Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree310Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-12-2015, 01:03 AM
Flat Four Father

ALEX. knows their stuff

Hey all y'all.

It's very good to see some interest in getting things moving a bit more, and interesting to see rarely-posting members come out of the woodwork to share their thoughts and opinion about the forum. It shows you that while people may not post lots, they are looking.. hell it's it's midnight on Tuesday and there are 120+ people online right now.

Having been on here for nearly 9 years, I think that Perth-WRX isn't 'dying', it' just the typical ebbs and flows, ups and downs, weekly fuel-cycles… call it what you will :P
There's always just a handful of people that ever make anything happen, and when you go past that critical number that move on or slow down and nobody takes their place then things can stagnate, as they have here a bit lately. It's not anybody's fault – but if people want things to happen bad enough then they do something about it – as is happening now.

All I really want to say is that anybody involved in the… hmmm.. 'revitalisation' of Pdiddy SHOULD find it in their best interest to talk to the appropriate people who have been involved in this sort of thing before – for any of the events that would be planned. It can save time, save money, and help get the best outcome re: growing the community.
I also think that if a core group would like to get things rolling then a social meeting for all interested individuals should be held SOON. There are already Perth-WRX events being planned for early next year; let's plan them as best we can.

And I'm happy to be part of things! I'm on the WRX Club of WA committee; work at MC Motorsport (think 'RAC skid pans' for anyone who doesn't know it); and have been on here for nearly a decade so should be able to offer help from some of that.

Peace out.
AWDmoke, phizzle, TROLLEY and 9 others like this.
Old 16-12-2015, 07:40 AM
Subaru Tech Division

johnvk7 at standard level

Someone should update the banner, I know its only a little thing, but 2011 was a long time ago. PWRX is 15 years old this year. I would have thought that is a decent milestone
RichX and dnbosiris like this.
2010 XR5 Focus
06 Impreza Hatch 2.0i
Old 16-12-2015, 09:37 AM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

I started working on a new logo/sticker but got busy with school. Will try to revisit it again ASAP.
RichX likes this.
Old 16-12-2015, 10:07 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

nauli knows their stuff

How about you guys get rid of the stupid Mortgage Gallery ad & mug on the front page for a start....
RichX, RUSSGT and GTB Liberty like this.
Old 16-12-2015, 01:53 PM
Subaru Tech Division

REXXXED knows their stuff

You guys are just jealous of my boyish good looks!
lachy294 likes this.
Old 16-12-2015, 02:13 PM
Subaru Tech Division

REXXXED knows their stuff

Also keen for a re-vitalisation of some degree.
I'll admit, life has been getting in the way for me to hang on the forums as much as I used to.
Don't own the custard anymore either, which makes me a sad panda, however I will no doubt be back in a Subaru again (hopefully/eventually, a certain yellow one).

It's funny (and extremely petty), however, when I think back to it, the trigger that I remember to the decline in post count from the main P-Diddy members, was when a certain 'member' shat off enough people, ruined friday lunch gatherings etc for us to start a FB messenger chat to arrange lunch without them.
Should have just deleted him and moved on!

Oh well, all in the past, Never mind!
I have a feeling this place will bounce back, hopefully to it's former glory days!
The Following User Says Thank You to REXXXED For This Useful Post:
GTB Liberty (16-12-2015)
Old 16-12-2015, 03:02 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

Well my view is the best degenerates I ever met were on this forum and after the years I am happy to call many of you mates.

So ... organise away and as in the past I'll be the first one there and the last one to leave and I'll put my money where my mouth is.

PS - One "M" joke and you'll be off the mates list.
Old 16-12-2015, 03:15 PM
Sir AntiLag

lachy294 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB Liberty View Post
Well my view is the best degenerates I ever met were on this forum and after the years I am happy to call many of you mates.

So ... organise away and as in the past I'll be the first one there and the last one to leave and I'll put my money where my mouth is.

PS - One "M" joke and you'll be off the mates list.
But i want to see an m do a skid at RAC guess AD's will have to do
GTB Liberty and amtrapid like this.
Old 16-12-2015, 09:32 PM
Scoobie Noobie

QRSTUVWRX at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
I've noticed that most if not all of those who organised events on Pwrx in the past, no longer participate in any sort of organised event or activity any more.

Edit - and that's why we have to start the ball rolling and get people into it again...
I grew up in the country and noticed certain clubs and sports die because either;
1. The club grows older and new members don't join because of the demographic and find it hard to relate or fit in, or
2. The people who organise and run the clubs, have enough and eventually move on or stop organising things.

From what I have seen in the forums during the last few days, there is still a passion between members to keep PWRX going and I look forward to the future with this re-energised enthusiasm.

I am a fan of the forum rather than FB, since I find it either to browse the immense amount of information. I already spend way too much time on FB and I find it refreshing browsing the forum.

Lastly, I am sort of a newbie. Joined last year when I bought my GC8 however with an engine failure it kept me out for half a year deciding on what to do with it, however at the start of next year, she will be all guns blazing and ready to hit up some track days, cruises and a couple of drags.
Old 19-12-2015, 11:09 AM
Scoobie Noobie

SirLadz at standard level

I'm gonna help do my part here and in the new year will *hopefully* start with making a build/progress thread full of stuff which i'm going to making using 3d scanners and printers.

Right now i'm only going to be making stuff for bug eyes which will include brake ducts (similar to the forcewerkz ones) and fog light covers (solid sti type covers, not the mesh ultrex ones).

After i'm done with making those i'll start looking at other things car related such as canards, side pods and possibly a diffuser.
TROLLEY, Insome, Dan [GTI] and 4 others like this.

Tags
club, future, pwrx