Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-04-2008, 05:17 PM
Sir AntiLag

megs_wrx at standard level
Send a message via MSN to megs_wrx

Hello and Welcome

Enjoy the forum!

Megs

Ginger Ninja...
Old 15-04-2008, 05:38 PM
STI Master

Splat_man at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Splat_man

welcome!

Umm the link you posted doesnt work, it just comes up with a login screen.
Old 15-04-2008, 08:44 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

nauli knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1233Z
G'day,

Bought an "Ugly Betty" a couple of weeks ago from Osborne Park. You may have seen it there - there were 2 displayed in the lot and I bought the black one in memory of my black KH2 TX3 which gave me endless fun.

Been scrolling your website for a couple of days and the betty gets a crap load of abuse - either way I am happy with the purchase (having no idea she was dubbed the ugly betty to begin with).

Right now she is still very stock but I would like do a couple of mods along the way. Whiteline suspension options seems very appealing and my sub is getting very lonely sitting in my room. I can only hope the deck (sat nav option) has some pre-outs to make it simple.

Sold a Renault Sport Clio Ph2 in exchange for the betty. I am still a bit impartial about letting her go. If you would like to see my 1st impressions on the betty vs the RSC they are in this link:

http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/forum/...pic.php?t=8508

Christ! - doesnt sound promising for the betty.

Oh well, I always wanted one and she is going to be with me for a while and I think we will make a great team! See ya on the forum.
And I suppose Subaru Osborne Park would have brought to your attention the form in the glovebox which entitles you to 12 months free membership of the Impreza WRX Owners Club of WA???
Old 15-04-2008, 10:24 PM
Scoobie Noobie

1233Z at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat_man
welcome!

Umm the link you posted doesnt work, it just comes up with a login screen.
Weird? Maybe they changed the rules on me. Here's what i said:

Well i let the RSC go a couple of days ago and here are my initial thoughts on the MY08 WRX.

Brakes!
Brakes for me are the most notable issue. The brakes on the WRX seem a tad poo. So much so that it takes away the excitement of the AWD. I find myself constantly braking too late and slamming on the anchors at the last moment. Maybe the RSC brakes were too good or maybe its just a weight thing - dunno!

Gears!
The gear throw on the RSC seems much more precise and smoother. With the WRX i feel i need a shoehorn sometimes to get into gear.

First Gear!
1st gear seems weak as piss on the WRX. The RSC felt that it had some awesome power in 1st. Obviously once the WRX hits 2nd its 'see ya later'.

Cornering!
RSC is shithot around the roundabouts - AWD doesnt seem to be giving me the same excitement. I feel i'm going to end up in the passenger seat as i go around.

Seats!
Definately miss the seats on the RSC - they were really snug and comfy. The WRX has just gone cheap on these - WA Salvage made a better covered seat.

Thats all for now. I'm about to talk myself into regretting the purchase. I'm pretty happy in fact. I had soooo many problems with Renault Aus and the RSC was due for about 3grand's work (timing belt, wheel bearing, CV joints perhaps). Fell in love with the black WRX - always wanted to be a boy racer. Now to blow all my cash on rice mods............
Old 15-04-2008, 10:27 PM
Scoobie Noobie

1233Z at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by nauli
And I suppose Subaru Osborne Park would have brought to your attention the form in the glovebox which entitles you to 12 months free membership of the Impreza WRX Owners Club of WA???
NOTHIN! Other than here's the keys and here is the dude that will con you into blowing more cash. Although, I did buy a demo with 4k on the clock - not sure if that gets the same deal
Old 15-04-2008, 10:29 PM
Scoobie Noobie

1233Z at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by megs_wrx
Hello and Welcome

Enjoy the forum!

Megs
Hi Megs!

I thought I held the record for the longest repair. 3months out of action waiting for a new gearbox housing to arrive from paris.
Old 15-04-2008, 11:48 PM
STI Master

Adz at standard level

TX3 eh.. black?

Only one in perth that i knew that was black.. was the ex-go2hel.. and that was a KF
Old 16-04-2008, 01:29 PM
Scoobie Noobie

1233Z at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz
TX3 eh.. black?

Only one in perth that i knew that was black.. was the ex-go2hel.. and that was a KF
I had the apparent upmarket version of the KH without a turbo. Leather steering wheel (replaced with momo race real quick), electric windows and a couple of minor stuff that we all take for granted these days. Thieves used to lover her to bits.
Old 16-04-2008, 02:52 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

waxdass at standard level
Send a message via MSN to waxdass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz
TX3 eh.. black?

i had a roll-on with it last week along mirrabooka ave. some new dude owns it now, looked serb/bozz to me

chopped me hard!

gt30 he rekns, got gate aswell.
Old 16-04-2008, 02:55 PM
Sir AntiLag

jzr at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz
TX3 eh.. black?

i had a run with this the night i picked my car up. very touchy subject as i was destroyed.

Tags
betty