Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-08-2007, 03:23 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

dabomb789 at standard level

Got a mate parked his car outside an apartment block... He has a twin plate clutch and a semi-loud bassy exhaust on his civic (he stoped by the apartment for 1min to pick up a friend at 9pm), one old lady came out and raised her voice saying that she was going to report him for hooning. Friend got out of car and told her politely that he was just picking up a passenger and she insisted he was being a hoon. Repeatedly told him that she was going to the police station to report. This happened 3 months ago... NO LETTER yet... Moral of story, some people may or may not abuse this system but from what i reckon this reporting of hoons by citizens is dubious... i myself have a tbe 3 inch cannon, so far neighbours are cool with it (oh, they drive rx7s, integra type r's, ek's... wakaka)
Old 26-08-2007, 05:04 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabomb789
Got a mate parked his car outside an apartment block... He has a twin plate clutch and a semi-loud bassy exhaust on his civic (he stoped by the apartment for 1min to pick up a friend at 9pm), one old lady came out and raised her voice saying that she was going to report him for hooning. Friend got out of car and told her politely that he was just picking up a passenger and she insisted he was being a hoon. Repeatedly told him that she was going to the police station to report. This happened 3 months ago... NO LETTER yet... Moral of story, some people may or may not abuse this system but from what i reckon this reporting of hoons by citizens is dubious... i myself have a tbe 3 inch cannon, so far neighbours are cool with it (oh, they drive rx7s, integra type r's, ek's... wakaka)
Reminds me of my friends place in Scabs. 3 houses with one long downhill driveway as an access point for all 3. They live in the last unit down the bottom. Since its narrow and I dont like reversing up a steep incline at silly hours of the morning I began parking on the front lawn. The silly old guy in the front unit believes it belongs to him. The third time I parked there, walked out at 1am to find a note stuck to my window:

"who do you think you are to park on my lawn? how dare you take it upon yourself to disrespect me when you wake me up everytime you leave. im going to be reporting you for your hoon behaviour. grow up and learn some respect"

now ive never sped down the street, the worst ive down is given the thing a few quick revs due to the shitty cold start tune. naturally i wasnt too impressed.

i grabbed a pen and replied

"any land beyond the letter box is actually council land according to law, so im parking on common property, not yours. if you think you can have me hoon lawed for having an exhaust, you need to put your crackpipe away old man. to help you, heres my name, address, date of birth and phone number. call me if you want"

all of course, while having the car idle to warm up at 2am found out the next day hes done it to every person who has parked there that goes to my friends place, so now i insist on being louder then i need to be. never rang me, never got a thing from the police.

my point?
some people are loopers, who think they are seriously going to rid the world of evil by taking minute issues and escalating them without thinking. fuck her, nothing will happen.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 26-08-2007, 08:02 AM

Elrico at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_psi
just wave back with a smile... that works a treat
Last time i did this in my 87' VL i had some lunatic get angry and chase me at excessive speeds down Roe Hwy in an Econo Van. I lost him in a few back streets of Thornlie and found him 15 minutes later in gosnells still driving around.

Morons.
Old 26-08-2007, 08:09 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

D3V1L at standard level

this law only takes effect when the people reporting can prove it...ie: photo proof...the proof needs to include the offence, what the preson should be doing (ie: speed) and licence plate all in 1 photo...difficult if u ask me to get all this in 1 photo....if the complaintee cant provide this then nothing will ever happen

dave
Old 26-08-2007, 08:12 AM

Elrico at standard level

If someone was to take a picture whilst driving would that not incriminate them aswel? I mean mobile phones and what not are banned whilst driving a vehicle, im pretty sure taking sceneic pictures are aswel.
Old 26-08-2007, 08:23 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

im late at standard level

I live in a building complex where EVERYONE (except me and my partner) are older than 50!!

However I have briefly introduced myself (when we first moved in) to everyone and always wave/say hello. As a result when I return home in the wee hours of the morning with the exhaust note it does not cause any ""inconvenience” to the neighbours. It’s all about the attitude your give off to others.

People who do not know you (i.e. some female loon in an Astra) are going to go off at you every chance they get. I guarantee she would have calmed down several minutes later realizing that if she went to the cops there is nothing they can do.

However....

If the police receive several complaints about your vehicle then that more than likely will be enough for the police to contact you and start with the questions.
Old 26-08-2007, 09:09 AM

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

I hate this he said she said bull shit...

I hope someone complains about me so I can take some anger out on someone..
Old 26-08-2007, 09:12 AM
Flat Four Father

ALEX. knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by im late
... If the police receive several complaints about your vehicle then that more than likely will be enough for the police to contact you and start with the questions.
Exactly. the other day i was at the shops in High Wycomb and there is a gravelly bit at the side. I was talking to a mate from inside my car and went to leave.. i had a bit of trouble getting it into reverse - coldish gearbox - and when i got it in i accidentally spun the wheels for about a half second.
Next thing i know some 60yr old comes over, says I'm being reported and walks off.
I'm obviously going to defend myself so I run after her, politely ask to talk to her and then explain what happened. She understood and said she wouldn't report me.
Bottom line is, if i HADN'T talked to her, even though the police wouldn't have had hard evidence of me 'hooning' (i use that word bloody loosely!) they would have still had a complaint about me. Now if there is a genuine complaint about me in the future it will be my first one, but if she'd talked there would have been 2 and that's something..

so just avoid it if you can. talk to people and explain yourself and actions. If they want to take it further, thats up to them and you can't stop them unfortunately.
Old 26-08-2007, 09:15 AM

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by R R8D REX
so just avoid it if you can. talk to people and explain yourself and actions. If they want to take it further, thats up to them and you can't stop them unfortunately.
Baseball bat to the knee caps?
Old 26-08-2007, 09:27 AM
Sir AntiLag

Makoto at standard level

she has got PMS...

Tags
abuse, dob, hoon, law