Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-07-2007, 04:45 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Chris at standard level
Default 06 or 07 with verso and TBE

Hi guys,

Anyone with an 06 or 07 WRX had one of rexwaggon's exhausts fitted and had a verso tune? If so what kinda power & torque were you putting out afterwards? I'm looking at getting one of these 3" TBE as quite a few people have recommended them and maybe a fuel pump and obviously an ECU reflash. I'm thinking I could do this for about $2000. Just wondering if anyone has done these mods only and could let me know how it went. Dyno sheet would be perfect.

Cheers,
Chris
Old 17-07-2007, 04:54 PM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

have you done a search on this Chris? Heaps on here who have done tbe and verso and I can't recall one of them being anything but happy. You should get under $2000 for this no problem.
Old 17-07-2007, 05:00 PM
Sign me up!
Barge Master

pmh at standard level

search is your friend

http://www.versoautomotive.com/index...id=5&Itemid=31
Old 17-07-2007, 05:16 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Chris at standard level

Yeah I have done plenty of searches. Just couldn't find any info specifically on how dylan's exhausts performed with the verso and fuel pump.

I'm assuming i can expect about 30kW more at the wheels, considering MRT claim 40kW gains as a minimum with the XB kit (Ecutek) which is essentially the same. I know figures are always different etc etc. But thats a 33% difference. I have spoken to Nick from ASG who said 40kW gain is a bit excessive and i could expect 30 - 40 hP gain with the verso.

I do know that every car is different and responds slightly differently to the same mods but im looking for specifically dylan's exhaust and a verso tune, so i would have a fair idea of what to expect. As compared to a $4000 jobby with an MMS exhaust and Ecutek. Just trying to do my research thoroughly before i spend my cash and void my warranty Cheers for the reply!
Old 17-07-2007, 05:21 PM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

Chris it's not just about added dyno number. You will get added torque and kw with that combo no worries but you will also retain factor idle, ac, settings with verso. If you have spoken to Nick then you should feel pretty comfortable I reckon but just search for verso only and you will find plenty of members here who have all gone that way. There are tons of dif tbe you can buy and you generally get what you pay. Might pay to look at dump pipe options as this is the key to power with tbe. Goggle Michael South Racing and you will see what I mean.
cheers dave
Old 17-07-2007, 05:23 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Mister Two at standard level

150 - 160 KW ATW easily attainable with that list of mods and a VERSO tune. I'd recommend doing a resonatorectomy (removal of pre-filter intake resonator located in the front guard) while your at it. Its a bit of a restriction on the intake and after removal will increase flow and make the stock BOV clearly audible.
Old 17-07-2007, 05:27 PM

RichX knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Two
150 - 160 KW ATW easily attainable with that list of mods and a VERSO tune. I'd recommend doing a resonatorectomy (removal of pre-filter intake resonator located in the front guard) while your at it. Its a bit of a restriction on the intake and after removal will increase flow and make the stock BOV clearly audible.
Pretty much.

I got 165kW with bigger TMIC, TBE, Silicone Intake, Fuel Pump, CAI .. on the TD04 @ 17.5
Old 17-07-2007, 06:04 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Chris at standard level

I have read the MSR page on splitter mods and dump pipes a while ago. Found it while i was searching through the forums

If you buy a replacement dump pipe, do all TBEs have the centre pipe and dump pipe the same lengths so you can interchange? or would it be a hassle to fit, in which case it would just be better to go with a more expensive one with a better quality dump pipe with a splitter. Or do they just do the splitter mod, which looks like a piece of plate welded into the bellmouth?

Yeah i'd probably do the resonatorectomy too.

pmh - i have seen the dyno sheet on the verso site, its a bit wavey, is this just due to different dyno printouts/units or something? Torque drops off pretty sharply at around 4000 rpm.
Old 17-07-2007, 06:39 PM

chee at standard level

its a td04?
Old 17-07-2007, 06:40 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Chris at standard level

Also, American Dave,

I know there are heaps of different exhausts available, too many options Thats why i thought i would ask how this specific affordable, commonly used (apparently??) exhaust system went with the verso tune. Thats the purpose of this thread.

If i'm only going to get slight gains from a $1700 exhaust system, id rather save my money as its only for street use and i'm trying to save a deposit for a house

Having said that, i do want something that will pull hard all the way to 6500rpm as opposed to stock which kinda dies/plateaus after about 4500rpm. Overall, i just wanna get thrown back in the seat more and have a nice sound.

Tags
06, 07, tbe, verso