Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-12-2011, 09:21 PM
Sign me up!
Baller on a budget

V3 RA at standard level
Send a message via MSN to V3 RA

why do you need 850cc injectors? i wasn't maxing out injectors that large making over 310hp atw...i don't see a turbo upgrade in your mods list...

JDM version 3 STi RA
Old 23-12-2011, 09:53 PM
Subaru Tech Division

REXXXED knows their stuff

WHS^
You don't need an injector upgrade for a while I would suggest. Not without a few other mods first.

Who are you getting to tune your car/what tune are you going to get.
Suggest you speak to them to map out a plan.

And yes, what turbo are you eventually going to run? I would probably do that before a couple of other things on your list to be honest

Sam
Old 23-12-2011, 10:25 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

tris7an at standard level

Haven't decided on tuner yet was recommended to verso tune but not sure that mods list is only January's list there's more to come and turbo will be upgraded but I want everything prepared for it first does any one know which fuel rails would best suit or if that list is missing key elements and also what size injectors should I run ?? 550 650 or 800?
Old 23-12-2011, 10:30 PM
STI Master

meatbag at standard level

Standard injectors decapped will suit perfectly and will also be cheap as chips. If anyone tries to tell you they are crap and will risk your engine, look at tinos 600hp no expence spared beast that is running on decaps.
Old 23-12-2011, 10:32 PM
Sign me up!
Baller on a budget

V3 RA at standard level
Send a message via MSN to V3 RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatbag View Post
Standard injectors decapped will suit perfectly and will also be cheap as chips. If anyone tries to tell you they are crap and will risk your engine, look at tinos 600hp no expence spared beast that is running on decaps.
with 1000cc secondary injectors...

JDM version 3 STi RA
Old 23-12-2011, 10:44 PM
STI Master

I thought he was running on two sets of decaps now?

Anyway, as others have said. You really need to start planning out your mods a bit more. It seems like you are throwing a shitload of cash at this thing without thinking about why you are doing it.

Sort one thing out at a time properly and move onto the next. It will save you cash!
Old 24-12-2011, 12:00 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Yeah I want to have the fuel system upgraded then the intercooler and radiator then the turbo I would buy rims but. Can't afford any I like and don't like any I can afford so I'd prefer to give my Wrx upgrades for smoother and faster performance if I am on the wrong track by doing my fuel system can some one suggest what I should do next?

Thanks guys

Much appreciated
Old 24-12-2011, 12:29 AM
Sir AntiLag

SJTWRC at standard level

Impressed with the body work - looks completely different to what you started off with! I would hate to think how much all that has cost... I know when I was recently looking at body parts it wasnt cheap! Good on you though, looks great. We need something different in the car scene! Looking forward to seeing this one out and about
Old 24-12-2011, 01:37 AM
STI Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tris7an View Post
Yeah I want to have the fuel system upgraded then the intercooler and radiator then the turbo I would buy rims but. Can't afford any I like and don't like any I can afford so I'd prefer to give my Wrx upgrades for smoother and faster performance if I am on the wrong track by doing my fuel system can some one suggest what I should do next?

Thanks guys

Much appreciated
Upgrading the fuel system will not do anything at all unless you are doing other upgrades for more power. The stock system if anything will be more reliable and smoother than anything you put in. Even with the bigger intercooler, the fuel system will be great with lots of headroom. Seriously, save your cash on this now and finish something else off.

Radiatorwise, as far as I know the stock one will also be fine right up until you are going for built motor power levels. Don't bother unless there is something wrong with it.

I don't mean to offend, but IMO you are one step away from belonging in the 'embarrasing car thread'. You really need to finish off the appearance of the car before anything else. A set of nice rims + dumpage and as someone else suggested, replacing that shiny grill bits. Once you do this it will stop looking like a riced out lancer and will look like sex on wheels. You can call the appearance side of your build complete then spend some time researching and planning out your next step before you piss all your cash away.

Next step would be up to you, handling or power. Since you need some dumpage anyway handling should be part way done? coilovers or a well matched set of lowered springs and shocks. Add is some sway bars and you can pretty much call handling done as well (for a mostly street car). With that out of the way you will be able to have some serious fun on the track without being laughed at.

Powerwise is pretty simple but costly depending on your route. Processwest intercoolers are great as are the STi ones if you can find one. If you are sticking with a top mount I'd opt for a TD05 turbo or GTPS02 (same shit different name) You will keep all your response, have some nice grunt and will remain reliable as your daily drive. Add in the usual suspects, silicon intake hose, 3 port boost solenoid, waterspray, fuel pump, tune.

Tune wise unless you are going built, either verso or ECUTEK. PLENTY of information on both here if you search.

There you have an epic beast to play with, looks the goods and will only be laughed at by bogans in their pushrod utes smoking a winnie blue and sinking a can of emu bitter.
Old 24-12-2011, 03:00 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Default : D

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatbag View Post
Upgrading the fuel system will not do anything at all unless you are doing other upgrades for more power. The stock system if anything will be more reliable and smoother than anything you put in. Even with the bigger intercooler, the fuel system will be great with lots of headroom. Seriously, save your cash on this now and finish something else off.

Radiatorwise, as far as I know the stock one will also be fine right up until you are going for built motor power levels. Don't bother unless there is something wrong with it.

I don't mean to offend, but IMO you are one step away from belonging in the 'embarrasing car thread'. You really need to finish off the appearance of the car before anything else. A set of nice rims + dumpage and as someone else suggested, replacing that shiny grill bits. Once you do this it will stop looking like a riced out lancer and will look like sex on wheels. You can call the appearance side of your build complete then spend some time researching and planning out your next step before you piss all your cash away.

Next step would be up to you, handling or power. Since you need some dumpage anyway handling should be part way done? coilovers or a well matched set of lowered springs and shocks. Add is some sway bars and you can pretty much call handling done as well (for a mostly street car). With that out of the way you will be able to have some serious fun on the track without being laughed at.

Powerwise is pretty simple but costly depending on your route. Processwest intercoolers are great as are the STi ones if you can find one. If you are sticking with a top mount I'd opt for a TD05 turbo or GTPS02 (same shit different name) You will keep all your response, have some nice grunt and will remain reliable as your daily drive. Add in the usual suspects, silicon intake hose, 3 port boost solenoid, waterspray, fuel pump, tune.

Tune wise unless you are going built, either verso or ECUTEK. PLENTY of information on both here if you search.

There you have an epic beast to play with, looks the goods and will only be laughed at by bogans in their pushrod utes smoking a winnie blue and sinking a can of emu bitter.

i already have STd coil overs on the car its as low as it could possibly go the exhaust almost hits the ground lol must look high in the pics rims should be my next purchase just can't find some i like for the right price i need a new radiator so i was thinking koyo rad. the shiny bits are going after christmas when the body work is finished as my flares have to be put on as well : D
appreciate the advice what i may do then is get rims finish body get sway bars and strut tower brace then work from there

cheers for you're help

i really did think upgrading the fuel system would be the smart way to go lol
wrong i guess haha

thanks

Tags
build, wrx