

Just checked, STIFLING made 356 on 98 with a XTR 1.5,
I been told the 20g XTR Ball bearing is very very close to the 1.5

Although the 1.5 is more linear with delivery

Regardless, I'll just enjoy it regardless of what it makes. Seat of the pants should be great

dazdavies 08-10-2016 06:23 PM

[QUOTE=VUSSUTE;841938]Yeah daz, it was definitly some naivety on my part. being new to building these cars and learning alot on the way i quickly learned that 10 seconds was a little unrealistic as a daily driver in these cars (where a v8 its quite easy)
This was never a question of money (as i had 35k to spend on this) it was always avout remaining drivable as a daily... which i quickly learned is unrealistic (every engine builder said the same thing. Will be laggy and a pig). So ill pump it down to tens with nitros for a once off
Unfortunately a GT35R equiped 550awhp car [B]just doesnt work as a daily[/B] as you would know.[/QUOTE]

Can't agree with you on that. Built right they can be used perfectly fine as a daily and mine aint laggy as few on here will confirm. It certainly isnt a pig to drive. Mine is my only car the only complaint I'd have if it concerned me would be fuel economy. Other than that no problem.

It's a pity I'm now back in the UK as I'd show you how civilised the car is. Unless I opened the bonnet you just wouldn't know what its capable of.

TROLLEY 08-10-2016 06:24 PM

re: 350 - depends what dyno you use. I reckon I will see 350 easily on Tokyo's dyno (my previous setup was 331 on their dyno with the 20g XTR and 19psi). But at ASG it might be shy of that, and definitely not at the wheels at MMS.

Bram 08-10-2016 07:35 PM

[QUOTE=Jacob92;841955]I love my 2l close ratio box but my limmiter is up 8k way hehe

using the Perth-WRX mobile app[/QUOTE]

Doesnt matter how high the limiter is. Its how close the next gear is to the previous thats the issue. I change at 7k, my next gear comes on at 5.5+ k.

If you change at 8k, your next gear is gonna come on at 6.5+ k. Even if you rev out to 10k rpm, the next gear will be at 8.5+ k.

Its the rpm drop between each new gear that is too small. Each gear ratio is too similar to the next IMO.

VUSSUTE 08-10-2016 07:41 PM

[QUOTE=dazdavies;841960]Can't agree with you on that. Built right they can be used perfectly fine as a daily and mine aint laggy as few on here will confirm. It certainly isnt a pig to drive. Mine is my only car the only complaint I'd have if it concerned me would be fuel economy. Other than that no problem.

It's a pity I'm now back in the UK as I'd show you how civilised the car is. Unless I opened the bonnet you just wouldn't know what its capable of.[/QUOTE]

Yeah mate. I have seen your builds and I believe ya.
You built having a wealth of knowledge behind you. This is my first Subaru build. There will be more upgrades as I have plenty of cash left from this build.
Missus is keen to buy another 4wd, if she decides to do that I will have her current 4wd to use as a daily and I can throw a 35r on the subi. But for now the 20g will have to do as it still spools reasonable.

dazdavies 08-10-2016 09:28 PM

Don't get me wrong mate a 35 will be laggy as fuck on a 2.0L that wasn't my point.

My point was you can have a 600whp daily and mine is proof of that. I also had to make the point regarding the engine builders you spoke to about it being a pig and laggy. Again mine is nothing of the sort. Just because they cant do it doesn't mean it cant be done.

Everyone who has been out in mine commented on how normal it seemed until I floored it after which point they went very quiet lol. The ONLY person that didn't was Troy but he knew what to expect :D

yeahnah 08-10-2016 10:44 PM

[QUOTE=dazdavies;841960]
It's a pity I'm now back in the UK as I'd show you how civilised the car is. Unless I opened the bonnet you just wouldn't know what its capable of.[/QUOTE]

Back in UK and still on prex. That's funny.

Rslib72 08-10-2016 11:35 PM

we are just so loveable thats why.........