Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Your Driveway (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/)
-   -   Jay's Version VI STi (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/63600-jays-version-vi-sti.html)

VUSSUTE 11-12-2015 05:07 PM

Jay's Version VI STi

5 Attachment(s)
Gday, well, i have posted on here quite a few times before but I have never actually introduced myself.
[B]
Who am I and how did I get into Subaru's[/B]

My name is Jay and I am 33 years old. I was introduced to Subaru's in early 1998 when my uncle bought a brand spanking new Version V STi. Being brought up on V8s, i remember my first comment to him was 'you spent how much? On a 4 cylinder? You could have bought a GTS!!!"
He then informed me that this car was significantly quicker than the then (current) fastest HSV. Needless to say, i never believed it.
My first ride sold it for me. Not necessarily the acceleration but rather, the go-kart feel of the car..... it had me hooked.
I started reading all the Motor magazine writes ups and searched the internet. I was in love with this car.
In late 1999, the Version 6 STi came out. I instantly fell in love with the blue metal mica colored version. I managed to get a poster from WRX owners club of WA magazine and it stayed in my room for years.
I knew, this was the car I wanted to own! But I didnt have the money of $62990 at the time and coming from an immediate family of die hard holden fans, i knew this was going to be an issue.
Ten years later...... after a while of loosing interest in cars I finally got my dream.

I bought the car from a mature owner down south with only 120k on the clock. With Tein coil overs fitted and a Hitech TBE + Autronic ECU, brand new Bosch fuel pump and dyno tune of around ~ 225hp @ wheels.

I have taken it to the motorplex and did only one run (scared of the dreaded 5 speed kaboom issue). I bit the bullet and did a very high RPM launch and managed to net myself a 12.8 second quarter mile time.... very very happy for first ever run (and my first run in a 4 cylinder, and only 1.7 seconds off my previous PB on the very first run!!!!)
[B]
My short term goal for the car
[/B]
The bug has currently bit me and as some of you may already know, am currently doing a few more mods which involve
- Fitment of Process west intercooler
- Fitment of UEL Headers + up pipe
- Fitment of BPM downpipe (to replace the Hitech one)
- Fitment of Process West CAI
- 750cc injectors (for room to move with even bigger turbo)
- All new silicon hoses and radiator hoses
- New wheel bearings
- New VF34/Blouch 20G turbo (still to be decided) (will be a big garrett when new engine goes in)
- New STi six speed transmission and OEM STi clutch
- And maby a touch of NOS as i have a system sitting there ready to go.

I will be building a pretty heavy duty semi-closed deck, fully forged motor whist driving around on the current EJ207..... When the open deck one decides to say goodnight, the newly built motor will be installed and an even bigger turbo installed. Final goal is well over 450whp.

[B]
Long term goals for the car[/B]
I have no debt and earn some pretty decent money, so spending some big $$ on this car wont be any issue.
I do intend on getting this car into the 10s.

There is just something about saying...... my car runs 10s.....

But... there is more learning to be done first. As I am new to modifying these cars and enjoy taking control of the engineering choices of the build.

I know WRX's are known for their track ability, but I want to drag this one. For the short term, i am looking for a consistent mid 11 second car. Most of my friends are all from the V8 brigade and I want to be the lone wolf among them

travrex 11-12-2015 05:45 PM

nice ride mate looks very clean. love my v8s but cant go passed these for the fun factor !

Rslib72 11-12-2015 06:35 PM

Great car mate good stuff ....

VUSSUTE 11-12-2015 07:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
There is also this option as well..... but im really hard to persuade

travrex 11-12-2015 08:49 PM

That will definitely help get it down the quarter lol

using the Perth-WRX mobile app

TROLLEY 11-12-2015 09:01 PM

Awesome ride. Starting to get jealous of all these really clean looking engine bays. Going to have to put some effort into mine I think.

nick73 11-12-2015 09:01 PM

Someone should give you the ban-stick for keeping this from us for so long.

VUSSUTE 11-12-2015 09:02 PM

I didnt want to brag until I knew I could do it for sure Nick. lol

I also needed to learn the 'lingo' and 'know what im talking about' slang before i started sprooking my intentions. I was all over modifying V8s, but EJ motors, was a completely different thing all together.

Jezza 11-12-2015 11:34 PM

I say invite your mates to a track day. Even if they have a 10 sec v8, no way they could keep up with you through the twisty stuff.

Car looks good. If you get a 6 speed, I'd strongly recommend a Jim Berry clutch. Custom made in QLD, feels like a factory clutch but performs like a race one.

VUSSUTE 12-12-2015 02:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Have a weekend free, thinking of installing these myself.
I can tell these are going to be a pain in the arse!