Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-10-2005, 07:34 AM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXRW
ease up on the dood....bad nuff he just trashed his car, has to hear smart-ass comments from the likes of you lot.....so what, he had an accident, no one here can say they have a perfect clean straight car.

i had two big accidents in the rex, you fix it, move on and hopefully learn from your mistakes. public roads are dangerous concrete jungles, come unstuck, its not soft grass run off or a rubber cone to hit, but solid traffic calming 'destroying' devices. you have road conditions that are forever changing, clapped out aussie motoring icons (yet these things never get pulled over or defected) that dump oil, grease and fuel over the place, you come in, don't have to be boy racing either, and before you realise, your facing backwards but not before youve pinballed from kerb to kerb doin some serious damage. TILT
Yeah fuckn oath, this will become another rw thread in no time! Some of these threads are worse than watching fucking days of our lives!!

Anyway Wai, sorry to hear about it mate. I did a similar thing a while back, however my damage was a little more extensive than that. I hope it gets a speedy recovery and you are back to enjoying the car in no time!
Old 26-10-2005, 07:35 AM
Sir AntiLag

Bruce at standard level

bingles happen almost daily on this forum...rarely happens twice to the same person though!

hope you resolve the repairs with minimal fuss.

all the best.
Old 26-10-2005, 09:01 AM
Subaru Tech Division

207 de at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXRW
ease up on the dood....bad nuff he just trashed his car, has to hear smart-ass comments from the likes of you lot.....so what, he had an accident, no one here can say they have a perfect clean straight car.

i had two big accidents in the rex, you fix it, move on and hopefully learn from your mistakes. public roads are dangerous concrete jungles, come unstuck, its not soft grass run off or a rubber cone to hit, but solid traffic calming 'destroying' devices. you have road conditions that are forever changing, clapped out aussie motoring icons (yet these things never get pulled over or defected) that dump oil, grease and fuel over the place, you come in, don't have to be boy racing either, and before you realise, your facing backwards but not before youve pinballed from kerb to kerb doin some serious damage. TILT
speaking of facing backwards, a Red Corolla went 180deg on the Settlers Hill roundabout heading East, (one before HJ's...where you can see the run-off from many a preson coming unstuck : P) about two cars in front of me last break.

Old story, cheap car, shit tires, wet road, too fast.

Happy to say the only time my car came round on me too far was when I had a rush of blood and decided to use the handbrake to turn a 90deg+ corner.
Old 26-10-2005, 09:33 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

RexcellentSTi at standard level

Sorry to hear that Wai. Good that you are big enough to admit that you have had an accident... many would keep quiet.

Yeah I agree driver training is a great idea. Drivers should always get the feel for a hi po car and never drive beyond their own capabilities.
Old 26-10-2005, 09:51 AM
Sir AntiLag

WRXTATIC at standard level

Ditto WAI, bad luck bud.....but you walked away from it so take the experience as a win.
Old 26-10-2005, 09:56 AM
Flat Four Father

mr_psi at standard level
Send a message via MSN to mr_psi

sorry to hear dude...

whats the repairs gonna cost?
Old 26-10-2005, 10:10 AM
www.dilettante.net

EXPLICIT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to EXPLICIT

It can happen soooo easily......i was close to kerb hopping this morning on the way to work. LH turn onto fwy on ramp from cedric st, greasy corner, car came arse out without a hint of weight transfer or even high entry speed. Knowing how to react instantly is worth booking a defensive drive day....................

..................(or porsche stability management - its literallly dickhead proof)
Old 26-10-2005, 10:18 AM
STI Master

wai at standard level
Send a message via MSN to wai

the interesting thing is... i have take tht L corner many time at the same speed.
and the awd kicked in fine.. which i can feel
but this time for some reason there was no awd ....tires start to screech..
perfect weather, dry turmic abt 90k. the only differnece from the pervious turn was that i was accerlerating as i turned...
do u guy this this is the cost of the slide? or could it be something with the awd sys?
also the slide was not from the back like if u were to drift... the front was sliding.

damages are minimal.. but is probably not drivable at the moment.
the front left lower arm needs to be replaced.
rims need to be fixed.. i dont knw if they are bent as well. but big scratchs.
the bumper came off with a few broken rings but.. is fine in apperance.

do u guys think the car will drive the same again.. after replacing all the required parts and a wheel alingment.. or will it not be as good as it was original.
Old 26-10-2005, 10:22 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Jimmah at standard level

Whats with all this talk about hi po cars, I thought this was the perth wrx forum,
I must be lost, sorry!
Old 26-10-2005, 10:23 AM
Flat Four Father

mr_psi at standard level
Send a message via MSN to mr_psi

understeer?

Tags
damaged, wai