Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-07-2006, 02:01 PM
Flat Four Father

NVRENUF at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXTASY
$385 for an Intank Replacement Walbro Fuel pump is a bloody rip off!!!!!

They can be had on Ebay (GSS342) for approx. $170 inc postage and are a piece of piss to install yourself.

I would seriously wait for AVO to get their act together on their reflash tune.
$795 for a custom tune plus dyno time.

See this link if you have not already read it.
http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/showthre...1&page=2&pp=10

I suspect that ECUTek prices will finally start dropping now there is some competition in the market.
Finally..... they were an overpriced ripoff in the first place.

J
so u reakon i should wait ??
Old 29-07-2006, 02:26 PM
Flat Four Father

mr_psi at standard level
Send a message via MSN to mr_psi

haha to fit a pump.. specially a walbro takes about 20 seconds providing it is out of the car... LOL! just use the stock sock because the aftermarket ones are shit!
Old 29-07-2006, 02:29 PM
Sign me up!
Barge Master

pmh at standard level

Mate, i think this is one decision you should make and then stick to it. No point going back and forth due to several different opionions that has been said here.

Ultimately, decide what you want to achieve with the car. Then decide on the mods, including the ECU and stick to it. You'll never get anywhere if you keep changing your mind. There's always something out there which will be seen as better than what is there now. Its like buying a PC, its always an evolving technology
Old 29-07-2006, 04:05 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

ALOGT at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmh
Mate, i think this is one decision you should make and then stick to it. No point going back and forth due to several different opionions that has been said here.

Ultimately, decide what you want to achieve with the car. Then decide on the mods, including the ECU and stick to it. You'll never get anywhere if you keep changing your mind. There's always something out there which will be seen as better than what is there now. Its like buying a PC, its always an evolving technology
I agree,decide what you want to achieve with the car.There are many diferent track,s you can go down to reach the same result.What ever ECU you end up going with weather it be Autronic,Motec,Unichip,Utec ect,If the TUNER is not up to the job you will end up not happy .
Tony
Old 29-07-2006, 09:01 PM
Flat Four Father

Thanks guys for the advice.. thats all i needed much better than people just pulling the piss lol... which ever way i go.. ill be doing it in about 3 weeks when i get some time off work... so ill make a choice... Thanks
tim
Old 31-07-2006, 11:44 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

e-rex-shon at standard level

It think some people have made a pretty valid point here though. If the re-flash market is opening up and ecu-tek no longer have a monopoly, then competition will increase and prices will go down. That's simple supply and demand economics.

If you are going with the autronic then probably no need to wait, but if you are considering a re-flash then why not wait a while and see how the market develops. I would kick myself if I spent over $2000 on a re-flash only to find out that if I waited a month or so more I could have got the same service for over a grand less. Still it's your money..............

Last edited by e-rex-shon; 31-07-2006 at 12:50 PM.
Old 31-07-2006, 12:29 PM
coming back in 2011

Intra at standard level

Not really.

You are paying for... Dyno time, tuner experience and a few other factors too.

Because the flashing stuff is off-line tuning.. its do a run... look at log... make changes... reflash... do a run... look at log... make a change..

so... the process is slow as well.

Meaning more $$$$$$$ overall!
Old 31-07-2006, 02:24 PM
Subaru Tech Division

werticusness is unrated

tuning is all about the tuner as well
Old 16-08-2006, 09:00 PM
Flat Four Father

ok well i still have my unichip for sale its on ebay if any one interested. complete with harness and all.

i pulled up carpet and ecu cover to run some wires for stereo and found a unichip already in the car. very stange never new the hole time it was in there. must have been in there the past 3 years previous owner didnt even know it was there.

took it to tim slako to have it checked said it was one of the best tunes he has seen but not sure who tuned it. so i got him to retune it to 18psi now running very nice. cant be that bad if its been in there that long and no problems.

so bit of a bonus, selling the unichip i bought before now.. and then when i got the cash to get stand alone ecu ill pull this one out. was talkign to tim about motec he saying was only $3800 installed now. so very close to what people want for autronics
is, he also talking about closed loop on the wrxs closed and open loop somthing about revs and emisions and basically motec will correct any of that.
Old 16-08-2006, 09:42 PM
STI Master

confuzion at standard level

Nice bonus!!!
I just bought a unichip hoping to get it on soon. Whats Slako like? How much power if you dont mind me asking and mods? Cheers

Tags
unichip