Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Complaints and Grievances
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-09-2011, 11:55 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint_23 View Post
Best one I encountered was at my last place of work.

Some of the office girls had pictures up around there desks of Beckham doing his underwear modelling.
So I decided to put up equivalent pictures of females. Don't you think that didn't half cause a stir...

"You cant have those up!"

"Why not?"

"It's offensive to the women in the office."

"So they can look at half naked men, which I have to see each time I need to talk to them,
how is what I am doing any different to that?"

"Ummm..."
Haha at my last role before moving to this job here, all the men and women got split into meetings, we had a 50 something year old women as a boss who was heavily into womens lib.

"It has been bought to our attention that some of you have been discussing some of the women in the building. Thats harrassment and a sackable offence"

few moments of silence, when one of the older guys who gives no fucks replies

"would that be the same as you telling me I have a good body for a 60 year old the other day?"

silence...

silence...

meeting free to go.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 21-09-2011, 12:23 PM

Master D knows their stuff

Those last two comments sum it up perfectly lol
Old 21-09-2011, 12:27 PM
Flat Four Father

Jezza at standard level

Lol, watching the kids from your van Kym? nothing suss!
Old 21-09-2011, 12:33 PM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

I love people claiming to sue you based on their 'rights'... Or how to deal with police and look after their 'rights'.

Then they go and list all the stuff they have watched in American movies.

99% of it, there is nothing wrong with the actual laws of the land. There is a big problem with a very vocal minority who voice their biased opinions, which then becomes the status quo.

For instance, how many times have you been told to be careful with performing first aid, as you can be sued for touching a woman, removing religious head gear etc. Now try and find out how many people have actually been sued for providing first aid?
Old 21-09-2011, 12:37 PM
Flat Four Father

mitchwnz knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to mitchwnz Send a message via Skype™ to mitchwnz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB Liberty View Post
Mitch if we wanted a Kiwi's opinion we'd have made NZ a state of Australia
SMD...

Although maybe your Rugby side would finally win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX. View Post
Yes, and you've posted in it already!

Like a Boss!! I have the sandiest of Vaginas.
Old 21-09-2011, 12:51 PM
Flat Four Father

Jezza at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
I love people claiming to sue you based on their 'rights'... Or how to deal with police and look after their 'rights'.

Then they go and list all the stuff they have watched in American movies.

99% of it, there is nothing wrong with the actual laws of the land. There is a big problem with a very vocal minority who voice their biased opinions, which then becomes the status quo.

For instance, how many times have you been told to be careful with performing first aid, as you can be sued for touching a woman, removing religious head gear etc. Now try and find out how many people have actually been sued for providing first aid?
I was told by St John Ambo that once you start providing aid you are legally bound to continue providing aid until help arrives...
But they assured me that the removal of clothing etc was permitted in a survival situation.

Would be in for some pretty bad karma if you tried suing the person trying to save your life.
Old 21-09-2011, 01:00 PM

Soksta is a guruSoksta is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
I think for most people, the cause for concern is a pretty good deterrent to do nothing.
I remember reading about a group/body trying to introduce laws that if you see some one in harms way or in need of medical assistance that you had to render help.
If this was true (and wasn't a case of mis-understood or incorrectly presented information) I doubt that I would render assistance to some one in a volatile situation where there was reasonable risk of harm occurring to myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
I was told by St John Ambo that once you start providing aid you are legally bound to continue providing aid until help arrives...
They also said the same when I attended my last first aid training, but, you can stop if you are unable to continue e.g. due to exhaustion or the risk of harm to yourself is high e.g. giving first aid to some one next to a burning car which is likely to explode.

What shits me off at the moment is that we are getting to a point where taking the initiative and using common sense in general is becoming a no-no.
I would cite examples about my current workplace, but if I do, I expect my stress levels with increase exponentially and I may wonder onto another floor and start to kill people =/
Old 21-09-2011, 01:09 PM

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

This is like the opposite of the cooking thread. Men bitching about rights vs men being whipped and proud of it?
Old 21-09-2011, 01:24 PM
Ambitious but Rubbish...

Saint_23 is a guruSaint_23 is a guru

I think a lot of this PC/Human Rights attitude is also responsible for a lot of the trouble with minors these days.

Example...

I see the news reports where a house party gets crashed and gets out of hand.
Police are called to intervene.

But these days the cops appear powerless to do anything as the youths have too many rights and protection under the law, subsequently the Police are basically powerless to act against them and therefore these people have nothing to fear any more.

So the Police arrive telling youths to disperse. Youths throw bricks, bottles etc at cops, and they cant do anything about it. If they happen to arrest anyone, they walk away with a fine.

Police should rock up, tell them they has 15 minutes to disperse or action will be taken.
After 15 minutes water cannons and fukin tear gas should rain down, if they throw shit at the cops, tasers and truncheons should respond. Give these cunts something to fear again.
Old 21-09-2011, 01:43 PM
STI Master

Spektre knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint_23 View Post
I think a lot of this PC/Human Rights attitude is also responsible for a lot of the trouble with minors these days.

Example...

I see the news reports where a house party gets crashed and gets out of hand.
Police are called to intervene.

But these days the cops appear powerless to do anything as the youths have too many rights and protection under the law, subsequently the Police are basically powerless to act against them and therefore these people have nothing to fear any more.

So the Police arrive telling youths to disperse. Youths throw bricks, bottles etc at cops, and they cant do anything about it. If they happen to arrest anyone, they walk away with a fine.

Police should rock up, tell them they has 15 minutes to disperse or action will be taken.
After 15 minutes water cannons and fukin tear gas should rain down, if they throw shit at the cops, tasers and truncheons should respond. Give these cunts something to fear again.
You have no idea how much I agree with this...

The amount of times I have witnessed my old man just walking up to a snotty little fuktard and then see them shit themselves when he dishes out to them is golden...

This was when i was in highschool and coppers still got some respect
#217 Street Cars WA
Full 04 STi drivetrain
08 JDM 207
Garrett 3076 xtr

Tags
fark, fk, pc, world