Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Cosmetic
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree197Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2013, 01:22 PM
STI Master

scary knows their stuff

Seriously you are wiring in a head unit and amp - this does not = rocket science

What is wrong with kids these days???

Pull it apart
Read instructions for wiring
Check what does what with a multi meter
Twist wire and check it all works then use connectors or better yet solder and heatshrink

Worst case you will blow a fuse when you turn the power on without the earth on correctly

Same goes for installing gauges - read instructions and install.

Everyone on here has probably had a boost gauge at some stage - yes they are wank, yes they look pretty - no they won;t do shit for you unless it is a EGT meter and you have a modified car.

As far as Dad is concerned..............does he know about the photos.......................
mattmy99, XT43, TROLLEY and 2 others like this.

12.463 1/4 mile, not bad for an old school Liberty [DECEASED]

MY08 Liberty Tuned by STi
Old 11-07-2013, 01:24 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Emjay at standard level

I know he wasn't having a go. It just hurts.. just because I'm a girl, I know a fair bit about what's going on, I'm not one of these girls that tags along with her boyfriend just to be arm candy or what ever. I know that photo doesn't exactly give me that justice.

as I mentioned before. I know what I am doing and will be doing. Its the more visual things i need help with, Last thing i need is another thing to keep coming up to be picked on about.

Wheels, Sway bars, Rotors All coming into the story. Those I dont need help with!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-07-2013, 01:25 PM
Subaru Tech Division

thehowlfactor knows their stuff

Hey Michelle

http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/sale/552...ages-60mm.html

The look you wanted at the price you would like to pay.
The Following User Says Thank You to thehowlfactor For This Useful Post:
Emjay (11-07-2013)
Old 11-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Subaru Tech Division

REXXXED knows their stuff

It has got absolutely nothing to do with you being a girl. I have had this exact conversation with many a person regarding boost gauges etc.

The visual things that you say you 'need help with' should be your own decision on what you think looks good, not what the rest of us think look good.

Don't ask us our opinions on what you should do/what we think looks good. Then have a sooky-la-la about our opinions.
TROLLEY likes this.
Old 11-07-2013, 01:30 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Emjay at standard level

just so we are aware I had to beg my dad to let me drive a swift sport... im lucky that this car i was able to get the loan completely in my name, so he didn't have a say what I bought.

You know I probably wont end up with them, because I know how my mind works but they Look exactly how i want them, if they are going to sit there in front of my face for so long, why would I want to pay less for something that doesn't look how i want it to.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-07-2013, 01:31 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Emjay at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by REXXXED View Post
It has got absolutely nothing to do with you being a girl. I have had this exact conversation with many a person regarding boost gauges etc.

The visual things that you need help with should be your own decision on what you think looks good, not what the rest of us think look good.

Don't ask us our opinions on what you should do/what we think looks good. Then have a sooky-la-la about our opinions.
LOL the thread is about the carbon fibre!! HAHA! which incase anyone cares im repainting the bonnet scoop and im sticking with the black front lip xD
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-07-2013, 01:31 PM
STI Master

Slap Dash knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncSubaru View Post
I only had a boost gauge in mine. I used it as I was doing RallySprints and wanted to know that my boost levels were consistent and not spiking.

If you are buying gauges for the look, just buy cheaper ones. Defi's are for people with excess money or no brains. I was the latter of the 2

Even if I get another turbo car, I wont use defi again because I cannot justify the cost. One gauge with the controller is like $350-$400 when you could get a self managed single boost gauge for a little over $100 of a cheaper variant.
Yea I actually use my gauges also. Frequently monitor them. (If you do buy know what you are buying & why). I have a brain & no I don't have excess money.

However at the time of purchase they were an impulse buy to complement the cluster..I swear I have OCD and wanted the cluster to match with the gauges I got. But I got other mod's & other priorities done first.

The 52mm Defi's Racer's do not require a controller & do not fetch too high of a price compared to ones with a controller etc ($250 a Gauge). Yes they do cost a fair bit for 3.

In saying that this is perhaps my last respectively modded car before moving onto brighter pastures. So may as well make the most of it. Do what makes you happy about your own car imo. Fuck the haters.
Emjay likes this.

Having a modern day PC without an SSD is like hiring a hooker for hugs.......
Old 11-07-2013, 01:38 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Brett Allan knows their stuff

Stereo/sub and amp is a very simple job, and requires a bit of basic knowledge of soldering and electrics.

The OEM Subaru system is a POS, and upgrading that was first on my "mod" list.

Very simple job and DIY youtube videos or people that do cashies if you want to save abit of coin and not be ripped by Alberts etc..

On the topic of decent performance handling mods;

Swaybars, cold air intake, fuel pump, exhaust and tune. Then skidpan and lots of driving

If you want cosmetics, front lip, tint and some low with springs or coilovers...

Nice wheels to finish it off...

Best of luck and as above, your car, mod it how you want
Slap Dash likes this.
Old 11-07-2013, 01:40 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Emjay at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary View Post
Seriously you are wiring in a head unit and amp - this does not = rocket science

What is wrong with kids these days???

Pull it apart
Read instructions for wiring
Check what does what with a multi meter
Twist wire and check it all works then use connectors or better yet solder and heatshrink

Worst case you will blow a fuse when you turn the power on without the earth on correctly

Same goes for installing gauges - read instructions and install.

Everyone on here has probably had a boost gauge at some stage - yes they are wank, yes they look pretty - no they won;t do shit for you unless it is a EGT meter and you have a modified car.

As far as Dad is concerned..............does he know about the photos.......................
I cant believe I missed this... that is what I thought but the last one i saw my ex did it ( this is why I believe I can do it myself) and I think I can do it, I just wanted to make sure what the consequences were if iI fucked up
Brett Allan likes this.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-07-2013, 01:49 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Emjay at standard level

I'm confused. Lol do you all think its completely stock???

The car has a cold air intake, it has a turbo back exhaust it apparently has a plug and play ECU. It has been lowered but I'll be lowering it again when I decide what rims I want and put them on the car.
No one even knows what boost I'm running. :/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tags
04, blonde., bonnet scoop, carbon fiber, choices, front lip, sti, sti 04, subaru4eva v.2