Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-07-2006, 02:56 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

EvilCabbage at standard level
Default What to offer on MY04/05?

So this afternoon we're going to look at a MY04/05 Impreza. Late 04 build, plate in the engine bay reads 05.

it's black, a few minor stone scratches that will buff right out, overall good nick, 40,000klm on the clock. Best bit, I know the guy who traded it to the dealership so I know it's been nicely looked after during the 18 months he had it.

He was given $31,000 trade in by the dealership a few months ago when he got his X-trail, the dealer currently has a sticker of $36k on it. I'm thinking they paid him too much trade in (he tends to agree), but what kind of offer should we put forward?

With the market as it is (and WRXs aren't exactly rare...) just how hard should we be able to screw 'em down?

We'll be trading an 06 Mazda 2 Genki, that's probably a 'break even' prospect.

Thoughts?
Old 24-07-2006, 03:00 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

waxdass at standard level
Send a message via MSN to waxdass

They will obviously have to make some money off it, 40k kms on a 04/05 is above average. Id offer around 34
Old 24-07-2006, 03:01 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Booga at standard level

get a timemachine and buy it from your mate for 31K
Old 24-07-2006, 03:01 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

It's also been sitting on the lot for over 2 months. I'm wondering how desperate they may get.

It's a Ford dealership also and it's pretty clear that's where they make their bread and butter.
Old 24-07-2006, 03:33 PM

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Offer 33 500, they still make money, and you do pretty well.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 24-07-2006, 04:37 PM

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

well, used car salesmen, altho im sure they are really nice ppl.. are scum of all scum. U can always get a car for less than the advertised price, because, they intend on making a profit and expect to be haggled down a bit. My dad bought a falcon recently from a dealer. They were asking $18,990 for it. He ended up getting it for $15,500 and 4 new tyres. But the tactic he used is show your interested in the car, but not overly interested. Then when u tell them the price you want to pay.. in this case say.. $32,000 for example. When he says no, you just walk away, simple. If he comes chasing after you, then they are desperate to sell the car, if he doesn't, keep walking.

Couple of days later go back again. Offer $500 more... if he says no, Walk away again. I gaurantee he will come after you this time, he will remember your face, they always do!!

You should end up paying around $32,500 - $33,000

(P.S: I have nothing against used car salesmen, they are just doing their job!)
Old 24-07-2006, 06:02 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPreSiV
well, used car salesmen, altho im sure they are really nice ppl.. are scum of all scum.
Yes they are

So I went in, said: "I want at least 17 trade in, and I'll give you 33 for that WRX"

Guy #1 said "OK, let's do it".

We go inside, do paperwork, all looking good.

Guy #2 gets involved, dicks around on the phone, etc... comes back and says "Well, we'll give you 14 for your car and we need to come up a few grand on the wrx"

When he said "14" I laughed out loud.. I think that might have been a deal breaker :P

But it came down to "well, I'm not moving, so we do this deal or we buy in Perth", and apparently they'd rather keep the car on the lot a bit longer and have us buy from somebody else.

Suits us.
Old 24-07-2006, 06:38 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCabbage
Yes they are

So I went in, said: "I want at least 17 trade in, and I'll give you 33 for that WRX"

Guy #1 said "OK, let's do it".

We go inside, do paperwork, all looking good.

Guy #2 gets involved, dicks around on the phone, etc... comes back and says "Well, we'll give you 14 for your car and we need to come up a few grand on the wrx"

When he said "14" I laughed out loud.. I think that might have been a deal breaker :P

But it came down to "well, I'm not moving, so we do this deal or we buy in Perth", and apparently they'd rather keep the car on the lot a bit longer and have us buy from somebody else.

Suits us.

hahaha their loss!!!

You can bust dealers most of the time. The pink slip was asking $36K for my WRX at the time, ended up securing it for $24K and traded it 2 years later for $26.500

The dealership will be going down the "he will be back, he is in love with the car" line and when they soon find out that you indeed are not going to go down that path they will be kicking themselves so hard.
Old 24-07-2006, 06:41 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

vidler101 at standard level
Send a message via MSN to vidler101

i looked at used jeep wrangler at toyota ways in balcatta on wanneroo rd... sticker on the windscreen was $29990... only mods was an exhaust and some off road tyres...

i said a was interested but considering you can get a brand new jeep for that price (was an 03) i said i wouldnt pay that... got em down to 24 for shits and giggles then walked off. never had an intention of buying the car just some fun
Old 24-07-2006, 10:46 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN682
hahaha their loss!!!

You can bust dealers most of the time. The pink slip was asking $36K for my WRX at the time, ended up securing it for $24K and traded it 2 years later for $26.500

The dealership will be going down the "he will be back, he is in love with the car" line and when they soon find out that you indeed are not going to go down that path they will be kicking themselves so hard.
That's it hey

It's like "Well sparky, you can sign that and get the car off your lot, or you can have it sit there for another two months. If it doesn't leave with me, you'll never see me again.. :P "

Tags
my04 or 05, offer