Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Cosmetic
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 10:42 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

rufazz at standard level

no not at all ask away
Old 04-01-2013, 12:11 AM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufazz View Post
just rember its not how much they cost its how good they are installed.
my gc8 has type r,s installed and would shame a lot of set ups out there
So true (re: installation). I'd be stoked for you if you managed to get the Type-R to sound decent! When I auditioned them a couple of years ago they were truly the most woeful components I had ever heard. I was even surprised at how muddy and coloured the Type-X were as well. I used to have a set of 4" Type-X splits in the dash of my old Celica and they sounded beautiful, but the updated series of speakers that Alpine released after those were a major step down according to my ears.

I spent all last weekend and an hour here and there during Monday-Wednesday's heat installing my PXA-H800 processor. WOW! The only downside is that you really notice the shit recordings which are quite common in a lot of the music I listen to unfortunately. With some decent recordings (especially Dire Straights/Police/Pink Floyd, etc) tracks) the windscreen just completely disappears and is replaced by a great sound stage. A bit of tweaking is necessary over time as that sound stage does change a little bit when actually driving as opposed to sitting in a stationary car. So far it's only half tuned - crossover points and slopes chosen and time delay set. Last night I ordered one one of these badboys below which is a USB powered mic. Some laptop RTA business should enable me to now flatten out the EQ and further improve the sound. Given I'm in a hatch I should also start thinking about putting some sound deadening under the wheel well tray and behind the hatch trim.

[/thread hijack]
Old 04-01-2013, 07:03 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

rufazz at standard level

sounds like you have a winner there with the h800..

the thing about type r splits is they wont compare to moreal arc,s etc

The biggest problem with them is people over drive them,im also not a fan of eq adjustment to be honest

i like running fully active systems in the next few months they you can see a all alpine system and hear it as well imm keep yas posted

type x splits are on my shit list lol actully allpine speakers have always been over bright and have no depth
Old 04-01-2013, 07:19 PM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

I've never been a huge fan of Alpine speakers in general. Love their head units and amps though. EQ is good when used properly. ie. to flatten out overall system response. My next step will be to run my front stage fully active... when I get the coin to get the fronts re-wired. I hate wiring doors.

Tags
head, recommendation, unit