Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree310Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-12-2015, 11:37 AM
Scoobie Noobie

garst at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan [GTI] View Post
Most amateur stuff (MC Motorsport, Collie, Antilag Supercruise) you only require a valid drivers license, fire extinguisher, helmet and long shirt / pants. So nothing ridiculous, plus once you make the initial purchase you can re-use the over and over again.

EDIT: myself and a few friends are booked into a Tuning Day on 15/01/2016 so any extra Dak Dak attendance would be appreciated.
Agreed the initial outlay isn't brutal, but ongoing costs look like they add up, like tyres and brakes, etc.

Would love to get around it but got a couple of other things coming up I need to save for. Hopefully I'll be able to get down for some laps in future.

Also, 10/10 skid.

Last edited by garst; 13-12-2015 at 11:50 AM.
Old 13-12-2015, 02:08 PM
Subaru Tech Division

nick73 is a gurunick73 is a guru

Just in case you missed it.

phizzle, RUSSGT, TROLLEY and 11 others like this.
GTB Liberty (16-12-2015)
Old 13-12-2015, 05:30 PM
STI Master

amtrapid knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
Happy to be involved in revamp and possibly formation of an unofficial committee of sorts to get some traction with the forum again. Afaik, stace is still in charge of the website, hopefully we can get in touch with him to make some changes.

This forum has always been crowd funded and managed by members, so I'm sure if we get the right people involved and pushing things in the right direction, we can bring it back to its former glory.

Yep happy to help also , I started a page with a few other Pwrx members due to the ease of use of social media on different platforms as opposed to Net based forums using Tapatalk etc and not wanting to use SOWA. Im a paying Pdiddy forum supporter and believe the biggest thing that has turned the amount of users down is the ease of facebook vs Forum on mobile devices.

Even at home a large amount of people still use tablets or their phone to access the internet Vs 5 yrs ago when Pc's were still highly used. I think as Jezza and others have said its time for other people to step up and organise things as others have moved on in their lives with other commitments , cars, family etc.

I think a regular monthly meet would be great , even somewhere like RAC where we can have a run and during / after have some banter a feed and catch up . You dont have to run your car maybe turn up pay 10 bucks for a small feed and a beverage . Regular meeting bring people together and allow ideas to come to fruition by sharing and having feedback . It also allows us to help each other and get to know what people are like when not hiding behind a keyboard .

I believe the original founding members of this club started by having a regular meet and just having a banter . At the end of the day we are all on here for the love or interest of the same thing even though we may have different ways of experiencing or expressing that interest. As has been said dickwads dont last on here as the group its self weeds them out .

Who would be keen on a regular fortnight or monthly meet whether its at RAC or just somewhere for a feed and a chat central to North and South
Jezza, TROLLEY, Insome and 4 others like this.
Old 13-12-2015, 06:07 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Posibile at standard level

Just had to post on the back of that skid video... awesome

Def 10/10
Old 13-12-2015, 06:31 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

what tyres was he using? surely not motorsport tyres?
Old 13-12-2015, 07:51 PM
Flat Four Father

Jezza at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram View Post
what tyres was he using? surely not motorsport tyres?

I think they were nang kangs or something lol
Old 13-12-2015, 08:00 PM
Sign me up!
bug love

munya at standard level
Send a message via MSN to munya Send a message via Skype™ to munya

The tires on the day of that epic skid were the mighty LingLongs was a good day on the double skid pan session
Old 14-12-2015, 08:55 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

nauli knows their stuff

Things and people change over time and subsequently the number of posts on forums change as the old guard depart and new people come along...and then there are always others who find it necessary to make up their own chat group, FB group or forum...it's the way of the world. The same thing happened many years ago (I'm sure somebody here remembers the year) when some "disenchanted" members of the then "Impreza WRX Owners Club of WA" formed PWRX...as Tim says, there were some strained relationships between the two groups initially but over the years many WRX Club people (like me) joined the PWRX forum. The first WRX-related Club in WA was the WRX Owners Club of WA which was formed back in 1997/98...it was (and still is) an incorporated Club in WA with a constitution and membership fees...we the affiliated with Subaru Aust and like all the WRX Clubs in other states had to add "Impreza" to our name (sigh)....the Impreza was dropped some years ago and the name was also changed to what it is now...."WRX Club of WA"...the club is still affiliated with Subaru Aust and has been CAMS affiliated for many years. So this brings us back to PWRX...a number of years ago, we in the WRX (Owners) Club of WA realised that we and PWRX were different, but the difference was beneficial to both groups...so why should we try to have a Forum when PWRX had such a good one? Why should PWRX organise track days etc when WRX Club WA had CAMS affiliation and CAMS officials and plenty of events...so that's why PWRX members are always encouraged to jump on board with WRX Club WA events of which there are plenty during the year....Barbagallo, Collie, RAC etc.
And WRX Club WA has changed over the years too...there's now a completely new committee running things and there are some new events...many people have left the Club, but new members have come on board...just like PWRX. Many just join to get their CAMS licences...that's fine...many have sold their WRX's and moved on to other cars (like me with the Focus and Steve M with Lotus...both original members) but remain members.
So PWRX will change and evolve, but the Forum is still reasonably active and I'm sure will stay that way, so there's no need to stress...I encourage members here to take advantage of WRX Club WA events too.....
TROLLEY, Insome, nick73 and 5 others like this.
TROLLEY (14-12-2015)
Old 14-12-2015, 10:19 AM
STI Master

Damo69 at standard level

It is the way of forums these days, younger generations of kids just jump on the facebook groups as its all they know.

New members on antilag are few and far between and what separates antilag is its not specific to a make of car, it is just performance cars, so even if you sell your Subaru and buy SS Commodore or a Audi R8 it is still relevant to your interests.

Look at SAU WA – LOL it has not survived the test of time that’s for sure.

Granted Perth-Wrx became less and less of interest to myself once I got rid of my STI in 09? But I would still come back to check out the banter which used to be rife, Now it has gotten a little bit Helen Lovejoy, so just come past once every so often and check out that pommie newbie blokes build to see if he has an update, nothing else strikes a fancy.

Another thing regarding track days, very few of the younger generation are interested in hitting the track, it’s all about stance bra and drinking bubble tea. It’s a fashion, not a passion.

Have targeted young people twice in the above post, not an overall dig at all, just a few things I have noticed.
Dan [GTI], JRecardo and yang like this.

60.7 Long Track at Barbs
57.6 at RAC Reverse circuit.
Old 14-12-2015, 10:24 AM
STI Master

JRecardo at standard level

Have to agree with that, getting a lot of the people I know down to a track is like trying to get blood out of a stone. There's always an excuse, but the next carpark meet that pops up and you can bet you'll find them there. Quite amusing when they're willing to criticise the cars/drivers that actually get used.
SolarFilms likes this.
SolarFilms (14-12-2015)

Tags
club, future, pwrx