Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2005, 08:20 PM
Sign me up!
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

trainwrex at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary
Sorry to hear dude.

Out of interest did the original engine builder carry out all the work on the engine and ancillaries ie tuning?
last I heard about this engine there is a 3rd workshop who carried out work in the engine bay.
I am not pointing fingers or championing anyone either and I think the whole situation is shit for you and you should be entitled to some recompense but who the hell are you supposed to get it from???
The person who built it??
The person who tuned it at any stage???
the person who did work on the engine prior to it's sale other than the engine builder???
the person who assembled your engine after you purchased it???
the last tuner who touched it???

Unfortunately this is the risk everyone takes when buying second hand from ANYONE.

And it would to a point advocate getting everything done at the one place so the one workshop can be held responsible.

Bite the bullet and pull the engine out so you may be able to have some satisfaction as to what is really wrong with it.
Hey mate.. without opening the engine up its hard to point any fingers.. id say it has nothing to do with the tune as the pistons seem to be fine, and if there was some knocking then the pistons would have been damaged in some way.. The same tuner, completed both tunes on this engine.

The engine was not touched in any way... it was just ripped out of one car and put into the other... thus the orignal engine builder was the only one that played with the engine. The 3rd workshop only installed the turbo kit and again had nothing to do with assembling the engine.

The leakdown tests suggests its something to do with the rings either in installation or not bedded properly.. The same behaviour or characteristics of this engine was seen from the previous owners dyno graphs, but we just put it down to a flow restriction from the many 'supposed' gurus. However the leakdown test showed wot was really wrong.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:32 AM
STI Master

STi Tuned at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXRW
The original engine builder should be held accountable. I would pay for parts, but make them absorb all the labour costs or at least come to some sort of compromise where both parties are satisfied, without having to resort to legal intervention.
I'd be going with exactly that.

If that doesn't get you any satisfaction start naming names on this & any other forum your a member of.

These workshops are nothing if not their reputation. Be the last rex rebuild they do in a while & rightly so.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:00 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

aDe at standard level

Oh shit you should've checked it before otherwise if it's still new and only ran less kms why whould the 1st seller selling it? a bit dodgy. Why not try to speak with the seller tino see if you can get something to work out? it's pain in the ass
Old 09-12-2005, 04:27 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

ade you probably didnt read the thread but the 'anonymous seller' and tino have been comunication for quite some time, plus there was a good reason for the sale.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:01 PM
Sign me up!
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

trainwrex at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by aDe
Oh shit you should've checked it before otherwise if it's still new and only ran less kms why whould the 1st seller selling it? a bit dodgy. Why not try to speak with the seller tino see if you can get something to work out? it's pain in the ass
Jester hit it on the head ade.. I have been talking to the seller about this situation since day one. His reason for selling was legit
Old 09-12-2005, 07:11 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

aDe at standard level

Ah ok my bad, i know i've been in your situation bfore but it's less $$$, ended up with no cash and throwing the item, hehe, anyway Good Luck Tino u shud always get what you paid for
Old 09-12-2005, 07:19 PM
STI Master

LegacyGT at standard level

shoulda followed the flava of the year... jun engine.

Tags
buy, count, don’t, hand, trainwrex