Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Vendors and Sponsors > Evolution R
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 08:34 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Easy - ill grab you the part number when I get out of work tonight.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

69terra69 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay View Post
Easy - ill grab you the part number when I get out of work tonight.
also keen for that part number as im on the hunt for a rs 1
Old 02-06-2011, 06:17 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

Ros,

Thanks for the thumbs up.

Guys, Roscco is the perfect person to approach when you are in doubt of the authencity of parts and products.

Really glad to be in this forum.

Confirmation of brands are Denso and Nissan JECS. These are all original.

This is the latest photo of the Q45 AFM they took today.

This is a pic of the Nissan Skyline AFM

Below is Subaru OEM Denso AFM:

Z32 will update tomorrow. One more day guys until my staff finalise all the part numbers.

Can't wait for Rossco and Teejay to test theirs out.

Teejay need a part number from you dude. Gotta send these over to Perth pretty soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
Mao, What brand are these Mafs?

I ask because the OEM Z32 used to cost the dealers over $300 (I was in parts at Nissan).

Last edited by mao; 02-06-2011 at 07:30 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

Hi sorry I haven't reply u yet. waiting for a confirmation email from Japan regarding cost of the plug. Should have a price for ya tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlib View Post
Let me know when you can get one and how much?
Old 02-06-2011, 06:32 PM
STI Master

westoz at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mao View Post
This is a pic of the Nissan Skyline AFM (nissan's rrp is A$1225)
OEM price parts like these, for a piece of plastic with a coupla wires hanging out of it and stamped out by the thousands by some machine, only make the brand name retailers of the things absolutely and justifiably look like the biggest rip-off arseholes on the planet. What I would give to have the opportunity to shove one of these AFMs sideways up the arse of the people profiting from these stupidly unspeakable, ludicrous prices.

For $1225, I could get a return trip to Bali and live like a king for over a week; and then still bring home a large suitcase full of goodies.

/rant
1990 Mk3 Supra turbo fully rebuilt 7M-GTE (Older son)
1991 Celica GT4 (Younger son)
Old 02-06-2011, 06:35 PM

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Looking good Mao!

I'll b e needing a z32 Afm plug also (i'll make up an adapter harness so I don't have to cut the factory harness).
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 02-06-2011, 06:46 PM

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Quote:
Originally Posted by westoz View Post
OEM price parts like these, for a piece of plastic with a coupla wires hanging out of it and stamped out by the thousands by some machine, only make the brand name retailers of the things absolutely and justifiably look like the biggest rip-off arseholes on the planet. What I would give to have the opportunity to shove one of these AFMs sideways up the arse of the people profiting from these stupidly unspeakable, ludicrous prices.

For $1225, I could get a return trip to Bali and live like a king for over a week; and then still bring home a large suitcase full of goodies.

/rant
Your post is nonsensical.

Mao is refering the $1225 to the Q45 Maf not the Z32 (Z32 can be had for around $600 new).

They aren't made by Nissan or Subaru.....They are made by Jecs, Denso or Bosch & sold to the manufacturers for $xxx....Buying OEM (Subaru or Nissan) boxed comes at a premium v's buying manufacturer direct.... Like everything.

They are also a precision electronic device that is reliable (on the most part) in stock applications for 100's of thousands of Kilometers....

They are not "a piece of plastic with a coupla wires hanging out of it and stamped out by the thousands by some machine". Do you even understand how they work???

Subaru sell the OEM 99/00 afm cartridge for under $300, the same sensor through Porsche (fitted to Boxster & Boxster S) is $1k.... So the Subaru Pricing isn't that bad hey?
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 02-06-2011, 06:56 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

Just got 3 more updated photos for the Z32 afmfrom my guys, unfortunately have to send them back again to take a clearer pic of the hotwire element as the lighting was quite bad and I wasn't able to see the orange on the main shaft as with the Genuine Nissan part. So have to verify that tomorrow.

Anyway here's the other 2 photos of the Z32 AFM:

Quote:
Looking good Mao!

I'll b e needing a z32 Afm plug also (i'll make up an adapter harness so I don't have to cut the factory harness).
Old 02-06-2011, 07:05 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

Adding to that, looks can be deceiving (sounded like a lot of my ex gfs -- just jking).

Ros and Teejay have to test the parts first to determine these actually work properly as the manufacturers have claimed them to be original factory parts. I might be wrong in the first place, so I am just sending 2 Z32s, 2 GDBs, 2Q45s, 2Gc8s and 2 RSs first to be sure of their authenticity.

We must all realise that there are a lot of costs involved in R+D and that the car makers have spent millions to make the parts right. Not to mention the costs involved in maintaining huge dealerships to provide the end users with proper service and warranty.

Anyway, I am getting very excited and am looking forward to these items arriving.

Quote:
Your post is nonsensical.

Mao is refering the $1225 to the Q45 Maf not the Z32 (Z32 can be had for around $600 new).

They aren't made by Nissan or Subaru.....They are made by Jecs, Denso or Bosch & sold to the manufacturers for $xxx....Buying OEM (Subaru or Nissan) boxed comes at a premium v's buying manufacturer direct.... Like everything.

They are also a precision electronic device that is reliable (on the most part) in stock applications for 100's of thousands of Kilometers....

They are not "a piece of plastic with a coupla wires hanging out of it and stamped out by the thousands by some machine". Do you even understand how they work???

Subaru sell the OEM 99/00 afm cartridge for under $300, the same sensor through Porsche (fitted to Boxster & Boxster S) is $1k.... So the Subaru Pricing isn't that bad hey?
Old 02-06-2011, 07:08 PM

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tags
afms, subaru, subarus