Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-08-2007, 05:42 PM
Sign me up!
Why stop at two bar?

tuna is a gurutuna is a guru

go have a look at one in the flesh, a 08 wrx that is.

they are big improvement over the 07 model, the front end is much slicker.

having seen a couple today (in wrc blue) i'd certainly buy one if i had the coin.

Long live the WRC
Old 31-08-2007, 05:57 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Fabs at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Fabs

still hanging out to see it in the flesh however i must admit subaru is stepping in the right direction with the new model....they want to attract new customers and make us current owners look more towards upgrading to the new sti when it comes out....i know im very tempted to upgrade rather to go for another rex....sti FTW!

just think..the bug eye went through the exact same thing when it first came out...
Old 31-08-2007, 06:36 PM
STI Master

perthzed at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabs
they want to attract new customers and make us current owners look more towards upgrading to the new sti when it comes out....i know im very tempted to upgrade rather to go for another rex....sti FTW!

Exactly. They want to create a rival for the Golf Gti which sells very well, they don't want to have 3 WRXs and the current WRX is sort of in a different category, so they have to make a few compromises.
Old 31-08-2007, 06:42 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Fabs at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Fabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by perthzed
Exactly. They want to create a rival for the Golf Gti which sells very well, they don't want to have 3 WRXs and the current WRX is sort of in a different category, so they have to make a few compromises.
and i must say thats exactly why they came out with the hatch...its where the market is not to mention the whole wrc scenario....all the top contenders are hatches!
Old 31-08-2007, 08:07 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Elrico at standard level

When im down on my R&R before i go to Europe, ill be definatley be going for a test drive. I think give it a year or 2 and wait for a more refined version, and you'll be suprised. Look at the MY01. Changed from classic to bug eye and i was honestly, at first, disgusted. It grew on me and eventually broughtout the pig which i reckon looks tough.

Just needs a little fine tuning. Tis all!
Old 31-08-2007, 08:23 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Adr3naL1N at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Adr3naL1N

Quote:
Originally Posted by perthzed
why not just create a new line of car?? instead of wrecking a cult car, wrx have always been made the same way and always been successful, would of been much easier to keep builidng em this way and created a new line of hot hatches to compete with the mps and golf.

i def did not hate the bug this much when it came out, just throught it was abit average comapared to the gc8

my 2c
Old 31-08-2007, 08:48 PM
Subaru Tech Division

WRXTASY at standard level
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuna
go have a look at one in the flesh, a 08 wrx that is.

they are big improvement over the 07 model, the front end is much slicker.

having seen a couple today (in wrc blue) i'd certainly buy one if i had the coin.
I've heard Subaru have a new line of STi Tuna Spec - Hot Pink Roof racks for the 08 Stace!!!

Just the thing to cart ya $7k bike on when ya meet all those metro-sexual cycle boys down the Cafe early Sunday morning!!!
Old 31-08-2007, 10:04 PM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Don't diss the roof racks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr3naL1N
why not just create a new line of car?? instead of wrecking a cult car, wrx have always been made the same way and always been successful, would of been much easier to keep builidng em this way and created a new line of hot hatches to compete with the mps and golf.
Probably why it is called the S-GT back in Japan. Subaru Australia have kept the WRX name tag as it has obvious brand value.
Old 31-08-2007, 10:06 PM
STI Master

perthzed at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr3naL1N

i def did not hate the bug this much when it came out, just throught it was abit average comapared to the gc8

my 2c
I don't know the figures, but by changing the WRX they are able to tap into a much bigger market which = more $$. I mean I'm sure they have some switched on r & d guys and marketing guys that know full well what will happen by 'metrosexualising' the WRX. They'll ostracise a small select group of people, but will ultimately attract a lot more. Look at the end of the day they are destroying the cult image of the WRX, but they're not a charity they're a business. I think there will be more focus on the Sti as their performance car and at $55K it's still bloody cheap and if it sticks closely to the WRC design it will still look hot irrespective of it's hatch arse. All is not lost brothers - have faith!
Old 31-08-2007, 10:08 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

wrxsti at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by brew848
Proud to own a PIG
GOD DAMN PROUD TO OWN A PIG TOO

Tags
drive, subaru, wrx