Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-03-2010, 03:11 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

cm. at standard level
Default Hey all

Hey guys,

Have posted a bit around here already but I thought I would post here "officially".

Anyway, I orignally had a '98 RX (NA) which was semi-given to me as my first car. Great car, very reliable, only had ~120k on it when I got it, plus my parents had it since new. Anyway, car was written off by me hitting some guy who ran through a stop sign.

Payout came, and I thought "sweet time to get me a wrx", unfortunately after looking around with a budget of 11k MAX I didn't really find anything that didn't have <180k on it or had been taken to the track and back a few times

I'm a uni student at the moment so I thought it would be a wiser decision money-wise to buy another good quality RX rather than a thrashed WRX. I still semi regret it because I oh so want one . Ended up buying a 1999 GC8 RX w/ 128k on the clock. Payed 10.5k for it (which i think it a bit steep, but I didn't have any time left to waste looking for cars).

Anyway, that's my story. Don't know if I'll mod it, I'm not 100% keen on the sound they make with 3" cannons on the back, sound a bit too "ricey" for me. Doesn't have the WRX "grumble" which i long for . Might throw on a cold intake, some strut bars, perhaps some coilovers as well as some stock WRX rims which I'll just spray paint black haha.

Nice to meet you all, won't be showing up at any meets or cruises until I get myself a real rex.

Cheers
Old 29-03-2010, 07:19 AM
Sir AntiLag

SpitShine at standard level

welcome mate.. my advice is don't bother modifying it, and you're right regarding exhausts on NA sounding "ricey". Just try and save money whilst at uni and once you're finished and out in the workforce buy your "oh i so want one" wrx.

Enjoy your stay
Old 29-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

cm. at standard level

I was thinking of doing some handling mods that I can transfer over the a wrx once I get it, and perhaps a cold air intake, which can also be tranfered over. The car came with this POS oval tip which I'm looking at replacing with a stock WRX dual exhaust or the slightly bigger single one that was put on the 99-00 and above. I'm guessing I'll just head down to the jap wreckers to pick one up?

Anyone know rough price for a stock exhaust? Will the bolt straight on? :S
Old 29-03-2010, 01:13 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

sMY00n at standard level

welcome.
Old 29-03-2010, 01:52 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Master D knows their stuff

Hey dude. Welcome:-) with the exhaust, do a nice 2" system all the way through. It will give it a decent note and not be unreaponsive.

« hey guys | Howdy »