Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-10-2012, 06:17 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

jaygee at standard level
Default How Low is LOW?

Hey guys,

So i'm planning to lower my wrx 2001 but I am not sure how the system works realistically. In terms of documents I've read a couple things here and there and they say that as long as it is 100mm above the ground it's fine or a maximum height chance of 50mm. But as I give places a call they say that 50mm is illegal and the legal height change is 30mm (to lower).

Essentially, I am directing this towards those who know a lot about height modifications and the legal system or who have a lowered car and have experienced any form of hassle from the law. I've heard a lot of people just get away with it, I know my friend drives his car pretty low (can't really remember how low) he acts like he doesn't know a thing and get's away with it. I'd like to know more experiences and knowledge on this before I make the decision to modify my springs.

Also, I am speaking to those who own a low car (not necessarily wrx):

1. do you carry certificates? (if I do end up having to get one, do any of you's know someone who is qualified to inspect for a lower price? they want $90 bux just to see if it's compliant).
2. Have you ever been pulled over? (constantly/once)?
3. Where did you get yours done and how much? (I got a quote from wilkinsons for about $620 with low king springs, this gives only a 30mm height decrease =[ forgot to ask them about the super low's but according to pedders and wilkinsons that's illegal =/).

that's the kinda look i'm going for. (But mine will be slightly higher), also without the hideous roof racks.

Any advice/help/knowledge would be appreciated.

cheers

Last edited by jaygee; 15-10-2012 at 06:44 PM.

Tags
low, lower, springs