Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-03-2011, 11:42 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

waxdass at standard level
Send a message via MSN to waxdass

My old STi is back up for sale on carsales... lets see how long that takes lol.
Old 30-03-2011, 11:47 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

easytiger at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
It's got me stuffed why you guys want to sell them at all.
must agree
you never get anything close back as to what you've spent on it and the next car you buy you have to do it all again to get it to a standard you are used to/happy with

Old 30-03-2011, 11:53 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

mike 09 at standard level

The used market is in the worst shape it's been in for many years. The Australian used car market is under pressure because:

* New cars are cheaper and better than ever before.

* Our market is beginning to rationalise like o/seas markets due to the above fact. Most of our cars are worth less than we think. Hence, cars sitting for months on car sales.

* GFC and a severe lack of consumer confidence. Also massive tightening of auto finance approvals.

* WA prices have been artifically higher for decades, the internet and cheaper transport = people buying o/east and once again WA sellers have to make sure they are asking the right $$$.

In the case of the WRX some ideas:

* Fuel economy is becoming such an (at times false) issue that it is converting some would-be enthusiasts towards turbo diesels and more sensible cars.

* Perth is such a nanny state with draconian hoon laws and cameras everywhere + traffic congestion increasing.

* People don't want to be seen as "hoons" - due to media sensationalism.

* WRX is a younger car generally speaking and young people were hit hard with GFC employment downturn. Insuring/financing/running costs of WRX...

* So many of them are modded to the extreme due to increased access and popularity of doing so. Reliability/legal concerns.

* WRX not as relevant due to no high profile motorsport involvement.

2010 Hatch
267 hp & 425nm ASG Dyno.
Old 30-03-2011, 12:41 PM
Subaru Tech Division

pete gopal at standard level

I'll put it from the buyers perspective:

Best one on pwrx at the moment (no too many betties on sale) would be scaries mates 06 sti, sure it's silver (not my favourite colour) and has this annoying sticker on the side but $32k for 06 sti with mild mods and low kms seems good.

Then again boxorbeast's 05sti looks very good, last of the 207s and low kms but $38k!

there's even a v5 sti for $31k, sure enough it’s a rare item but it’s modified, engine changed etc I’d pay that much for an unmodified factory v5 sti.

Generally, low kms are the main thing and biggest turn off - engine rebuilts and replacements. Why? First thing that comes to your mind as a buyer - “wft did you do to the car for the engine to die so quick?” I know this statement isn’t always true but from a buyers perspective that’s the first thing that comes to mind. Especially the ones where you replaced/rebuilt the engine ONLY 5000kms ago. Questions that come up are: why selling so fast after spending so much on the engine? Is it because you went on a cheap rebuilt job/received a dodgy replacement and now want to flog it off?”

New toy has arrived, 1/4 mile in 11.2 sec and only 114hp!
Old 30-03-2011, 03:24 PM
Sign me up!
IMPREZA STi S204

JDM_STYLE at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy S View Post
It's also Automatic though...
Yep dumbed down version of the SST I believe but all he mentioned was AwD, turbo and $45k.

221.7KW-ATW 498.5NM MMS ROLLER DYNO & BUILT BY STi NINJAS, BUILD #318/600

EBISU SUBARU, SHIBUYA-KU TOKYO
Old 30-03-2011, 05:17 PM
STI Master

[I 86 I] at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete gopal View Post
I'll put it from the buyers perspective:

Best one on pwrx at the moment (no too many betties on sale) would be scaries mates 06 sti, sure it's silver (not my favourite colour) and has this annoying sticker on the side but $32k for 06 sti with mild mods and low kms seems good.

Then again boxorbeast's 05sti looks very good, last of the 207s and low kms but $38k!

there's even a v5 sti for $31k, sure enough it’s a rare item but it’s modified, engine changed etc I’d pay that much for an unmodified factory v5 sti.

Generally, low kms are the main thing and biggest turn off - engine rebuilts and replacements. Why? First thing that comes to your mind as a buyer - “wft did you do to the car for the engine to die so quick?” I know this statement isn’t always true but from a buyers perspective that’s the first thing that comes to mind. Especially the ones where you replaced/rebuilt the engine ONLY 5000kms ago. Questions that come up are: why selling so fast after spending so much on the engine? Is it because you went on a cheap rebuilt job/received a dodgy replacement and now want to flog it off?”
^^^^^ This!!
I had been looking for a wrx for ages, and the above mentioned reasons are EXACTLY what steered me away from alot of wrx's for sale. I was more than happy to pay $13k for a non modified log booked MY00.
Old 30-03-2011, 05:56 PM

BALISTC knows their stuff

There are so many people on here who think that cars are priced way too high.

As a result, I am very much looking forward to a few $10,000 GD STi's and $3k GC8's for sale from these people.

Yeah, didn't think so

Putting the price higher and taking lower offers is a standard sales technique... It allows people to keep control of the ultra low ballers. Same goes for houses and anything else that's negotiable!
Old 30-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Jordiee at standard level

there's cars that people think are priced too high, and cars that are priced too high

i'm not saying yours is priced too high joe, there are just some morons out there that are genuinely on crack, or purposely waiting for the equally moronic buyer who they can rip off.

don't want to spur on the crackheads
Old 30-03-2011, 06:02 PM

BALISTC knows their stuff

Nah I'm not saying that anyone has said my car is priced too high.. just saying that there is a lot of pots calling the kettle black in this thread
Old 30-03-2011, 06:13 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

zmk at standard level

Who exactly are the "crack pipe cunts" in this thread Jordiee? :S

Tags
hard, sell, wrx