Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-04-2007, 07:22 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

this is the point of threads, so not only do i get the answer to my question but so does anyone else wondering the same thing. Then when someone else is wanting a car from the eastern states, they can use the search button and get some info, rather than starting a new thread!

n00b
Old 09-05-2007, 04:41 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

col at standard level

Taken from DPI website
http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/licensing/yourvehicle/1383.asp

Licensing an interstate or overseas vehicle
If you bring a vehicle from overseas you must take out Western Australian vehicle licence immediately. You will be required to present your vehicle at a examination centre along with your current registration papers and plates from the place of issue. You will require a temporary permit to drive the vehicle.

If you are bringing a vehicle to WA from another State or Territory, you are required to transfer your interstate vehicle registration within 3 months of becoming a permanent resident of Western Australian, to do this you must provide documentary proof of your identity (original documents only).

Your vehicle needs to be examined

If you purchase a vehicle in Western Australia registered in another state the registration is invalid and you will need a temporary permit to drive the vehicle.

You will be required to present your vehicle for examination at any examination centre along with the current registration papers and plates from the state of issue.

Your vehicle will need to be fitted with a government approved immobiliser in order for it to pass the required vehicle examination and so be licensed in Western Australia. Please see the immobilisers section for more information.

Once the vehicle has successfully passed the examination you will need to present proof of ownership (e.g.. current registration papers) together with the number plates from the state of issue and the examination certificate to a Customer Service Officer to allow the vehicle to be registered with Western Australian number plates.
Old 30-07-2007, 05:08 PM
Sign me up!
IMPREZA STi S204

JDM_STYLE at standard level

Hi all, yeah I know this is a super old thread but didnt want to start a new one.

My question is im looking at getting a brand new rex from sydney, I have the choice of getting it registered and pay stamp duty over there or buy car and pay stamp duty and get it registered here.

Which would be easier and would a new car have to go over the pits once its here in Perth.

Cheers

Wayne

221.7KW-ATW 498.5NM MMS ROLLER DYNO & BUILT BY STi NINJAS, BUILD #318/600

EBISU SUBARU, SHIBUYA-KU TOKYO
Old 30-07-2007, 05:15 PM
Sign me up!
The Converter

GX-REX at standard level

As far as i know you wouldnt be able to register the car in your name over in sydney unless you attend in person to their licensing centre or already hold a NSW drivers license. I would just get it brought over and rego it here... Less hassle...
Old 30-07-2007, 05:25 PM
Sign me up!
IMPREZA STi S204

Quote:
Originally Posted by GX-REX
As far as i know you wouldnt be able to register the car in your name over in sydney unless you attend in person to their licensing centre or already hold a NSW drivers license. I would just get it brought over and rego it here... Less hassle...

My main concern is wether or not a new car still has to get inspected at pits if bought interstate.

Old 30-07-2007, 07:52 PM
Scoobie Noobie

bjwrx at standard level
Send a message via MSN to bjwrx
Thumbs up

Yeah i bought my cs9 from the N.T. it was a lil bit of hassel i just bought it, then got it trucked down. had to get it de-licenced up there, then re-licenced down here plus go over the pits. Didnt hav much trouble over the pits as is all stock standard n only had 2000k on the clock + couldnt find the engine number. Does cost a lil thoe
Old 30-07-2007, 11:01 PM
Sign me up!
IMPREZA STi S204

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjwrx
Yeah i bought my cs9 from the N.T. it was a lil bit of hassel i just bought it, then got it trucked down. had to get it de-licenced up there, then re-licenced down here plus go over the pits. Didnt hav much trouble over the pits as is all stock standard n only had 2000k on the clock + couldnt find the engine number. Does cost a lil thoe
Cheers mate this was the answer i was looking for, how much did it cost
you to go over the pits and was it a long wait?

Wayne

Old 30-07-2007, 11:26 PM
Subaru Tech Division

WRXTASY at standard level

It should be pretty simple. Even though you should follow the rules regarding registration as previously stated there is always a workaround.

ie Buy a WRX/STi from over East already registered. Drive it around over here and just don't get caught or pulled over until the rego is about to expire, then do the pits and re-register. I have done this in the past. Not on a WRX though.

The only problem you will have is if the car is modified before heading for the pits here. Take a good look at the rules and regs and make sure its all legal.

J
Old 31-07-2007, 12:01 PM
Subaru Tech Division

PRODIGY at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM_STYLE
Hi all, yeah I know this is a super old thread but didnt want to start a new one.

My question is im looking at getting a brand new rex from sydney, I have the choice of getting it registered and pay stamp duty over there or buy car and pay stamp duty and get it registered here.

Which would be easier and would a new car have to go over the pits once its here in Perth.

Cheers

Wayne
What sort of rex you looking to get? there's a Tuned by STi at a Sydney dealer with 8500 kms on...they're sweet...
Old 02-08-2007, 11:32 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

NEAT 04' at standard level

ok, my sister wants to transport here vehicle from perth to sydney as she is moving. I have called a few companies (autotrans,TNT,Patricks) but neither will allow personal belongings left in the car.....
Does anybody know of a company that would?????

263 hub hp

Tags
east, importing, wrx