Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-10-2007, 08:53 PM
Subaru Tech Division

TopGear at standard level

I find it bit bs that there isnt a wrx seat in aust or Japan wtf!
Old 31-10-2007, 09:27 PM
Sir AntiLag

megs_wrx at standard level
Send a message via MSN to megs_wrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopGear
I find it bit bs that there isnt a wrx seat in aust or Japan wtf!
seats not a problem, like i said the majority of the parts can be sourced from Aus or in Japan but... the wiring harness has to be manufactured, they don't just stock them... its rare for them to break... from what i gather it only happens in a severe accident and usually the car is written off and therefore don't have to bother replacing one. But I'm not an expert.

Ginger Ninja...
Old 31-10-2007, 09:45 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

krazcool at standard level

Sorry to hear about your experience so far Megs. I was glad that my accident was looked after and fixed up real fast. I'm with Just Car as well. I guess I don't really have too much choice when it comes to having a modified car. Especially for something that's as simple as a BOV, which most insurers deems it "Illegal"
Old 31-10-2007, 09:57 PM
Subaru Tech Division

WRXTASY at standard level

Jesus Megs, Plaza Smash Repairs in Welshpool should go out of business for gross incompetance....
How Just Cars allowed it to get that far is beyond belief. Especially after that dodgy as theft of your wheels.

If I were you looking at up to a 4 month wait I would personally be getting the part number that needs to be manufactured and cross reference that number to see if its the same as an RS Impreza loom from the same model year. Surely the RS would have side airbags as well.

If it is the same part number pop up to JWS and see if the 06/07 RS or similar they have there has an unlpug-able loom you can procure.

I'm crossing my fingers for ya.

Last edited by WRXTASY; 31-10-2007 at 10:03 PM.
Old 31-10-2007, 10:06 PM
STI Master

Adz at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazcool
Especially for something that's as simple as a BOV, which most insurers deems it "Illegal"
Both your insurance company AND the state government deem that to be illegal!

It's the automotive industry in general, ALOT of the good honest hard workers are long gone, plenty of cowboys in the industry atm. Easy enough to screw people over, push the paper work around a little bit. Delays are a common occurance its just unfortunate they've broken bits in the process.

End of the day, you pranged it, they're fixing it. There's never a given "FIXED" period for which they have to have it back to you. Panel beater (A) was unfortunate as a result of them being incompetent - by the sounds of it - they have a decent painter.. and a 15 year old lacky that pulls the cars down and throws the bolts back together!
Old 31-10-2007, 10:16 PM
Subaru Tech Division

DarkMoose at standard level

^^
Spot on adz, i love it when people complain about shit that is set in law, lolz.

As for krazcool, get a clue.
Old 31-10-2007, 10:22 PM
Sign me up!
uh oh

gumby at standard level
Send a message via MSN to gumby

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturation
word of warning on RAC, they wanted me to go over the pits when i installed my cat-back.

When it comes to mods theyre a pifa.

pfft first i heard of this. I have repeatedly been told they dont give a toss about a mod as its not likely to attribute to damage, or excess wear to the vehicle, or damage other property.
Also only care if you want the mod insured, so if you crash your car, they replace that part, and not a stock part.
Verified this several times, so I dont know who you were speaking to in regards to the exhaust. They have mine on my policy,. but its not covered for replacement. (didnt want it to be as it cost me more)

Back on topic..... Sorry to hear megan, have you thought of legal action against the smash repair, or, get in contact with someone like Today Tonight, they usually like to do stories like this, although it wont help you get your car back sooner, least it will shame the repairer big time.

I hope the parts come sooner than estimated.
Old 31-10-2007, 10:32 PM
STI Master

Adz at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby2006
Back on topic..... Sorry to hear megan, have you thought of legal action against the smash repair, or, get in contact with someone like Today Tonight, they usually like to do stories like this, although it wont help you get your car back sooner, least it will shame the repairer big time.

I hope the parts come sooner than estimated.
What is to take action against? Everything they have done wrong is in the process of being justified. The only reason megan knows about all of this - was because she rang and found out each of the things.. Keeping in mind they dont have to give her the car back till its ready, Just Car could have been 10x worse and simply pulled it out from one shop and taken it to another, and told her.. you'll get the call when its ready.

To put it simply - the panel beaters are doing the work for the insurance company - NOT for you.. it does you NO good contacting them at any stage.. and when the panel beaters are finished - it gets inspected by the insurance company as they place a guarantee on the work done.. at this point.. its out of your hands. You paid just cars 2.5k of your money - they've probably spent in excess of 5-10k on the repairs to date - i'd be certain they'd want it dealt with sooner than later.
Old 31-10-2007, 10:36 PM
Sir AntiLag

megs_wrx at standard level
Send a message via MSN to megs_wrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz
End of the day, you pranged it, they're fixing it. There's never a given "FIXED" period for which they have to have it back to you. Panel beater (A) was unfortunate as a result of them being incompetent - by the sounds of it - they have a decent painter.. and a 15 year old lacky that pulls the cars down and throws the bolts back together!
Ok so no "Fixed" period, I understand that... but 8 months!!! You have got to be kidding me. You have to see where I'm coming from... it just seems to be one thing after another.

Ginger Ninja...
Old 31-10-2007, 10:39 PM
Flat Four Father

mr_psi at standard level
Send a message via MSN to mr_psi

Mitsubishi Evo IX ftw...

thanks

Tags
finally, naming, shaming