Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion > Insurance Experiences
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2009, 04:12 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

elemist at standard level
Send a message via MSN to elemist

I agree with miss_Petepie... Why would they pay to replace something that's not broken. If you scratch your front bumper, they're not going to do your back bumper too?

If you bugger up two rims, then they replace two rims. On the other hand if you had gutter rash on the back two, you could probably manage to claim them as well?
Old 11-07-2009, 05:16 PM
STI Master

11secWrx at standard level

I use to be the rep for advanti / enkei for wa. These rims are Atomic and are NO longer available. Have been out of production for about 3 years. i had these on my wrx but in 18 inch Gold.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:43 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_petepie View Post
why should the insurance company replace all 4 rims when you have only damaged 2? seems fair costs if they replace the 2 damaged ones or give you the cost they were brand new...
Exactly how do you replace just 2 rims when the rims in question are no longer in production?

Unless the insurance compay expects the car to morph into a motorcycle they'll need to replace all 4 rims won't they?
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 11-07-2009, 07:16 PM
Sir AntiLag

miss_petepie at standard level

then if you cant buy them anymore then they will pay you the costs they were new and you can find them yourself...

or pay to have the rims repaired if possible..

just chat to your insurance company and notify them you cant actually buy them anymore..

and yes I do work for an insurance company.. good to see I have common sense also..
Old 11-07-2009, 07:17 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

club$pec at standard level

i'm not after anything unfair. it'd be more than happy for them to fix the two busted rims, or replace them with the same rims. but from what it seems, my atomics are no longer made! I just want my atomics back!

as far as i'm concerned if they cant replace them for the exact same rims, they will need to replace all four. My bank changed my insurance company for me, from CGU to 'un-named' I would be more than happy to move all of my insurance back to CGU, i've never had a problem with them. I've got my home & content, rental and car insurance all with the same company.

This will be a good test for them. If they want to give me a run around, i'll know its time to move on!
Old 11-07-2009, 07:19 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

club$pec at standard level

thanks again for your feed back, I'll keep ya posted
Old 11-07-2009, 11:01 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_petepie View Post
then if you cant buy them anymore then they will pay you the costs they were new and you can find them yourself...

or pay to have the rims repaired if possible..

just chat to your insurance company and notify them you cant actually buy them anymore..

and yes I do work for an insurance company.. good to see I have common sense also..
Lolz @ common sense.............

Why should he have to notify the insurance company of anything to do with the repair?

Isn't it the insurance companies JOB to oversee the repair of the vehicle by a repairer back to a roadworthy condition?

Isnt that why we pay a premium for full insurance cover?

I work in the vehicle repair industry also (and have done so for over 15 years) and I'm often shocked to see "vehicle suitable for recycled parts" on claim approvals for vehicles under 5 years old.... What a rort!

What would happen is the case of a vehicle on stock OEM rims that had become obsolete?....In your eyes the onous is on the owner to source suitable replacements?....Not likely, you wouldn't have many long term policies if that were the case.
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Tags
advantis, pic