Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-07-2009, 08:51 AM
Dak Dak Boom!

BOMB3R is a guruBOMB3R is a guru

It will be fine as long as you don't give it shit although if you do you're going to throw a cell because of the 02 sensor.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
365hp and 515nm

New Beast to arrive April 2015 - 365hp, 450nm, 0-100 in 4.4sec. AMG Goodness!
Old 17-07-2009, 09:28 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Plenty of us have driven around for ages with a TBE and no tune.

Basically you won't get the performance gains of the exhaust without the tune. If you want to be anal about it, it would be best to do it all at the same time, but you don't need to stress about it.
Old 17-07-2009, 09:32 AM
Subaru Tech Division

PRODIGY at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
Plenty of us have driven around for ages with a TBE and no tune.

Basically you won't get the performance gains of the exhaust without the tune. If you want to be anal about it, it would be best to do it all at the same time, but you don't need to stress about it.
Cheers guys, yeah was just worried i might stuff something up but sounds like i should be ok then. Will hopefully only be a few weeks between exhaust & tune..
Old 17-07-2009, 11:39 AM
STI Master

MY99 at standard level

Prodigy, I'm in the same position as you and have decided to leave the car in the garage until it gets tuned. Of the mechs I've spoken to, some say drive it off boost and it'll be fine, while others have specifically warned me not to take the risk as they've had big problems with the 06/07 running untuned with a TBE. They're supposedly far more sensitive than previous models.

Personally, as long as you don't hammer it nothing should go wrong. But if you can drive the Mrs' car - do it!!
Old 17-07-2009, 12:00 PM
www.dilettante.net

EXPLICIT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to EXPLICIT

02+ GD's are known to do anything from running rich to mega lean with full exhaust. fit exhaust when you get the tune done - for the sake of possibly forking out for a motor its worth being patient.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:23 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Tommosaurus at standard level

Damn, good thing I came across this thread...
My 05 WRX seems fkn heaps slower since I got the TBE fitted. I got it serviced at subaru and they "reset the computer" but still hasn't done shit.
Hello verso.
Goodbye $1k
Old 04-08-2009, 05:39 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Elrico at standard level

Resetting the ECU doesnt allow your computer to tune itself. It would mearly just think its got a stock exhaust back on it, then realise it doesnt. 1k is a small price to pay for a world of garentee.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:21 PM
Subaru Tech Division

wild_rx at standard level
Send a message via MSN to wild_rx

hmmm, ive been driving my 03 around for about a year with the exhaust and no tune! even been round ahg (rac) twice......

But has been on Tenagahs dyno and is running very rich so hopefully she will be fine
Old 04-08-2009, 07:59 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Tommosaurus at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrico View Post
Resetting the ECU doesnt allow your computer to tune itself. It would mearly just think its got a stock exhaust back on it, then realise it doesnt. 1k is a small price to pay for a world of garentee.
I definately hear you on that one. I didn't spend all this money on a WRX only to have it run slow - and have stock daihatsu charades challenge me to a drag (that actually happened today, wtf?? haha).

For some reason I just thought a reset would sort itself out. Damn computers, when are they going to think for themselves.

Is the verso tune simply like firmware for the ECU? kinda like flashing the bios in your computer?
or is it another chip that piggybacks on top of the stock one and overrides existing commands?
Is there anything else I should know about before getting it done?
Old 04-08-2009, 08:13 PM