Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Vendors and Sponsors > Evolution R
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

Thank you P.WRX for your support.

Pic of a typical Brant job:

In most cases, I am able to save your Brant by disabling the faulty features and keep the alarm and security functions intack.

Also for those with the Brant system which prevents the use of a turbo timer, I am now able to wire the turbo timer to work with the Brant system.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:13 PM
Sir AntiLag

squid at standard level

This may be a little off topic, but an ex-gf installed a turbo timer while I was working up north (and amazingly, it still works!) haha but the only thing thats wrong with it, is you can't lock the car until the turbo timer has cut out. (suits me most the time - but at shops ect annoying)
The BRANT is still fully active - but is there away around the BRANT that allows the car to be locked while still running on the turbo timer? or am i just being picky?

:)
Old 12-06-2012, 09:45 PM
Scoobie Noobie

nugie at standard level

Thanks to Mao for removed faulty brant, keep the alarm system in place and fitted turbo timer,
Old 05-07-2012, 05:53 PM
STI Master

Slap Dash knows their stuff

Once again Mao, Thank you very much for sorting me out. In Particular this time with my Faulty POS of a Brant. Much Appreciated & you saved me having a worse headache than I already had. These things cause way too many headaches for what they are worth.

From what it looks like it failed in two places folkes @ the Fuel Relay Part & at the ECU. Correct me if i'm wrong Mao.

Still Puzzles me why a Class Action Law Suit hasn't been made against Subaru for these Systems.

However, Cheers again mate

Having a modern day PC without an SSD is like hiring a hooker for hugs.......

Last edited by Slap Dash; 05-07-2012 at 06:10 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:31 PM
Scoobie Noobie

irish at standard level

hi guys,
Ive a liberty b4, I'm having an intermitting starting problem... the car will start ok first time but when you try to start is say after being stopped for 10 minutes it won't start, the engine turns over, and the fuel pump pre surge doesn't come on.
im wondering is it the brant ? i bought the car at an auction and don't have a code for the keypad.
If it is the brant, can i bypass the part that sends the signal to the fuel relay (am i right to think that the supply to the fuel pump relay goes through the brant system) to eliminate it ?
any help would be appreciated.

Mark
Old 06-08-2012, 05:38 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

There are a couple of immobilisation points through the starter relay, ecu and factory immobiliser control box that the Brant spiders into.

More than likely it could be the Brant but bear in mind that other factors like AFM and fuel pump themselves can be the problem.

Will suggest you bring it in for us to take a look and if it is not the Brant, you will not be charged.

Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
hi guys,
Ive a liberty b4, I'm having an intermitting starting problem... the car will start ok first time but when you try to start is say after being stopped for 10 minutes it won't start, the engine turns over, and the fuel pump pre surge doesn't come on.
im wondering is it the brant ? i bought the car at an auction and don't have a code for the keypad.
If it is the brant, can i bypass the part that sends the signal to the fuel relay (am i right to think that the supply to the fuel pump relay goes through the brant system) to eliminate it ?
any help would be appreciated.

Mark
Old 13-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

Thanks to Kremer930 for providing his GR STi as a test car, Evolution R can now bypass the keypad on your late model GH/GV/GR WRX/STi., while keeping your alarm system and factory immobiliser active.

After playing around with the system, the keypad system is actually a Sigma system from the UK and not Brant, although I have heard of an affiliation between both companies in the UK.

For more info, please PM me.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:19 AM
Subaru Tech Division

johnvk7 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mao View Post
Thanks to Kremer930 for providing his GR STi as a test car, Evolution R can now bypass the keypad on your late model GH/GV/GR WRX/STi., while keeping your alarm system and factory immobiliser active.

After playing around with the system, the keypad system is actually a Sigma system from the UK and not Brant, although I have heard of an affiliation between both companies in the UK.

For more info, please PM me.
Why would somoeone want to bypass the Sigma keypad? They're not even turned on from delivery.
2010 XR5 Focus
06 Impreza Hatch 2.0i
Old 04-09-2012, 08:23 AM
Subaru Tech Division

johnvk7 at standard level

This is not a personal attack Mao, you do a good service for P-WRXer's, but in my opinion the system more times then not can be repaired and not removed/disabled
2010 XR5 Focus
06 Impreza Hatch 2.0i
Old 04-09-2012, 03:06 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

Thanks for the input, but Evolution R is not fixated on disabling the Brant.

As the thread says: Repair, Disabling and Removal

Couple of things:
1) Replacement of the secondary box or keypad is a good way, but might not be the most economical way.

2) Reheating the joints or soldering on the board -- not a permanent repair job.

3) Disabling mostly the faulty keypad or secondary control box.
After we disable the faulty keypad and/or secondary box, the Brant Anti-theft functions are fully operational with a total of 3 immobilisation points as required by RAC as a CAT 4 alarm + immobiliser system.

4) Removing the Brant is done when the primary control box fails. Not cost effective to replace/reapir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnvk7 View Post
This is not a personal attack Mao, you do a good service for P-WRXer's, but in my opinion the system more times then not can be repaired and not removed/disabled

Last edited by mao; 04-09-2012 at 04:16 PM.

Tags
brant, brant or sigma, disabling, removal, repair, system