Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-10-2007, 10:42 PM
STI Master

Adz at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by megs_wrx
Ok so no "Fixed" period, I understand that... but 8 months!!! You have got to be kidding me. You have to see where I'm coming from... it just seems to be one thing after another.
My car was in an un-named workshop getting a rebuild on a ford laser motor for a period as long as that.. it happens.

In saying that - 8 months would be considered unacceptable

Considering your car was practically a write off in terms of physical damage done - 6 months would have been passable - Allow some screw ups - and there we are. Insurance jobs always put to the back of the list - they know they get paid for it eventually

Last edited by Adz; 31-10-2007 at 10:44 PM.
Old 31-10-2007, 10:59 PM
Sir AntiLag

megs_wrx at standard level
Send a message via MSN to megs_wrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz
What is to take action against? Everything they have done wrong is in the process of being justified. The only reason megan knows about all of this - was because she rang and found out each of the things.. Keeping in mind they dont have to give her the car back till its ready, Just Car could have been 10x worse and simply pulled it out from one shop and taken it to another, and told her.. you'll get the call when its ready.

To put it simply - the panel beaters are doing the work for the insurance company - NOT for you.. it does you NO good contacting them at any stage.. and when the panel beaters are finished - it gets inspected by the insurance company as they place a guarantee on the work done.. at this point.. its out of your hands. You paid just cars 2.5k of your money - they've probably spent in excess of 5-10k on the repairs to date - i'd be certain they'd want it dealt with sooner than later.
I started to ring around because the people that were updating me were lieing to me, fair enough give me no update but do not lie to me and tell me the car will be ready in two weeks, and then another two weeks and then another two weeks.

Another thing its my car therefore I have the right to find out what is happening to it, as if anyone would just let it go for however long its getting repaired for and not check up on it.

I wish they had taken the car out of that shop, the job might have been done better, and quicker.

If the car is out of my hands why did I get the chop for my rims and tyres being stolen when the car was not in my hands but in their hands?

See what i mean its getting very two headed.

I'm just really angry right now, that prob comes off too much in this post, I'm not taking a dig at you Adz... it's just very frustrating.

Ginger Ninja...
Old 31-10-2007, 11:11 PM
STI Master

Adz at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by megs_wrx
I started to ring around because the people that were updating me were lieing to me, fair enough give me no update but do not lie to me and tell me the car will be ready in two weeks, and then another two weeks and then another two weeks.

Another thing its my car therefore I have the right to find out what is happening to it, as if anyone would just let it go for however long its getting repaired for and not check up on it.

I wish they had taken the car out of that shop, the job might have been done better, and quicker.

If the car is out of my hands why did I get the chop for my rims and tyres being stolen when the car was not in my hands but in their hands?

See what i mean its getting very two headed.

I'm just really angry right now, that prob comes off too much in this post, I'm not taking a dig at you Adz... it's just very frustrating.
I'd be taking the rims matter to court once you get the car back. I know for certain my uncle (qualified auto sparky) whom continues to work on race cars / specialized Porsche's etc etc is liable for ANY damage/loss done to a car whilst in his possession. When speedworks scratched the front bumper on my tx3 - they immediately paid for it to be repaired.. thats what their insurance is for!

The time period thing happens ALL the time - i dont think there would be many people here that haven't put their car in for an engine build/spray job/panel beating that would have gotten their car back. No doubt - they'd start on yours - get more work in - shift to that and put ur car back in the corner. Unfortunately its a growing trend in WA

Unfortunately you are at a point where its too far into the repair process where you cant do too much about it - take it all as a learning experience. I'd be trying to sort out the deal with the rims whilst the car is no longer in their shop.. and be in contact with Subaru to give you other options in regards to fixing the airbag issue.
Old 31-10-2007, 11:16 PM
Flat Four Father

mr_psi at standard level
Send a message via MSN to mr_psi

one thing you need to know how insurance companies work.... they are very quick to send you reminders and notices that your insurance is due to be paid which is two months in advance on most occasions....

however, when it comes time for the insurance company to pay out be very patient as it is no big rush and you will have to organise most the things yourself inc. all the checkups as you are going through right now....

i wish you all the best to receive the car back just how you like it with everything functioning as it should however, i dont think it will be before christmas
Old 31-10-2007, 11:22 PM
Sir AntiLag

uglycong at standard level

rac also told me to go over the pits when I had my exhaust done.

sorry to hear about your car.
Old 31-10-2007, 11:47 PM
STI Master

SilentKilla at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprotest
RAC would go lower than SGIO but as [saturation] has mentioned, PITA when is comes to modifications.

I am miffed as to why upgrading brakes should cost me more, surely I am adding safety?

We digress though, to OP, I hope the situation can be sorted swiftly, and with a lot less pain than has already been endured!

Cheers,
Nik
Its more to do with the fact that the person behind you wont have a chance if you brake hard, not the actual brakes themselves.
Old 31-10-2007, 11:49 PM
Flat Four Father

muggz at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentKilla
Its more to do with the fact that the person behind you wont have a chance if you brake hard, not the actual brakes themselves.
w00t .. so drums brakes are the new flava then!!
Old 01-11-2007, 12:09 AM
STI Master

Adz at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentKilla
I thought it was more to do with the fact ur no longer using factory brakes. Hence replacing them becomes a) more expensive and b) harder to source (unknown workshop trying to work out what specific brakes you have)
Old 01-11-2007, 12:22 AM
Subaru Tech Division

vyper at standard level

Could be worth an inspection by a non-biased contractor when the car comes back.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:32 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

ray.ray at standard level

Megs sorry to hear about what happened, but you're handling it really well......most of us guys in here would have lost it 4 months ago and gone on a rampage - drinkin piss, pissing and farting like mad till the insurer couldnt bare the stench and shit coming out of every hole. your persistance in this ordeal shows you're a die hard rex lover...like most of us in here hang on there girl.

Last edited by ray.ray; 01-11-2007 at 12:42 AM.

Tags
finally, naming, shaming