Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Subaru Tech Division

werticusness is unrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by jEstEr?
I once had someone yell at me in a suburban street after i did a u turn and accelerated away "SLOW DOWN YA FUCKHEAD" i looked at the speedo and i was doing 35 in a 50 zone.

The fact is to old people, loud = fast. I bet none of them EVER did things like that when they were a kid

yup i've had this too - i've even had a cop pull me over and tell me off for doing nothing like this.
Old 27-08-2007, 10:38 PM
STI Master

perthzed at standard level

They need video/photo evidence which needs to show your license plate. In addition how can they prove it was you? "It was my mate Jono who's now returned to New Zealand".
Old 27-08-2007, 10:47 PM
Subaru Tech Division

POLARBEAR666 at standard level

I rekon it was Osama! Get them to prove it wasn't!
Old 28-08-2007, 02:22 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

bdazzld at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTC
Did you ask for his badge number at that point? Surely the swearing and hand gestures would constitute road rage, and you could have reported him.
very true...i wasn't in a position to get his badge number (driving next to him) but i pulled over and called the local police station... the women on the phone could not help but laugh at me when i told her the story.. she suggested that i come into the police station and give my details so as to make a formal complaint.. i thought it might be a better idea to keep my identity to myself as the last thing i need is a pissed off cop playing a game of retribution...She wasn't in the least bit interested.. and i was reporting it as road rage and inappropriate behavior from a police officer

Interesting situation

13.097 ET stock MY02STi.... first time @ drag

"Whatever it costs you to fix that car, is pretty cheap therapy", Dr. Phill
Old 28-08-2007, 09:10 AM
Subaru Tech Division

WRXTASY at standard level
Exclamation

I have had a very strange situation driving to work a few years back.

Middle of winter, and its absolutely pissing with rain. The wipers on fast were barely enough. Its 4 something a.m. and I'm driving to the airport doing around 70 ish with good levels of grip. Bright lights appear in the rear view mirror and appear very close. Tailgating close in the pissing rain. Hmmm ?

I'm on the Farmer Freeway and start thinking this idiot is about to run me off the road either drunk or or wanting to steal the car. So I slowly speed up and find the car still tailgating me. Can't see much just bright lights in the mirror. A bit of panic starts to set in, so I really get up it and decide enough is enough. There is standing water everywhere on the Great Eastern Highway and I get a good run of green lights and by now doing 120 or so and this fucker is still giving it heaps behind looking like he wants to run me off the road. I'm only forced to stop for crossing traffic at the BP halfway to the airport and now the following car has pulled along side. Dark Blue VZ Commodore with steel wheels and yes you guessed it two undercover cops. No Blue flashing lights. Nothing. Just the two of 'em laughing before they turn right and head South while I go East.

Fuckers!!!!

Moral of the story. I now refuse to stop for anyone following except red and white flashing lights and a siren going, especially in the pissing rain at 4am. Anyone doing stupid shit like that deserves to loose control and run their car off the road trying to catch me regardless of who they are.

Sad but true

Last edited by WRXTASY; 28-08-2007 at 09:19 AM.
Old 28-08-2007, 09:59 AM
Banned

Mat at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Mat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurtenstein
And whos ever been hurt laying licorice strips?
Well that dude who was watching that comp in the US

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSTi
Big question I have is have hoon laws actualy made it any safer to be on the road???
Nope. Seriously they are a stupid law that will never work. It hasnt cut down accidents, it wont save lives, it wont make people better drivers or pay more attention. Thats what needs to be addressed. Although, its handy because its an easy way to get more money outta people.

I guess if you make people worry about dobbing other people in and you get their mind off the REAL issues.

Some of you guys (esp you polar ) need to buy a cheap camera (with video of course) and keep it in your cars. Handy how helpfull they can be! I learnt this when one particular cop kept pulling me over and wasting my time Sillyness stops very quickly indeed.

Last edited by Mat; 28-08-2007 at 10:11 AM.
Old 28-08-2007, 02:55 PM
STI Master

slappy at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieJ
In an interesting turn of fate I was driving to my buddies when low and behold I see

I'm not a vindictive person so it's not like I'm going to do anything. But I did find it humourous.
Note on the windscreen.

"Dear nut job, just note to warn you that not all performance car drivers are as nice as me, so next time you road rage over the presence of a performance car on the road, remember they too may also know where you live.

Regards
WRX you swore at on XXXXX date."
Old 28-08-2007, 02:57 PM
STI Master

Andy! at standard level

gold slappy!!

Tags
abuse, dob, hoon, law