Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Cosmetic
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2011, 11:54 AM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

Jeckle at standard level

^^^ I haven't spent alot of time on these so far.

5 mins checking the gauge with a 9V battery and the pressure sender. Another 5 minutes with the pressure sender once I verified the wiring and got it to work.

15 minutes at work checking accuracy of pressure and temp senders, (also trying to work out what type of sender the temp sender is, but failing)

Gauge holder has arrived, so will install on Wednesday or Thursday, pic etc to follow then.

Worst part of the gauges is the lack of decent wiring instructions, colurs not matching etc. The gauge end of the wires is fine, it has connectors and the fit the gauge, the other end have no connectors, or connectors that don't fit anything else in the kit.

Straight roads are for fast cars, twisty roads are for fast drivers. I have or am neither.

http://tttmsp.smugmug.com/
Old 08-08-2011, 07:55 AM
Flat Four Father

Rexxar at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Rexxar

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay View Post
For the price of one real defi you could buy 2 full sets of these, and change.
If you bought them here, yes but I got mine overseas.
Bought my 2 gauges from Singapore for the price of 1.5 gauge if they were bought from Aus.
at the end of the day it sits on your dash for wank
Old 08-08-2011, 10:10 AM
Subaru Tech Division

saturation at standard level

End of the day even at the best prices your looking at close to $750 for some defis and a controller... its still a stupid amount of money for gauges.

No one is denying they set the benchmark in performance, unfortunately they set the benchmark when it comes to price too.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:35 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

Jeckle at standard level

Got the install under way and almost finished.

Used these GaugesHowTo and it helped a bit, and good photos so I won't add more.

Points to note, my colours for the Subaru at the clock were different, but they are still labeled on the back of the clock.

My larger Hyperflow TMIC is a pain to get in and out, there are other options and instructions also on the net, the oil pressure switch appears to be under the alternator, and this maybe another option if your going to fit 2 oil sensors (pressure and temp)

With the oil gallery near the intercooler, the coolant line which runs to the throttle body make fitting the tube work I used a bit of a pain, but i do have both pressure and temp tee'd off the one point using 3/8th stainless tubing, and I don't expect the temp to be close to accurate, but then again its also not that important to me.

Pressure is taken off one of the small lines on the manifold, (it goes to a pressure regulator) and I've put the sensor on a bracket near the standard boost controller. I've used the grommet which is behind the turbo and has only a small number of cables in it, to the steering wheel side of the main grommet which has a bigger harness running through it, it also allowed access for the wiring up with the intercooler re-installed.

Tomorrow, chasing a plug to suit the clock connector, would have loved one of those in the kit, otherwise it will be a cut and solder, but the gauges should be more fun than the clock.

Straight roads are for fast cars, twisty roads are for fast drivers. I have or am neither.

http://tttmsp.smugmug.com/

Tags
defi, fake