Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-08-2012, 06:32 AM
Scoobie Noobie

robs.mark at standard level
Default New here, need help with bugeye sti please!

Hey everybody,

I just bought an 02 sti from a holden dealership. I've been looking for one for a while and this one came up that ticked all the boxes, pretty standard with some subtle mods. I had some problems taking delivery of the car as it threw up an engine light. Holden did the right thing and sent it to Subaru; who cleared the code, apparently an 02 sensor (according to the salesman) they put it down o a dirty throttle body (I was sceptical). When I received the car on Tuesday it threw the light up again, after I spoke the Holden they told me to take it to subaru and they would resolve the bill. I can't do this unroll next week as I fifo and I'm away ATM. The car drives fine, has done 147,000k with a subaru service history and is in very good condition ( I'm assuming it's been well looked after. It has an x-force turbo back exhaust, dump valve and an after market pod filter. On the way to the airport this morning I filled her with 98 as it says on the filler cap, and I thought I wonder if holden filled it with 91 thus causing this problem. What is your opinion on this? Thanks, Mark.

Tags
bugeye, sti