Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Your Driveway (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/)
-   -   Jay's Version VI STi (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/63600-jays-version-vi-sti.html)

Jacob92 09-10-2016 10:50 AM

Ive had a gtpumps 20g and now a garrett 3076 ... ill have to take you for a lap after its tuned i will never go back to a td turbo put it that way
... could external gate > actuator flap that is the most improvement tho
using the Perth-WRX mobile app

VUSSUTE 09-10-2016 08:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Just thought i would add some more picks.
Cleaned up and resprayed inlet manifold. Also wrapped the headers after having them ceramic coated. What a bitch of a job that is.

VUSSUTE 09-10-2016 08:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Got these puppies the other day (kelford 272 road/race cams with spring kit and retainers) before sending the heads off to be rebuilt and bolted to the block

Also a pic of block face

Just waiting on cosworth top feed conversion fuel rails to arrive.

VUSSUTE 09-10-2016 08:47 PM

[QUOTE=dazdavies;841964]Don't get me wrong mate a 35 will be laggy as fuck on a 2.0L that wasn't my point.

My point was you can have a 600whp daily and mine is proof of that. I also had to make the point regarding the engine builders you spoke to about it being a pig and laggy. Again mine is nothing of the sort. Just because they cant do it doesn't mean it cant be done.

Everyone who has been out in mine commented on how normal it seemed until I floored it after which point they went very quiet lol. The ONLY person that didn't was Troy but he knew what to expect :D[/QUOTE]

Ahhh understood mate.

I forgot to mention i did want to stay 2.0/2.1L because i wanted a revvy engine. If i was to do it again, i may go something a little more exotic like a destroked 2.35 or something, but yeah the whole build was based around a 2.1 which ment lag was going to be an issue.

What capacity was your car if you dont mind me asking

Bram 09-10-2016 09:01 PM

[QUOTE=Jacob92;841970]Ive had a gtpumps 20g and now a garrett 3076 ... ill have to take you for a lap after its tuned i will never go back to a td turbo put it that way
... could external gate > actuator flap that is the most improvement tho
using the Perth-WRX mobile app[/QUOTE]

Similar experience for me going from a billet 18g to the dom 2.5. I thought the TD turbo was good until i tried the Garrett...

Jacob92 09-10-2016 09:22 PM

[QUOTE=Bram;841975]Similar experience for me going from a billet 18g to the dom 2.5. I thought the TD turbo was good until i tried the Garrett...[/QUOTE]

Wait till ur running with the new set up wow much wow

VUSSUTE 09-10-2016 09:25 PM

Do you recomend a stock location gt3076 over the 20g xtr? I havnt yet purchased the turbo as i was going to do the run in on the vf28.
I will go twist mount later as i was saying to daz.

Jacob92 09-10-2016 09:30 PM

Save ya coins and go straight to twist imho

VUSSUTE 09-10-2016 09:34 PM

[QUOTE=Jacob92;841978]Save ya coins and go straight to twist imho

using the Perth-WRX mobile app[/QUOTE]

Well if i go twist it will be a gt35r. Missus will be getting a new car next year and then i will go large twist mount, but until i get her old car as a new daily i will need a smaller turbo as its my daily. When it comes time to go twist mount ill just sell the stock location one.
I already have over 17k still left to purchase shit for this car later.

Bram 09-10-2016 10:05 PM

[QUOTE=VUSSUTE;841977]Do you recomend a stock location gt3076 over the 20g xtr? I havnt yet purchased the turbo as i was going to do the run in on the vf28.
I will go twist mount later as i was saying to daz.[/QUOTE]

I think the 3076 will make more than the 20g. I think the problem (One of the problems) with subaru stock location is you are limited by the size of the built in internal wastegate. And a turbo as big as 30r and you can have issues with boost creep when you really get it pumping. You are also choked by the intake piping into the turbo on a stock location turbo. That same turbo with a twist mount setup and external gate will perform better than an equivelant in stock location.