Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-07-2007, 12:40 PM
Subaru Tech Division

DarkMoose at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturation
I thought a decision by the obudsman was legally binding for the insurance company ?

Went with RAC
Yes and Yes,

And i may or may not work at RAC, disclaimer to come when people start chucking up a fuss
Old 24-07-2007, 01:33 PM
STI Master

confuzion at standard level

thats riduclous, unlucky there megs sorry to hear
definatley chop them up !!!
Old 24-07-2007, 01:56 PM
STI Master

slappy at standard level

I would have thought they would have looked after you a bit better considering they are the ones that stand to lose here.

option 1) 20k + worth of repairs and if you walk away when its all done, they never see any of that cash again!

option 2) 20k + worth of repairs and and you are happy with the insurer, you stay with them and probably dont prang your ride/s in the next 10 years and they see half the costs back.
Old 24-07-2007, 02:35 PM
Sir AntiLag

megs_wrx at standard level
Send a message via MSN to megs_wrx

I will not be staying with Just Cars. I rang them back today to talk to the guy thats looking after my initial case told him what the ombudsman has told me to do... and basically told me to make the claim and it will be investigated.

But then i told him about the keys being in the car with the pincode on... and he then got his ass into gear and is looking into it all for me. So still have not made a claim for the tyres and rims.

He also told me that they do not require the smash repair place or mechanics to have the appropiate insurance coverage what a joke!!

I also told him i did not want the tyres and rims to be put on the car but delivered to my house... and he said to me but the car will need them when the car goes for a wheel allignment... I said of course and fair enough I'll give them back then... but if I put them on the car now and they go missing again... I'll be up for another claim yes?

Yes was the response.

Not a happy customer!

I also feel its all going to go to shite, when I go to Bali... cause I'm sure it won't have all been sorted by then.

Ginger Ninja...
Old 24-07-2007, 03:10 PM
Subaru Tech Division

WRXTASY at standard level

I have had a few insurance claims, luckily I'm with RAC.
I made a point of choosing my wheel aligner too when I had a dingle.

Here is the plan:

I would have the rims + tyres dropped off to Wheels World as its close to Ozzie Park STi and get Bob to do the alignment. Thats not unreasonable on Just Cars after your trauma. Its not going to cost Just Cars anything extra either.

Borrow some rims and tyres just to drive out of the shop on and you will not have the stress of worrying about leaving the new ones there.

None of this is being unreasonable on your part.
If Just Cars don't come to the party I think the IWRXOC should become involved in the process as well to spread the story far and wide. I'm Sure Nauli (Steve) could help with that.

I would NOT make another claim for the rims as your WRX will take a while to repair and that buys more time to sort out this mess. Let everyone investigate exactly what happened and apportion blame. Rims can come a far far distant last in the whole process.

Point is don't rush the process. Go on your holiday and try and forget about it all for a while even if its still not sorted when you go. A lot of stuff is beyond your control.

J
Old 24-07-2007, 03:33 PM
Sir AntiLag

But I get no choice on where the car goes... thats what caused this whole problem. The place I wanted it to go to is fully covered, but it was up to Just Cars... I honestly don't think they are going to do anything I want them to, and the ombudsman will have to be called in again. JC have knocked off now so i won't be hearing anything for another day.

My sub is in the workshop somewhere so I think it's worth going to pick that up until they are ready to re-install it just incase that gets stolen and I'm up for another claim.

It's rediculous!

I don't think RAC would insure me when I first quoted them Not going to want to now either lol.

Altho on a positive note, I just got my license renewal in the post and I get my free license for being a goody two shoes P Plater.

Ginger Ninja...
Old 24-07-2007, 03:45 PM
Subaru Tech Division

saturation at standard level

you never know, explain that they have farked you around and you might get a sympathetic person willing to help you out.

If no luck let me know and I will pass you onto the same person who helped me insure my Evo. After calling RAC 3 times she worked it all out, So she may or may not be able to do something for you.

Alternatively PM DarkMoose cos he may or may not work for RAC
Old 24-07-2007, 04:00 PM
Sir AntiLag

nachjoe at standard level
Send a message via MSN to nachjoe

i feel ya...situation is fuked...must be stressing u out :S

RAC some people say are shit..but i recon they not bad
Old 24-07-2007, 04:05 PM
Subaru Tech Division

saturation at standard level

Indeed everyone has their own experiences, when my GF's car was hit , car was dropped to RAC service centre, free taxi to work, was called everyday with updates, when it was ready, free taxi ride to service centre, signed and drove out.

As stress-free as it should be.
Old 19-02-2008, 02:56 PM
Sir AntiLag

Police rang today... they have found my rims and tyres that were stolen. Turns out the guy is a regular theif, yet somehow he is still on the streets hopefully for no longer.

Identified them as mine using datadot etc. Of course I will not get them Just Car do, unlucky really because it turns out they were all brand new, not broken as i had previously thought. The mechanics put all the new ones on before it got to the smash repairer.

Mum answered the call, apparently the Lady officer was really excited. Congrats to them for solving another case

Ginger Ninja...

Tags
rims, stolen, tyres