Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Gaming and Multiplayer
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Sir AntiLag

rubberbudgie at standard level
Send a message via MSN to rubberbudgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITR3XURZ View Post
ok guys bad news, sony just released a new firmware 3.56 which will obviosly take off our jailbreak... im at work but will try to bypass this using the dns trick once i get home.. if you choose not to update, u can keep your jailbreak but you cant go online.. has anyone on here using kmeaw 3.55 cf updated to OF 3.65?? and if so did your console get bricked?
It won't brick your console it will just "unjailbreak" it. Personally I wouldn't be using a CFW of any form online as it's 90% certain Sony will ban any PSN accounts associated with a CFW. I have an old-school (60gb original release PHAT) PS3 which I use for anything online and a different one (original 80gb PHAT) which I run the CFW on.

But don't despair, 3.56 CFW is already being beta tested as we speak so unless there are any major hiccups it won't be very long until you can go online again if you so choose.

EDIT: OK I stand corrected, it seems as if some models of 60gb PS3's are getting bricked when updating from 3.55 CFW to 3.56 OFW. Of course, anyone in their right mind wouldn't do said update but hey I guess there are always a few....

Last edited by rubberbudgie; 27-01-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Old 27-01-2011, 06:25 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

ITR3XURZ at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberbudgie View Post
It won't brick your console it will just "unjailbreak" it. Personally I wouldn't be using a CFW of any form online as it's 90% certain Sony will ban any PSN accounts associated with a CFW. I have an old-school (60gb original release PHAT) PS3 which I use for anything online and a different one (original 80gb PHAT) which I run the CFW on.

But don't despair, 3.56 CFW is already being beta tested as we speak so unless there are any major hiccups it won't be very long until you can go online again if you so choose.

EDIT: OK I stand corrected, it seems as if some models of 60gb PS3's are getting bricked when updating from 3.55 CFW to 3.56 OFW. Of course, anyone in their right mind wouldn't do said update but hey I guess there are always a few....
hahha yeah im the same as you, i have 2 1st gen 60gbs one is running cf and the other is OF... so in order to successfully update to 3.65 without bricking, ill have to restore system through the service menu then update to 3.56?
Old 27-01-2011, 07:49 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

ok guys good news All you have to do is set your DNS on the PS3 to the following, it may take time to sign in so be patient:
Primary: 67.202.81.137
Secondary: 67.202.81.137

obviously done by going nnetwork settings>internet connection settings>ok>custom> you choose> manual settings> auto> auto> do not set> Manual> primaray dns = as above> secondary= same thing> auto> do not use> enable> X

this will allow u to go online on 3.55 cfw
worked like a charm... enjoy
Old 27-01-2011, 08:56 PM
Sir AntiLag

rubberbudgie at standard level
Send a message via MSN to rubberbudgie

Quote:
hahha yeah im the same as you, i have 2 1st gen 60gbs one is running cf and the other is OF... so in order to successfully update to 3.65 without bricking, ill have to restore system through the service menu then update to 3.56?
You'll need to use the install firmware or whatever it's called option in the service menu and install OFW 3.55 and then upgrade to 3.56.

Quote:
ok guys good news All you have to do is set your DNS on the PS3 to the following, it may take time to sign in so be patient:
Primary: 67.202.81.137
Secondary: 67.202.81.137

obviously done by going nnetwork settings>internet connection settings>ok>custom> you choose> manual settings> auto> auto> do not set> Manual> primaray dns = as above> secondary= same thing> auto> do not use> enable> X

this will allow u to go online on 3.55 cfw
worked like a charm... enjoy
Don't count on this working for too long though, usually stops working after a day or two. What do you use online on your CFW machine? Do you play multiplayer games or Playstation store (or both)?
Old 21-02-2011, 03:25 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

is the 3.65 jailbreak out yet?? cant find a solid tut on this so im a bit sus..

Tags
ps3, unlock