Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion > Insurance Experiences
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2008, 03:24 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Adr3naL1N at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Adr3naL1N

just cars were cheaper then rac for my my00 wrx
Old 06-09-2008, 05:38 PM
Sir AntiLag

megs_wrx at standard level
Send a message via MSN to megs_wrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr3naL1N
just cars were cheaper then rac for my my00 wrx
Cheaper... but what was the excess fee like?

JuniorWrecks... sounds like you were pretty lucky!!!!

Ginger Ninja...
Old 06-09-2008, 06:06 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by megs_wrx
Cheaper... but what was the excess fee like?

JuniorWrecks... sounds like you were pretty lucky!!!!
only slightly more then RAC, but i dont get it all rac are fucked, my premium over the last 4 years hasnt gone down at all since i was 19 then now 23. people same asge as me same record and car on here paying 800 less then me through rac, i just got my renweal and they want 1400, prolly wil give them a call and ask em why? but i dunno.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:59 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

elemist at standard level
Send a message via MSN to elemist

I had issues with JC as well. I had someone back into me in a carpark. They accepted the claim with no issues, however the repairs is where i had the issue.

They went with the cheapest repairer, and not suprisingly i had issues from there on in...

I booked the car in and requested a loan car, at which i was told i would have to wait a couple of weeks until it would become available. After 6 months of calling 3-4 times a week they finally managed to book it in. I should mention during this time i made numerous complaints to JC, however because the repairer could book me in without a loan car within a week or two they claimed there was nothing they could do.

Once i got the car back, i wasn't impressed to find they had only resprayed one half of the bumper, even though i had agreed with the assessor they would spray the whole thing. I called the repairer who basically told me i had to deal with JC.

Spoke with JC who said they don't keep records of the quotes and i would have to speak with the assessor as to what the agreement was. But since it had been over 6 months there was no chance he would have remembered.

In the end i gave up. Probably should have kept hassling them, but in the end they had done a good job at blending the paint. Annoyingly however, about 4 months afterwards the clear coat started pealing off and it had to go back, after another 3 month wait for a loan car.

The final straw was when i put an exhaust on my car. When i rang JC to add it onto my policy they told me it would be an extra $60 per year, and they would be sending me out a bill for it.

Once i received my renewal notice i rang around for a few quotes. Most people wouldn't insure a WRX with the driver under 25.

Ended up with RAC, their policy was an extra $100 per year, however i also opted for loan car and the extras.

I've since made a couple of claims through RAC and apart from problems with my excess (which they refused to return until they could identify the other driver) they have been great. I recieved my renewal notice in the post a couple of weeks back and the policy had dropped by like 45% per year. Extremely pleased with them so far...

Other thing i looked at

JC Excess = $1400
RAC = $650
Old 07-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Sir AntiLag

megs_wrx at standard level
Send a message via MSN to megs_wrx

Adr3naL1N - Can see where your coming from with RAC, have you called them at a different time to see if a different person will give you another quote? RAC ended up suggesting I should go under my parents names (They both have 10% each and I am 80% driver) I only pay $1500 a year. But yeah I would give them another call and see if they can do any better.

Elemist - You should have kept hassling. I called them every day, and if I couldn't my Mum did. I doubt JC, the assessor on my case and his boss will ever forget me or my car!

Ginger Ninja...
Old 07-09-2008, 11:28 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

DVSLYQUIK at standard level
Default Just Car Insurance

Ihad just car on my BF XR8 which was insured for 48k$ bought for 50k$ had 1 prang which wasnt my fualt, lady reversed into the side of my car, completly mangled the front drivers side wheels arch panel and drivers door had to use passengers to get in and out, also killed the rim, took 1 phone call and it was booked in to get fixed and was 2 weeks till it could be fitted in then 2 days work and had car back fully fixed, wasnt to happy with the repairers work but loved the quick and effiecent response from the insurance company, but i have also heard that if its your fualt and they want money from you things can go very slow ! lol
Old 08-09-2008, 09:45 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by megs_wrx
Adr3naL1N - Can see where your coming from with RAC, have you called them at a different time to see if a different person will give you another quote? RAC ended up suggesting I should go under my parents names (They both have 10% each and I am 80% driver) I only pay $1500 a year. But yeah I would give them another call and see if they can do any better.
yeah ill prolly do that, ring back and get another quote, see you have like a 06 wrx? insure for prolly about 32k or so? and ur only paying 100 more then me!
Old 08-09-2008, 09:56 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

LIBRT! at standard level

Hey Guys,

I work for HBF insurance, we do insure modified cars but not all mods are acceptable. If you have aftermarket ECU's, boost controllers or any tuning done then unfortuantely we cant insure u, otherwise any other mods will be fine depends on each persons car.

Just car = really ridiculous exceses, mate just crashed his ute and has $3500 excess pfft...
Old 08-09-2008, 11:55 AM
Sir AntiLag

nicecar at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIBRT!
Hey Guys,

I work for HBF insurance, we do insure modified cars but not all mods are acceptable. If you have aftermarket ECU's, boost controllers or any tuning done then unfortuantely we cant insure u, otherwise any other mods will be fine depends on each persons car.

Just car = really ridiculous exceses, mate just crashed his ute and has $3500 excess pfft...

So say it was a verso tune, how exactly would the insurance company know that its been tuned?

Also do you require permits for the mods?

Thanks
Old 08-09-2008, 11:57 AM
Sir AntiLag

nicecar at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicecar
Yeh it seems with shannons it depends on who you get on the phone.

On the upside i got a friend of a friend that works at rac to help me out, 1300pa but only problem is they need to be assured that mods have permits? Im assuming this is the same with every insurance company so what are you guys doing in terms with permits?

Went to welshpool pits couple weeks ago and to get permits you need to fill out a form, send it to them, wait for mail on whether they agree to look at your car, then take car to pits and get permits if legal mods. Im guessing this is atleast a 3/4 week process which leaves me uninsured for that time?
Also, anyone have an answer for this?

Tags
car, experiences