Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 07:15 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

tris7an at standard level

okay guys i have got some coin together and can't decide on my new rims could some one give me advice on offset i don't want to go to 18x9 35+ if its going to cost a fortune in tyres or rolling guards but if its going to be a similar price to +42 then hell why not.

my choices are: (in black)

ROTA Grids 18 x 9 +35
ROTA Torque 18 x 8 +44
ULTREX Classics 18 x 8 +42
ROTA G-Force 18 x 9 +35

haven't seen any pics on a blue wrx so photos would be great

thanks
Old 11-02-2012, 09:52 PM
STI Master

huggy_b knows their stuff

18x9 +35 compared to stock are going to sit out roughly 45mm wider. At a minimum you will have to roll the rears and possibly the fronts, plus I'm guessing you'll need to run a bit of -ve camber to tuck the wheels into the guards depending on how low you are sitting.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:04 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Munsie at standard level

ROTA G-Force 18 x 9 +35

Grids are over done
18 x 9 +35 is good fitment, fronts will be well in, depending on how much camber you have.
Rears will be spot on. Depending on what tyres your going run and how low your going to go. You won't have to do much on the fronts maybe cut out abit of inner lining and slightest of roll. Rears will have to be rolled flat, but that's no troubles.
Could even go wider with less offset if you wanted to!
Old 11-02-2012, 10:30 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

cool i really love the grids but not sure they'll suit my car so i thought the g - force also
: S hmmmm decisions decisions, i dont understand camber what is it lol sorry for noobishness haha i will do research on camber in a sec will it be more expensive to run 9" wide + 35 over 8" + 42??? if only by a little then its no probe but if its significant then may be issues. also whats the best place to get guards rolled?
Old 11-02-2012, 10:47 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

okay -ve camber i know understand to have the bottom of the wheel further out than the top so camber is the angle of the wheel ; )
Old 11-02-2012, 10:55 PM
STI Master

monkeee at standard level

Guard Rolling = Des @ AutoFX or Dentcraft.

Rims...Rota T2R's don't look half bad.

Old 11-02-2012, 11:09 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

yes they do look good but i don't think they will be part of the upcoming group buy as i haven't seen them on prospeed racing.

if i were to put 18 x 9 + 35 on what size tyres would i have to run and how much -ve camber would be ideal an any other things that will need doing to make it work?
Old 11-02-2012, 11:15 PM
STI Master

huggy_b knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tris7an View Post
yes they do look good but i don't think they will be part of the upcoming group buy as i haven't seen them on prospeed racing.

if i were to put 18 x 9 + 35 on what size tyres would i have to run and how much -ve camber would be ideal an any other things that will need doing to make it work?
Those TR2's are part of the group buy. Bear in mind they are 9.5" wide though and a +38 offset - that'll hang it almost 2" wider than stock.

On a 9" rim, 245 unless you wanna start stretching tyres, 9.5" rim you'd be looking at a 265 I think to get the right rolling diameter.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:44 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Munsie at standard level

18x9.5 +38 would be flush rear and fit fine front, guards can fit alot in when you give it a go, and the outcome is worth the effort. Wider wheels in the same diameter from rota are the same price. Depends what you are going for with tyres, if you're going for all out form > function with these set of wheels and tyre combo (which i presume you are). I wouldn't go any bigger than a 225/40 on either a 9 or 9.5, good stretch and looks good, once again if going for form>function.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:39 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Default .

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggy_b View Post
Those TR2's are part of the group buy. Bear in mind they are 9.5" wide though and a +38 offset - that'll hang it almost 2" wider than stock.

On a 9" rim, 245 unless you wanna start stretching tyres, 9.5" rim you'd be looking at a 265 I think to get the right rolling diameter.
So I have std coilovers will I need anything specific to create negative camber? And happy to hear the tr2's are in btw any word when the gb starts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munsie View Post
18x9.5 +38 would be flush rear and fit fine front, guards can fit alot in when you give it a go, and the outcome is worth the effort. Wider wheels in the same diameter from rota are the same price. Depends what you are going for with tyres, if you're going for all out form > function with these set of wheels and tyre combo (which i presume you are). I wouldn't go any bigger than a 225/40 on either a 9 or 9.5, good stretch and looks good, once again if going for form>function.

I've heard of people using 225/40 but how does stretching the tyres work isn't it dangerous? Like huggy b said are 265/40 better and will any old tyre factory bob Jane e.t.c fit tyres to it also roughly what brand of tyres is decent and what prices should I expect?

Thanks for your help guys I know nothing about these things.

Also the more I think about it I want grids but do you think the T2R will look better or the grids I can't decide sooo bad haha

Tags
build, wrx