Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Complaints and Grievances
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-02-2010, 12:06 AM
Banned

jessw at standard level
Default tailgating the "new black" in driving

Hey all the last few weeks ive been out driving a bit more and ive found tailgating to be the norm. Nothing scarier than going from seeing nothing in my rearview then looking again and theres a massive 4wd with bullbars screaming up behind me while i have a baby in the back
and the other day in nedlands i had to swerve over to the side because some f@$tard was so close behind me i could hardly see his bonnet in the rearview and if i slowed down he wouldve rearended me he continued up the road and got stuck behind someone else (and no its not because im driving like a grandma ) < in saying that though lately its been the 40+ 4wd and sml hatch owners - some grandma/grandpas too!
Ive started just pulling over now and letting them go family/my safety is more important but there are times when i cant pull over and their f@#king stupidty poses a serious safety risk and i have to pray they dont hit me and that karma deals with them sooner rather than later!!!

In my local paper they said 600+ people got done for tailgating last year is that from people reporting or is that stats from rear-end accidents?

(just some clarification on other threads ive read) If i get their plates can i report them and if i do report does anything actually get done about it?

just to put my last 2 cents in bloody mother f$#king useless morons who most of the time only end up 1 or 2 cars in front of me further up anyway and then theres the great satisfaction of sometimes being able to pass them further along cos they get stuck (breathe )

Last edited by jessw; 14-02-2010 at 01:08 AM.
Old 14-02-2010, 12:15 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

big tilly at standard level

Ye it's slowly gotten worse, as the saying goes, the closer u get the slower I go, I once down shifted and eased the hand brake on a bloke behind me so he wasn't alarmed by tail lights, needless to say it scared the shit out of him and he backed right off. I knew at the end of the day if he rear ended me he would be in the wrong yet I did forsee the consequences...people are in too much of a rush these days. If everyone just chilled out we would probably all be extending our life expectancy by at least 5 years just due to lack of stress haha

it shouldn't be coming to the stage where we have to pull off the road just so these arseholes get to their destination 4 minutes faster...
Old 14-02-2010, 01:35 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

silvascoob at standard level

get out of the right lane unless your
A) turning right
B)doing 20 over the speed limit
C) overtaking someone
unless your doing one of these your just being inconsiderate.
if its a single lane road then you are doing nothing wrong and they need to back off
Old 14-02-2010, 01:59 AM
Banned

jessw at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvascoob View Post
A) turning right
C) overtaking someone
if its a single lane road then you are doing nothing wrong and they need to back off
99% of the time is in a single lane other than that i know the road rules and speed limits so yeah they need to back the f@#k off ......if only i could get them to do it without it ending in me getting stabbed....
Old 14-02-2010, 01:04 PM
Sir AntiLag

Okibi at standard level

Tail gating is not acceptable.

Here's the rub as I understand it, correct me if i'm wrong. There's plenty of people who say "i'm doing the speed limit" so I have a right to sit in the right lane. They are happy to try and enforce the speed limit while being ignorant of the keep left laws.

Problem is your new WRX has a tolerance built into the speedo of up to 10% BELOW the actual car speed ADR. (This is because things like tyre pressure, tyre wear, number of passengers etc. effect the radius between the centre of the wheel and the road and thus the speedo). This tolerance has been set by smart engineers and not by stupid politicians.

Older cars had a tolerance of 10% above OR below.

So you're driving with your speedo on 100 down the freeway, your actual speed could be 90 km/h. Bogan in her VK also thinks she's doing 100kms, but her actual speed is 110 km/h. She comes racing up behind you 20km/h faster and wonders why someone would be so pig headed to sit in the right lane on what the bogan thinks is 80km/h, mean while you're sitting on what you think is 100 wondering why this bogan is doing what you think is 120 km/h, you decide you're so law abiding you'll teach them a lesson and you stick in the right lane to force the bogan to slow down but you cause the bogan in their shitbox to do something as dangerous as over take on the inside lane. This also causes all the drivers doing the right thing to slow down to give the VK room to slot into the traffic flow and try and overtake on the inside.

If you'd kept left, or moved to the left lane as the bogan approached then you'd both think each other was in the wrong but you would have both continued your journey without forcing the other driver to do a dangerous overtake.

The hard bit to understand is that while you were only doing 90 on the freeway, you are a dangerous driver. Not a danger to yourself but a danger to others because your actions cause accidents.

The laws are in place so that everyone's actions are predictable.

My pet hates; people who don't keep left, people who can't merge, people who can't get up to traffic speed when merging onto a freeway, people who drive 80 in the 100 zone on the freeway but speed up to 100 in the 80 zone around the narrows. And people who don't realise that: A minimum speed applies on freeways. A person should not drive more than 20km/h below the speed limit on a freeway. Exceptions include where traffic congestion prevents it or it is unsafe to do so.
Old 14-02-2010, 02:48 PM
Subaru Tech Division

MKVIGTI at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okibi View Post
Problem is your new WRX has a tolerance built into the speedo of up to 10% BELOW the actual car speed ADR.
While I would agree that this is an issue with a number of vehicles I would disagree with you on the newer WRX.

On the Stock RE070 @ the correct pressure the Piggy is exactly bang on with the two separate GPS systems I have had in the car. I suspect the rest would be the same.

I'm not going to buy into the argument but it's not that hard to keep left when need be and if you are about to change into the right lane then check for faster moving traffic before switching. If both lanes are full and I'm travelling faster in the right lane than the left is moving they anyone behind can go fist themselves.

I do not drive below the speed limit unless there is a vehicle in front or a major safety issue that would prevent me going faster ( Torrential down pore, dust, fog or roadworks ). Cruise is set permanently on the speed limit.

The ones that shit me are the ones that can't hold a constant speed or have to get 1 car length in front and then slow to your speed to give you stone chips. Ignorant pricks!!!
Old 14-02-2010, 04:52 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco
Default Piss poor attitude!

Quote:
A) turning right
C) overtaking someone

Been driving long??

If you're doing 20 over you are in the wrong, not the person maintaining the speed limit.

People with attitudes like yours really give me the shits. Especially when all they gain is being 6 feet in front of you after 50km of travel.....Makes me lol everytime.

People like you THINK they impress everyone with their mad driving skillz.........but sadly fail in any type of real performance driving i.e a track day / skid pan where your lack of skill & car control would be blatantly obvious.

You don't own the road, no matter what you may think, you have to share it with other people.....If you want an autobahn move to Europe.

People that do 20 UNDER in the outside lane are just as bad imho.
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 14-02-2010, 01:37 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
Been driving long??

If you're doing 20 over you are in the wrong, not the person maintaining the speed limit.

People with attitudes like yours really give me the shits. Especially when all they gain is being 6 feet in front of you after 50km of travel.....Makes me lol everytime.

People like you THINK they impress everyone with their mad driving skillz.........but sadly fail in any type of real performance driving i.e a track day / skid pan where your lack of skill & car control would be blatantly obvious.

You don't own the road, no matter what you may think, you have to share it with other people.....If you want an autobahn move to Europe.

People that do 20 UNDER in the outside lane are just as bad imho.

I have had my license for 5 years, never lost it, never accumulated more than 6 points at a time, and covered about half a million kilometers.
There is actually a law that says you have to keep left unless overtaking or turning off. So your in the wrong, and the guy speeding is in the wrong and it has the possibility of creating a massive accident. (which is what we are all trying to avoid)

People will speed, no matter what you do it will happen, so instead of causing road rage incidents and possible crashes by hanging in the right lane and slowing down when someone wants to pass you, just move over,
then no mad driving sklilz get tested, no-one has to do anything dangerous, no-one gets enraged and EVERYONE MAKES IT HOME SAFE.

and dont even start me on europe, because they understand this principal of keeping left (or right as it may be)
Old 14-02-2010, 02:30 PM
STI Master

Splat_man at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Splat_man

Quote:
I have had my license for 5 years, never lost it, never accumulated more than 6 points at a time, and covered about half a million kilometers.
This means that you would have to do 273km's every day of your driving life (including weekends and public holidays). I doubt this.
Old 14-02-2010, 02:42 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat_man View Post
This means that you would have to do 273km's every day of your driving life (including weekends and public holidays). I doubt this.
i used to to on-site emergency repairs for minesite weighing systems.
it was not uncommon to do 1000km's to newman in a day and then 1000km's back 2 days later, working 6 days a week.
and the figure was ABOUT half a million km's
Closed Thread

Tags
driving, new black, tailgating