Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion > Insurance Experiences
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2009, 08:54 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

club$pec at standard level
Default can you pic the Advantis?

G'day all,

I recently had a fight with a kerb............ and lost quite badly.
Good news is that i pay my insurance premiums so the cars in the shop right now getting fixed.

The issue is that only two of my mags are busted.
My smash repairs company have to see if they can get them fixed first, but I doubt they will be able to (sorry I neglected to take some close up pics, but two rims have hairline cracks in the spokes, and both are definitely buckled.)

So then my insurance company will need to replace them. Hopefully they can still find a match. Can anyone out there pic these mags? obviously Advantis, but what style? I love them!

as you can see, the kerb defiantly came out looking a lot better than me........

When I asked the assessor from the insurance company what will happen if they cant get a match or fix them (only two are busted) he has suggested that they will pay me the last known RRP of the two rims!

what the hell am i gonna do with only half the $$$ to get new rims?
has anyone had a similar experience? surely if I insist, they are compelled to replace all four rims with a set of rims to the same dollar value?

Last edited by club$pec; 13-07-2009 at 08:33 AM.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:11 AM
Subaru Tech Division

smerm07 at standard level

should have said all 4 rims were bust. go back to the curb and fight on the other side.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:00 AM
Ambitious but Rubbish...

Saint_23 is a guruSaint_23 is a guru

they look like the same ones as Rossco's (LegacyRS)... not sure what they are. PM him he might know...
Old 11-07-2009, 10:23 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Azzuri at standard level

Good luck with the insurance company. I'm having a discussion at the moment with mine as they want to use second hand and non genuine parts on my daily drive. They don't care that I don't (and never will) use/fit second hand and after markets parts.

The assessor told me that they will repair my car as cheaply as possible. Pity that their premiums aren't as cheap. When I questioned the insurer on why my premiums were so high for my daily drive they sprouted about the cost of parts etc, then when I make a claim they choose the cheapest option for them.

My advice is to write to them and see what happens if they can't find replacements.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:32 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

They are Advanti 'Atomic'....as far as I know they're no longer in production.

Speak to John at wheels world and ask him for Frank Frederico's contact # (he's the advanti importer/ wholesaler in WA).

Tell them both that I've put you in contact with them.

P.s I'll take your two good ones off your hands for spares for my car once you get it all sorted.
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 11-07-2009, 12:11 PM
Subaru Tech Division

saturation at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzuri View Post
Good luck with the insurance company. I'm having a discussion at the moment with mine as they want to use second hand and non genuine parts on my daily drive. They don't care that I don't (and never will) use/fit second hand and after markets parts.

The assessor told me that they will repair my car as cheaply as possible. Pity that their premiums aren't as cheap. When I questioned the insurer on why my premiums were so high for my daily drive they sprouted about the cost of parts etc, then when I make a claim they choose the cheapest option for them.

My advice is to write to them and see what happens if they can't find replacements.
Dont want to put a downer on things but if you read any insurance PDS carefully and especially Just Car, it specifically mentions that they are entitled to source 2nd hand parts.

At the end of the day they are a business, all you can do is push them hard on it.

Sounds like in this instance LegacyRS has helped you get the result your after!
Old 11-07-2009, 12:45 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

club$pec at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegacyRS View Post
They are Advanti 'Atomic'....as far as I know they're no longer in production.

Speak to John at wheels world and ask him for Frank Frederico's contact # (he's the advanti importer/ wholesaler in WA).

Tell them both that I've put you in contact with them.

P.s I'll take your two good ones off your hands for spares for my car once you get it all sorted.
Thanks! I called john just then, It all sound good. I'll wait and see what the insurance company says before I ask him to go searching

I think I remember you havin the same rims too.... Nice one! I love em. It'd be great to get em all new and scratch free! i'll let you know what happens,

Cheers
Old 11-07-2009, 12:54 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

mARC at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzuri View Post

Unfortunately its just the way it is, when a car gets to a certain age, they offset the purchase of aftermarket/second hand parts against the cost of new ones.

This has been happening in the automotive trade for years, and unfortunately the panel beaters have no say in the matter. Though I dont see how you can weasel your way out of second hand parts, if you're on the ball you will be able to save your car from after market parts.

I will add an additional note, not all panelbeaters will act the same way as a certain spray painter that advertises his services on here 'refer to a picture where two aftermarket fenders are fitted so poorly that it looks like a child did it', they can be sloted 'yeah I know', to fit exactly the same as replacement parts.

The Panel beating game has become really competitive (though due to the lack of accessable labour in the market now days has some what relaxed), there was a time where my father would lose insurance jobs due to a mear $10 discrepency in the quote, and only to have the customer 'whom most times was a life long repeat customer', come back with their tail between their legs siting what a shit job was done else where.

Other tactics insurance companies have undertaken:

-Making vehicles be tow'ed to their 'Care Centres', where repairers have to go out to the centre and quote on the spot like dogs; and
- Trying to inforce that repairers be able to quote on repair images sent by the insurance departments themselves and be liable for any missed damages (this of course didnt fly).

Good luck though, as I think everyone here has had a run in with their insurance company somewhere along the line.

Last edited by mARC; 11-07-2009 at 12:59 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Sir AntiLag

miss_petepie at standard level

why should the insurance company replace all 4 rims when you have only damaged 2? seems fair costs if they replace the 2 damaged ones or give you the cost they were brand new...
Old 11-07-2009, 02:14 PM
Ambitious but Rubbish...

Saint_23 is a guruSaint_23 is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_petepie View Post
why should the insurance company replace all 4 rims when you have only damaged 2? seems fair costs if they replace the 2 damaged ones or give you the cost they were brand new...
You must work for an insurance company.

Tags
advantis, pic