Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Gaming and Multiplayer
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

waxdass at standard level
Send a message via MSN to waxdass

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUZMISL View Post
I was waiting for this as well but cracked and bought a PS3 a few months ago. Then of course the slim just came out

I knew the slim was coming, just didn't think it would be so soon.

It's going to be expensive all up, need to buy a G25 or maybe the new G27 wheel and perhaps a stand to support it.

Like this:
http://www.wheelstandpro.com/order.html
thats fkn sick.
Old 23-09-2009, 04:22 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

CRUZMISL at standard level

here's a recent clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mZMC...layer_embedded
Old 09-10-2009, 10:00 PM
Flat Four Father

ALEX. knows their stuff

From the Tokyo Games Show a few weeks back.

Summary:
* March 2010 release in Japan, same or soon after for the rest of the world.
* Nearly 1000 cars!
* 70 variations of tracks
* They've been working on damage and destructable objects (eg tyre walls)
* Every car will be damagable in some way, with WRC and NASCAR getting the works!! (makes me happy, just quietly)
* You can customise cars now in terms of some bodykit parts (eg get a stock WRX looking like an STi or maybe a nearly-there 22B?)
* Finally has 'friend mode' online, as well as being able to upload replays to YouTube

http://tgs.gamespot.com/story/623055...tories;story;2
Old 09-10-2009, 10:03 PM

waxdass at standard level
Send a message via MSN to waxdass

this is going to be epic.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:24 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

ReppohC at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX. View Post
* Nearly 1000 cars!
* 70 variations of tracks
* They've been working on damage and destructable objects (eg tyre walls)
* Every car will be damagable in some way, with WRC and NASCAR getting the works!! (makes me happy, just quietly)
The car list will be good and should cover almost everything (apart from a few key manufacturers who couldn't be licensed). Certainly going to be the biggest car list in any game. If its anything like GT PSP though there's going to be a lot of duplicated cars. I believe out of the 830 cars in GT PSP theres only 500 odd unique models. And apart from the fact there are 40 variants of skyline ('99 GT-R vs '00 GT-R vs '01 GT-R etc for example) you'll find whole manufacturer lineups duplicated (Acura / Honda, Opel / Vauxhall, Renault / something, and a few more). Made me laugh that you could buy the *exact* same 'unique' race car (including decals) from both Opel and Vauxhall as a different car.

Ditto with the tracks. There's only actually 20 tracks with variations bringing it up to 70.

Secondly if you have seen the damage it looks fairly disappointing at the moment. Also rumor is that not all cars (only 170 of the 1,000 vehicles) will implement damage. Gotta keep the manufacturers happy I suppose.

Regardless its going to be an epic game that is going to sell like hotcakes. I just hope they pull something special out last minute like variable weather or night racing or something! And skidmarks would be nice too. And reverse lights! And no more bumper car physics (ok ok so they have sort of fixed that, maybe)...

Last edited by ReppohC; 10-10-2009 at 02:30 AM.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:23 PM
Subaru Tech Division

wild_rx at standard level
Send a message via MSN to wild_rx

This game cant come quick enough in my opinion!!!

Will no doubt be worth the wait though
Old 10-10-2009, 05:44 PM
Flat Four Father

ALEX. knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppohC View Post
The car list will be good and should cover almost everything (apart from a few key manufacturers who couldn't be licensed).
Do you know who those are? Most of the big boys are in now (eg Ferrari getting on board). Bugatti? I'd love to see a Veyron
Quote:
I believe out of the 830 cars in GT PSP theres only 500 odd unique models.
Yeah, we all knew there'd be lots of similar models, but still there would be well over 500+ unique cars which is pretty amazing.

Quote:
...if you have seen the damage it looks fairly disappointing at the moment. Also rumor is that not all cars (only 170 of the 1,000 vehicles) will implement damage...
I get where you're coming from in terms of disappointing damage. For me, if you want damage, get GRID. I recken GT is for 'real' racing and i'd rather them spend time and effort on getting the cars and tracks good then having a car crumple 100% as it would in real life. All i would like is some nice scuff marks, the odd ding here or there to show that, yes, there has been some contact between racers.

Quote:
And skidmarks would be nice too. And reverse lights!
Haha, skid marks would be great if they stayed there the whole race, and actually affected the surfac's grip. I think i remember Kazunori Yamauch (producer) saying that eventually he'd like that level of realism.
As for reverse lights, c'm... oooooooooon! Haha. I mean, I'd love intermittent wipers and the option to change worn-out blades, but there is a line.

Hmm actually i'm gonna write an email right now...

Last edited by ALEX.; 10-10-2009 at 05:48 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:44 PM
STI Master

[I 86 I] at standard level

Veyron 16.4 is in the GT on PSP and cars are transferrable so im guessing its a go ahead.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:12 PM

Master D knows their stuff

awesome now i know when i need to have my big screen and ps3 by lol

actually considering buying some wrx seats and making one of those proper cradles with wheels + pedals etc. anyone know is it a hard thing to make up?
Old 11-10-2009, 01:38 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

ReppohC at standard level

Quote:
Do you know who those are? Most of the big boys are in now (eg Ferrari getting on board). Bugatti? I'd love to see a Veyron
Porsche? Their current license to EA runs out in 2010 though so who knows maybe they could squeeze them in hahaha. And of course you'll still have that odd RUF or two. I wasn't 100% sure about Aston Martin but they look to be included.

Quote:
Yeah, we all knew there'd be lots of similar models, but still there would be well over 500+ unique cars which is pretty amazing.
Yeah the car list is pretty extensive. However there are still a lot of identical / duplicate models as opposed to similar cars. Yeah ok so the cars arn't always the same between regions but there are quite a few that are (I wouldn't be surprised if they just copy, paste, rename). Not a bad thing that you (as a car enthusiast) can decide to buy the exact car you want. Having 600 cars with 400 "pretty much the same" is better than just 600 I suppose. Maybe a little misleading though.

Hyundai Coupe FX '01, Hyundai Tiburon '01, Hyundai Tuscani '01.

Quote:
I get where you're coming from in terms of disappointing damage. For me, if you want damage, get GRID. I recken GT is for 'real' racing and i'd rather them spend time and effort on getting the cars and tracks good then having a car crumple 100% as it would in real life. All i would like is some nice scuff marks, the odd ding here or there to show that, yes, there has been some contact between racers.
Damage is better than no damage. I've always found the GT games lacking in this department (collision detection, damage, etc). Even the mechanical damage in GT2 endurance events felt weird. Lets hope they have made some big improvements since then.

Quote:
Haha, skid marks would be great if they stayed there the whole race, and actually affected the surfac's grip. I think i remember Kazunori Yamauch (producer) saying that eventually he'd like that level of realism.
As for reverse lights, c'm... oooooooooon! Haha. I mean, I'd love intermittent wipers and the option to change worn-out blades, but there is a line.

Hmm actually i'm gonna write an email right now...
Haha well they've already had the 'wash your car', 'change your oil', etc. Next step would be 'change wiper blades'. Anyway skid marks of any description would be great. Smoke would be great too. In most games the decay time for skid marks is much longer than the actual race (unless you like doing fully sik skids). In some games the skid marks even stay between events. I also believe there's a few games with racing line grip level / rubbering in of the track etc. Of course most of that is well well past what can be achieved (or more importantly appreciated) in a console racer. I think saying something like "we cant do it properly so we dont do it at all" is a bit of a cope out.

Last edited by ReppohC; 11-10-2009 at 01:48 AM.

Tags
$500m - 6 years - where did it go, alex.....next daniel ricciardo??, gaming franchise crawls backwards up it's own arse, gran, i have a life & actually have sex with girls, too many fanbois in this thread, too many whingers in this thread, turismo, what do you expect for $77?